Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

You are talking scallops... I like scallops...ya know what I'm having?

Mac and cheese with tuna... thanks? 

Did fried chicken and mashed last night. Made a batch of bread pudding, too... and for breakfast - strawberry pancakes.   Feel like I was in the kitchen all day

Spring break for wife's school next week. I am getting the feeling it will be more of she will be there w/o the kids, doing admin stuff

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Shiva said:

Are you going to take a few pics on your walk about?  Always nice to see the countryside of different lands. 

Well @Shiva, your wish is my command ....all what you see on the following pics is at least in a distance less than a mile from my house.

Our lake called See Kemnade

wasserparadies_extended_16-9.1200x630.thumb.jpg.892b93fd6523aef06644f7cda35ecabb.jpg

A Fortress from the 12th. century

csm_Hattingen_Burg_Blankenstein_Winter_Landschaft_2408e40027.thumb.jpg.b498a859561cf00a47241c641966b4ab.jpg

Our Watercastle , " Watercastle Kemnade "

458091134_schlosskemnade.jpg.9df84955a5922f900c989b97f8dae3e7.jpg

and a view over the Valley "Kemnade"

ruhrtal-381-1.thumb.jpg.d248aba236515ff34a98de2c69641ff4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

My wife spent some time in Germany. She's into castles and that kinda thing. Had to ask her if she'd been to that one ... no.

after being awakened by sleet pelting off the window this AM ... it all melted before 7AM.... then it SNOWED. Needless to say, it did not get to 70` today. Y'all are gonna love this one when it gets to yas..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

My wife spent some time in Germany. She's into castles and that kinda thing. Had to ask her if she'd been to that one ... no.

Think so too. The watercastle and the little fortress in our local envirement and forrests are only famous in our  local commuinity . They didn´t play a big roll in the history. It´s always nice to have some treasures like this arround the area you´ll life in. Keeps the longlasting traditional history alive.

• Like 7

Greetings from the ER.  A UTI drove me here.  I'm being admitted to a bed with a catheter and IVs.  The good news CT scan negative for stones.  I'll try to relax and watch basketball.  Let's not a add catheter as another "C."

I could've used the expertise of @jwc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

18 hours ago, grasshopper said:

My wife spent some time in Germany. She's into castles and that kinda thing.

Yes I know her , your wife is a very well known guide for German cultural assets

lady-ronja-burgdame-kostuem-1n7wVFO09nRimY_600x600@2x.thumb.jpg.1500647a83130f630ca7c48d3a4604ba.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Greetings from the ER.  A UTI drove me here.  I'm being admitted to a bed with a catheter and IVs.  The good news CT scan negative for stones.  I'll try to relax and watch basketball.  Let's not a add catheter as another "C."

I hope you get some relief.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Damn Diz.  Get well soon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1