Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 minutes ago, dtel said:

The first thing to go in the shop, sound, the electrical inspection is not far off so no power besides extension cords. laptop, HDMI to receiver, streaming music.

Yeah , finally ,  a place to trip ,  when you want to play it loud  ----looks like a party just waiting to happen -

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

geez, the first headphones shown cost nearly $1,500 ... I'm not responsible enough to have those!  I'll use my brothers for a while and if I get my own, I'll get a cheap pair as these will only be used for the guitar headphone amp.  I tried to listen to music with over the ear headphones while wearing my hearing aids and the hearing aids went crazy and kept beeping and trying to make some adjustment.  

Ooooh, the hearing aids. That might make it harder to find something that will work for you.

Pricing is all over the place. The ATs are $50... don't know if that's wayout of the ball park. The reviews are mostly  very good.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM20x--audio-technica-ath-m20x-closed-back-monitoring-headphones

• Like 4

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Yeah , finally ,  a place to trip ,  when you want to play it loud  ----looks like a party just waiting to happen -

They have been out there over a week now, and it has been played loud a few times, quite the echo for now but once all the tools go in and a little insulation on the West wall it will be better, sounds good enough for now as I work on it.  

Just glad to have it going even to this point. There will be no electrical out there not on a GFIC, just to be safe. Only thing left on electrical is install the GFIC outlets at the beginning of each run and finish extending and hiding the hanging light cords 4 of those left and the inspector can come by. 10, 4' led lights light it up like daylight.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dtel said:

I know nothing about guitars, but can replay them.

The first thing to go in the shop, sound, the electrical inspection is not far off so no power besides extension cords. laptop, HDMI to receiver, streaming music.

image.jpeg

As it should be.  Looks great!  Which wall is the bar going on and where's the stripper pole? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@BigStewMan when do you get your guitar? I think you'll be impressed with the overall finish, especially the banding.....for some reason that just makes a Les Paul, IMO. I tried a LP Tribute (poor man's LP) it was ok, just didn't POP like a real LP, it has no banding. Actually the edge on a Les Paul Tribute reminds me of s Strat, finished rounded wood.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dtel said:

They have been out there over a week now, and it has been played loud a few times, quite the echo for now but once all the tools go in and a little insulation on the West wall it will be better, sounds good enough for now as I work on it.  

Just glad to have it going even to this point. There will be no electrical out there not on a GFIC, just to be safe. Only thing left on electrical is install the GFIC outlets at the beginning of each run and finish extending and hiding the hanging light cords 4 of those left and the inspector can come by. 10, 4' led lights light it up like daylight.

Nice, it's always nice to have music playing while you're working, especially at home. Your choice of a first speaker is impressive. Just think..some people are happy with a clock radio.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

As it should be.  Looks great!  Which wall is the bar going on and where's the stripper pole? 

Thank you, If I had my way the bar and pole would be on the opposite wall. But can't imagine the pole would see any action.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

@BigStewMan when do you get your guitar? I think you'll be impressed with the overall finish, especially the banding.....for some reason that just makes a Les Paul, IMO. I tried a LP Tribute (poor man's LP) it was ok, just didn't POP like a real LP, it has no banding. Actually the edge on a Les Paul Tribute reminds me of s Strat, finished rounded wood.

it was shipped via fedex yesterday from Indiana.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I can see how there might be a little reverberation going on in there @dtel!

Did y'all use LocTite on all the bolts & screws?

That is not bookshelf class equipment:o

When the speakers were put in there there was only one empty table, the echo was bad. Just a few other things helped some so I am hoping once all the tools get in there they will help? The day I put them in I had it turned up, our daughter was by the house about 75' away and said I kind of like the echo sound. :o

No loctite but it's tight, right up until something starts to rattle.

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice, it's always nice to have music playing while you're working, especially at home. Your choice of a first speaker is impressive. Just think..some people are happy with a clock radio.

Have to have music, when we were building the frame there was what is about equal to a clock radio on the table, this is a little better.

Those speakers were under the side patio covered and used for the yard, now they have a home but they can still be rolled to point out a door or picked up with the tractor for outside. I just have a problem letting go of speakers.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

"I hate the guitar.  I don't mind the Clarinet or Saxaphone but I hate the guitar"  Lydia....Andy's blind date on the Andy Griffith Show.

I'd worry if that was Barney's date that said that. Deputy Fife, now that's a guy that knew what time it was. that kind of talk, he'd nip it in the bud.

Unknown.jpeg

• Haha 3

did her dislike for the guitar have anything to do with him being able to sing while playing it?

was saxophone and clarinet code?  

--------------------------------------------

I may want to quiet the wind chimes today. Wind, not breeze, in the forecast today. 20mph steady. gusts to 40. Sposed to be warm, at least. 80` isn't hard to take.  Still dry as. Last dew point I saw was 4`. A little fire, 80 acre, popped north of us. Good thing the wind is out of the south.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

it was shipped via fedex yesterday from Indiana.

Ft Wayne I believe.

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

"I hate the guitar.  I don't mind the Clarinet or Saxaphone but I hate the guitar"  Lydia....Andy's blind date on the Andy Griffith Show.

Gomer's date, Thelma Lou's cousin. Still the best show ever on tv.

• Like 3

• Moderators
23 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

RandyH, this is the place for a party waiting to happen.

Jeeper:

dtel, that will be a great place to hang out.

Good looking XJ you have,

Well it will be a good place for me to hang out but other people would rather about 100' away, just to the left behind the jeep the garden starts, in the garden is the bar. A much better place for others to hang out, and me.

It's what I am best at hanging out, it's what old people do.

yard-04.JPG.03119fd6046053c0ddef93a1abc66c00.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 1