Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

She says "I know him, this isn't him."  the manager said, "yes it is, look at the eyes, they're the same."  She was pissed and I got my beer. 

when I was a kid  , I stayed with a bunch of friends    , there was a beer factory 1 street over    , you'd  bring  a case of  24 empties and 10$   ,  for a refill , right out of the machines ,  the kids would all go and  get the beer  , for their folks  -

nobody ever bothered anybody , there was  no ID   needed for Cigarettes  ,  Beer , or Booze  - the neighborhood was Irish   

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Islander said:

Back in Québec in the Sixties, it was routine for 10-year-olds to be sent to buy smokes for their parents.  We could buy them for ourselves just as easily, and some kids did.

Canadian cigarettes were very popular in NY   -- DuMaurier -Players --Export A - Belvedere -Rothmans --

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Canadian cigarettes were very popular in NY   -- DuMaurier -Players --Export A - Belvedere -Rothmans --

I used to date a woman from north of Toronto who smoked Exports, the unfiltered ones, not Export As.  She casually vomited up black stuff every morning, like it was totally normal.  I convinced her to switch to Du Mauriers, which stopped the “morning sickness”.  We haven’t spoken in twenty years, but she’s probably still smoking.

She had other addictions as well.  When I heard Beck perform this song on SNL, she was the first person I thought of:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Islander said:

I used to date a woman from north of Toronto who smoked Exports, the unfiltered ones, not Export As.  She casually vomited up black stuff every morning, like it was totally normal.  I convinced her to switch to Du Mauriers, which stopped the “morning sickness”.  We haven’t spoken in twenty years, but she’s probably still smoking.

She had other addictions as well.  When I heard Beck perform this song on SNL, she was the first person I thought of:

Excellent album.

• Like 2

Jake update for the dog folks here.  Didn't give him much more than two days and actually had my yard guy start digging a plot.  Called the vet asking if he had a miracle drug to administer.  He said there were a couple of things we could try so I took him back in.  Running a fever of 103 when 101 is normal indicative of infection.  Gave him two IM shots one a steroid that last for 29 days.   He said it is now up to Jake.

Brought him home and wrapped him up due to chills.  Giving water with a dropper.  No interest in food yet but that may change with the steroids. 

Stopped on the way home for a half gallon of Belvedere Vodka to see me through this. 

Thanks for the PMs about the Jakester.............

• Sad 12

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Jake update for the dog folks here.  Didn't give him much more than two days and actually had my yard guy start digging a plot.  Called the vet asking if he had a miracle drug to administer.  He said there were a couple of things we could try so I took him back in.  Running a fever of 103 when 101 is normal indicative of infection.  Gave him two IM shots one a steroid that last for 29 days.   He said it is now up to Jake.

Brought him home and wrapped him up due to chills.  Giving water with a dropper.  No interest in food yet but that may change with the steroids. 

Stopped on the way home for a half gallon of Belvedere Vodka to see me through this. 

Thanks for the PMs about the Jakester.............

So sorry Chuck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys......he's on the screened in porch covered up.  I check on him every ten minutes.  Going to stay inside in the master bath tonight.  Hope he eats tomorrow.

He is a great dog and cooperates with everything.  If I could give him a couple of my years...........

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

So sorry to hear about all of this.  Sad!  Just plain sad!   We all know you shared everything with him and were a positive force in his life just as he is in yours.  Gonna be tough if it happens.  Hope things work for the best but everyone here knows you've done all you can.  Nuff said.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Jake update for the dog folks here. 

Sorry to hear this, it's never good, you did all you could for the little guy, he was lucky to have you, and the other way around. 

Good luck and hope he turns around, stranger things have happened. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Darnit @BigStewMan You've got it bad tonight.

It's felt like Monday here since two days ago and the folks at my former storage facility  -icked with me again today so I'm moving that stuff a third time now... OUT OF THERE.

@Tarheel 

Know it's hard but if the shots made him more comfortable they were well worth it. Good Job.

If my memory serves me he was a rescue-pet a while back? I'm aware that can be a two-way street often.

Ya'll are in my thoughts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1