Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Greetings from the ER.  A UTI drove me here.  I'm being admitted to a bed with a catheter and IVs.  The good news CT scan negative for stones.  I'll try to relax and watch basketball.  Let's not a add catheter as another "C."

I could've used the expertise of @jwc.

Sending you some good juju.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Should I be insulted that the nurse used tweezers and a magnifying glass to insert this catheter?

Heck no. At least the nurse shows a delicate touch dealing with your “little” problem. Or would you rather the nurse come in wearing a tool belt holstering vice grips and hammer 🔨. And keep your gown closed - lest yo be known as the “northern grasshopper” - 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Greetings from the ER.  A UTI drove me here.  I'm being admitted to a bed with a catheter and IVs.  The good news CT scan negative for stones.  I'll try to relax and watch basketball.  Let's not a add catheter as another "C."

I could've used the expertise of @jwc.

take care now  ,  all these cute nurses will have you out in no time --

• Like 2

I hear ya...

1st trip to Australia, I spent a lot of time near getting into trouble and "sampling" their beers.  2nd trip was about the same.... and I was married..."Sampling" the beer was not the source of near getting into "trouble".  I tell yas about it sometime.

Giving the little speakers a work out. [Wife is trying to do some work... grading papers, so I'm in the doghouse].. I would like to take them in the house for a comparison. Not to the LaScalas, room to room. I expect less bottom in the house. The R15Ms seemed to have more bass in the doghouse. These RP600Ms are noticeably more punchy than the R15Ms

• Like 4

On 3/12/2021 at 6:55 PM, MC39693 said:

Pan seared scallops at Gary Danko’s in SAN Fran.... best “cooked” scallops ever. Second best seafood only to spotted prawns... in ocean, in mouth, in 3 seconds flat! West coast BC fishing ... trapping spotted prawns, a few years back.

Gia's Lenten school lunch this Friday

pan seared scallops with caramelized onions and kalamata olives... with a red sauce served over ciabatta bread and shrimp cocktail

IMG_20210305_113835_hdr.jpg

• Like 7

watch tv....

Cheech and Chong

"What ya watching?"

"An Indian movie..."

looking at the test pattern

-----------------------------------------------

dug the kid a little garden space... in virgin soil... About a shovel head and a half deep... 4ft X 4ft... Yielded a conservative 50lb of rock/s..prolly closer to 100lb.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Well that garden is producing well, at about 30 cents a pound here you did ok.  

I tell folks that I believe sand is baby rocks... with water and fertilization, they grow into rocks.

Yeah... I get a bumper crop of them most years

The shovel actually penetrated 3 or 4 inches before TANG!!!

The old lady that built this place is rumored to have squirreled stuff away. So far, all I have found is stashes of rock....

• Like 1