Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 hours ago, dtel said:

They have been out there over a week now, and it has been played loud a few times, quite the echo for now but once all the tools go in and a little insulation on the West wall it will be better, sounds good enough for now as I work on it.  

Just glad to have it going even to this point. There will be no electrical out there not on a GFIC, just to be safe. Only thing left on electrical is install the GFIC outlets at the beginning of each run and finish extending and hiding the hanging light cords 4 of those left and the inspector can come by. 10, 4' led lights light it up like daylight.

You will regret not insulating the whole building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

how about  the accordion  , it's so painful  , even my dog  whines

Some is painful, but some I really like, it's not all polka. :emotion-41:

This guy is great live.

• Like 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Dave A said:

You will regret not insulating the whole building.

Probably

I didn't for a couple reasons, cost would have slowed everything down and putting the metal on with insulation between the metal and the frame is a pain and much harder. 

I am hoping with a 10' wide x 9' high door on each end plus fans it won't be to bad, the doors are north and south which is where the wind is out of during the summer. It's way more circulation and openings than I am use to where I have been working, not saying it was not hot but here everything is hot in the summer, just being in the shade is a big part. We will see soon enough.

8 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

That's looks like a beautiful setting, wow, now that's a hang out.

I love the detail on the wood face plate, really nice, thanks for sharing.

Thank you, it' the kind of thing that happens when you have time and get bored, I need to stay busy, don't do well without a project. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Thank you, it' the kind of thing that happens when you have time and get bored, I need to stay busy, don't do well without a project. 

Yea I did not notice those palms and the Polynesian looking geometrics the last time the tiki bar got published here.

Cool.

A dremel or a big pocket knife? ;)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Ft Wayne I believe.

Gomer's date, Thelma Lou's cousin. Still the best show ever on tv.

Actually Barney was trying to set Andy up with a date.  Lydia says her name means "a native of Lydia but I'm not from Lydia I'm from Greensboro".  Barney tells Lydia that Andy plays the guitar and she makes her statement.  She also says she hates the outdoors "it give me the herpes".

Gomer's date was Thelma Lou's cousin (different girl) and the 6 of them were going to a dance when Gomer bolts from the house starting a big fight.  Gomer saw the other girls had a corsage and he left to get his date one.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Probably

I didn't for a couple reasons, cost would have slowed everything down and putting the metal on with insulation between the metal and the frame is a pain and much harder. 

I am hoping with a 10' wide x 9' high door on each end plus fans it won't be to bad, the doors are north and south which is where the wind is out of during the summer. It's way more circulation and openings than I am use to where I have been working, not saying it was not hot but here everything is hot in the summer, just being in the shade is a big part. We will see soon enough.

You can always go back and do it if you think it's necessary.  The important thing is that you have music and really big speakers, and you've got that in spades, it appears.  I have a big building to put up this year, and a friend that lost a barn recently (way under insured), and looking at steel because of the huge difference in material costs right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pete H said:

You can always go back and do it if you think it's necessary.  The important thing is that you have music and really big speakers, and you've got that in spades, it appears.  I have a big building to put up this year, and a friend that lost a barn recently (way under insured), and looking at steel because of the huge difference in material costs right now.

If nothing else, do closed cell foam on the roof and south wall.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dtel said:

Probably

When that sun comes up you will feel it but that is not the big reason.  Impossible to heat in winter and your tin will drip water like no tomorrow from condensation. Yes insulation is more trouble and expense but saves everything that can rust from rusting,  My first shop was built that way and it was a constant nightmare of sweating metal.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Actually Barney was trying to set Andy up with a date.  Lydia says her name means "a native of Lydia but I'm not from Lydia I'm from Greensboro".  Barney tells Lydia that Andy plays the guitar and she makes her statement.  She also says she hates the outdoors "it give me the herpes".

Gomer's date was Thelma Lou's cousin (different girl) and the 6 of them were going to a dance when Gomer bolts from the house starting a big fight.  Gomer saw the other girls had a corsage and he left to get his date one.

Yes, you're right. I do love that show. My Dad always reminded me of Andy, about the same age. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dave A said:

When that sun comes up you will feel it but that is not the big reason.  Impossible to heat in winter and your tin will drip water like no tomorrow from condensation. Yes insulation is more trouble and expense but saves everything that can rust from rusting,  My first shop was built that way and it was a constant nightmare of sweating metal.

No humidity in lower Mississippi.  LOL.

My aluminum patio cover and steel car port sweat and drip like crazy just as you describe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stuck in the house waiting on a phone call to do with the estate^_^

It's been not so bad recently except for the storage of stuff, spent a lot of evenings vegging out in front of the tv recently. Watched some strictly for entertainment stuff and get to see some of the plays, from my hockey team on the NHL app that came preinstalled with the Roku. Even got a couple condensed games, but hate watching a game when I already know the outcome except the Cup Finals from 2006!! Finished up a kind of silly sci-fi/mythological series from down under called "the Amazing Johnsons" the other night. Caught the first "30 Coins" that seemed like pretty good suspense but the cheesy special effects at the end of that has kept me from going back to it. 

Now it's "Half Worlds" on hbomax I started last week... interesting stuff, a little gory.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yea I did not notice those palms and the Polynesian looking geometrics the last time the tiki bar got published here.

Cool.

A dremel or a big pocket knife? ;)

The building was up for a year, I got bored took down those boards and put them on a table and did that. I tried a dremel first and it was very slow. So I took the bottom plate off the router and put a bit in it kind of shaped like a V and just held it in my hand like a dremel, this was much faster. Safe, probably not but as long as I didn't drop it in my lap it was fine. :o 

Then on the edge of the pond on the bar side is red cedar boards, there is a different design on each one. I asked someone since I can't draw how can I get designs on the boards to carve, they had a very simple idea. Find designs you want and print them, use carbon paper and draw over the design and the carbon paper will mark the wood. It worked great and was easy.

Sone a just drawn some are with the stencil, just odd designs. 

yard 34.jpg

yard 33.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ugh, yanked a couple hallway's and stair carpet yesterday.  Today I'm pulling those itty bitty staples some moron used on the rebond.  Forgot how much fun that really way.  Should hammer em and go but nope not me.  JJ Cale's sounding pretty good though.  :)

That place of yours @dtel looks great!  Ya got it all workin 'cept for one thing.  Ya want me to drag that stripper pole out and bring it down for the pilgrimage?  Could take it to your place, do the install, gimme a couple days in the local bars then we'd close em all down w/the women who follow me back to your place.  Slushie boy @ the bar?  Gold mine!  or not?  :) 

Wait, scratch that!  Forgot about your wife!  I'd be dead meat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Pete H said:

You can always go back and do it if you think it's necessary. 

That's what I was thinking.

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

If nothing else, do closed cell foam on the roof and south wall.

The side to my left in that pic is the west wall, it's get's sun all evening and would be the worst. 

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

No humidity in lower Mississippi.  LOL.

It's always low here, never over 100% :lol:

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

I forgot about that, where the tools were was insulated with Reflectech. It's that plastic air bubble stuff with a reflective coating on one side which worked great for heat, it also catches the drips and I guess it evaporates later ?  Probably why I forgot about the dripping metal.    

One other thing that can be done is to put  a coating on top of the roof, I did that on a different roof and it also worked to lower the heat and any dripping. It was not cheap but very good, although I don't want to go through that on a new roof.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Henry-4-75-Gal-887G-Tropi-Cool-100-Silicone-Gray-Roof-Coating-HE887G018/302865617

• Like 1