Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I think we just need to count any of the C's already there, or maby just Coffee,  cables and any other C that may come up. Or it could end up three pages long like Dirtmudds links he post. 

• Haha 4

Man I'm tired today. My limbs feel like jello. Spent the weekend schlepping 67 pound blocks. Staircase is about halfway completed. I had to get to a point where if it rains my efforts would not get destroyed. Well I'm back at my real job(work) resting:)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Man I'm tired today. My limbs feel like jello. Spent the weekend schlepping 67 pound blocks. Staircase is about halfway completed. I had to get to a point where if it rains my efforts would not get destroyed. Well I'm back at my real job(work) resting:)

You have sure put in alot of hard work fixing up your property, from what we can see it looks great. You can imagine you added to the property value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Ok, i give. What is it? I think maybe it says coffee? But on my LCD monitor its just a flashing C.

I can "read" it either...But, I bet is says coffee, in subliminal messaging

-----------------------

I'd feel better about my back giving me hell if I had been lifting 67lb blocks, instead of that measly paint brush.

• Like 1

@babadono

I turned 16 that year never even went to a dead show until the 80s. I did see, hear & experience Jerry G!

My birthday night third week in June it was still like 95+ after dark and humid with the magnolia smell everywhere and sticking to you.

Right after dark my two buds tricked me and dumped several dots into my hand, they did theirs but where did mine go? I'll stop there. 

Didn't hang with them much after that.

Did run into *om in Atlanta a decade later he still thought of it as a triumph, and got a good laugh out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, babadono said:

Maybe pare down your pile of $$$$$ and hire a part-time schlepper - 💪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@babadono

I turned 16 that year never even went to a dead show until the 80s. I did see, hear & experience Jerry G!

My birthday night third week in June it was still like 95+ after dark and humid with the magnolia smell everywhere and sticking to you.

Right after dark my two buds tricked me and dumped several dots into my hand, they did theirs but where did mine go? I'll stop there. 

Didn't hang with them much after that.

Did run into *om in Atlanta a decade later he still thought of it as a triumph, and got a good laugh out of it.

I was born in 63 also....

• Like 2

Think I even beat @grasshopper to coffee today, on the last of the first run now. Ever heard Great Horned Owls doing their mating ritual? 

For only the third time I have now. They're always on the north side of the house when I've heard them right outside the window over my bed Their softly made but voluminous noises sounded like what I imagined to be goblins or some other mythical beings the first time they woke me decades ago. So I got out of be a half hour later and had my first cup at 4:30 today.

Researched and found a replacement that should be thick enough at 5/8"for one of my original Purdy's. Really like their red bristle "All Paints" that they used to make but the Nylox one I picked up a couple years ago for thirty bucks was used once and put in the toolbox. Too thin and wouldn't hold enough paint it makes anything take longer to do... and I'm slow enough now-a-days. Always used Wooster's Yachtsman for alkyds. This is the second interior one to give it up this go around thought I would put it up because I'm certain this thing helped make me tens of thousands for that decade. The handle just came apart at the nails. Eating off of a card table lately, it will be the pc desk at my interim addy.

A  louvered door set killed it!

PXL-20210309-111115163.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

yep...

ya beat me this AM. I was up at 3 yesterday.  Ate breakfast,  made coffee, woke wife at 6 and went back to bed until 8. Spent the better part of the day inert.

after these last few days being at or near 80... back to reality... 60's for a few days and freezing AM temps. Guess I'll be spreading the row cover... Getting excited about seeds coming up. Got a hold of some Buttercrunch lettuce seed. Be putting that in. I have radish seed. I don't much care for them, but, I'll give them to the kid. 3wks from sprout to harvest is quick enough to keep her attention. About as close as you can get to instant gratification as you can get in the gardening...unless you count bean or alfalfa spouts.

thinking about going to the lake...brave the wind.. I dunno

• Like 3

19 hours ago, babadono said:

@Pete H what kind of a drum set does a 4 yr old get? A drum set, wafffles, bacon and sausage? Will you be my Gramps?:)

Just a basic starter Ludwig set, nothing crazy until we see if she takes to it or not.  I have her cook with me as much as possible, so when she stays over, we make whatever she wants.  If we find the right venue for the next audio gathering, I'll toss in the waffle maker and we'll be set.  LOL

• Like 2