Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Are you allowed to go to the hairdresser in America ? Since last week we are allowed to cut our hair in Germany again. It was not possible for several month because of Corona. This morning I had the long-awaited appointment with my hairdresser. I can't tell you what a good feeling it is to have a decent haircut again.

May our leading german politicians shall fix an appointment soon ...think it´s time for them as well .....

Before Corona

Lock1.jpg.8144abd5ad07796e7358d3ff3d566a47.jpg

Right now .....Corona Hairstyle

Lock2.jpg.b3aac202348d48c0edc23784e2f567f0.jpg

• Haha 7

@MicroMara I revile spending money on some things. Like haircuts, underwear & socks and other stuff. My socks are Darn Tough I got five or more years ago that feel so good and have a lifetime warranty. The cotton tube socks weren't lasting two years anymore.

So I spent $40 or so twice in two decades and have not had to pay a single penny for haircuts since me and my X split.

PXL-20210324-012236724.jpg

Granted I don't have a full thick head of hair anymore... so the crew-cut is about all that could be done for my hair now. Cut mine yesterday and needed a wool cap when I left after that!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Second 20 oz of coffee going down now.

It's an exciting day for me already. An outfit that buys homes to sell not the normal kind of flipper, but a national one gave me a great guesstimate. 15% higher than what I was told to list it at by the four realtors that visited after the holidays. He will call today with the actual one, hope it's good for at least two weeks `cause I'm going to get a for sale sign this morning and put it up to see what competing offers I'd get.

My deductions now:

a. Prices are going up on everything, just because...

b. Availability in this area has gone down a bit since the fall.

c. I might have waited until the right time to spring this property on the market!

• Like 5

Mornin' All

Doing better today. Looking more winter than spring these passed two days. Near gale force wind yesterday... with gusts. And not very warm, either. Squeezed a little moisture out of the weather.  Don't get me wrong.... nothing is wet. No puddles...  Enough to knock the dust down for a few minutes.

Felt like crap on top of the weather. Wondering if it's not a reaction to "the shot"? Been a week since I got it. Spent a lot of time napping.

• Like 3

Had my second shot Sunday grasshopper and felt a bit tired yesterday.  Can't say it was the shot since I also started walking some and took two short walks.  And then there was the three vodka/tonics as well.  Plus a pool shoot out with LF.  She's getting pretty good and beat me once.

• Like 5

My shots are done.  It's all in your mind @grasshopper.  You're gonna make it!  Good time to play the wifey for a few more days off though.  😂

@Tarheel gotta let 'em win at least one to keep them coming back for more.  3 vodka/tonics?  Good job!  :)

Ok, gotta get on the painting or I'll never get done.  Gotta love job security!  

• Like 4

Guys, I hope the shots do good by you. With my health issues I don't plan on getting them at all.

Sooo, the official word wasn't what the guy that said he knew what he was doing was. Nope it was 10% less than what I was told to list it at three months ago. About what I would expect from someone in the middle. Looks like the Blazer might have fallen through too, There is a grocer 1/3 of a mile away so I'm good for now.

Ahhh h@ll at least I had some excitement for a couple hours.... more than I normally get in my life! I can remember when I got excited and satisfied twice a day and more for years on end.  Ahhh, how my mightiness has faltered.:lol:

@Dave1291 reading all your posts, I think you've had an effect on my penmanship.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Another afternoon in the pool room with LF.  Vodka and tonics again.....going through that half gallon of Chopin pretty fast.  Did Keto for a month and lost 8 pounds.  Transitioned to Atkins so I made some Atkin's friendly cheese cake muffins. 

Scouring the country and beyond for a Norwich Terrier.  You guys hear of one available please let me know. 

After the Grammy's clips I saw I dropped Tidal, the former drug dealer Jay-Z, and his hook up Beyonce.  Went to Amazon HD and liking it.  Making some play list with only ultra high def songs.  Saving money too.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Another afternoon in the pool room with LF.  Vodka and tonics again.....going through that half gallon of Chopin pretty fast.  Did Keto for a month and lost 8 pounds.  Transitioned to Atkins so I made some Atkin's friendly cheese cake muffins. 

Scouring the country and beyond for a Norwich Terrier.  You guys hear of one available please let me know. 

After the Grammy's clips I saw I dropped Tidal, the former drug dealer Jay-Z, and his hook up Beyonce.  Went to Amazon HD and liking it.  Making some play list with only ultra high def songs.  Saving money too.

https://norwichterrierclub.org/find-a-norwich/ntca-rescue-committee/?v=2ac843586882

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Wildgoose Norwich Terriers

This is an emotional time for many as we #stayathome in the COVID -19 environment!  Some people think they have time for a dog now that they are working from home or just seem to have more time.  The reality is ... things will eventually return to the lifestyle that we previously had ... for the most part.  So before you jump in to committing to getting a new puppy ask yourself again, "Will you have the time a puppy needs from you for more than the next decade".  It will be +8 months waiting period before we have an available puppy. 

We pride ourselves in what we think are exceptional dogs. Our Norwich Terriers are our passion. We are not a kennel. Our dogs are raised in our home, as part of our family. We generally have one or two litters a year with the intention of improving on the previous generation. Exactly the same effort goes into raising a top show dog as a companion puppy.

We carefully select exceptional males outside our blood lines to match with our girls.  Each match of dam to sire seeks the best in health, temperament and conformation.  Our dams, and the sires we select, have generations of documented health testing on public registries (www.ofa.org).  All our puppies are free whelped in our home.  The result is healthier puppies with the best start to life, to be the best companions for you. We crate train, start beginners leash training, and winter weather permitting, we start initial potty training. We keep our puppies until they are 12 weeks old.  This ensures initiation of vaccine protocols as well as early socialization with a flow of new people, places and things, to set the conditions for the best physical and mental health we can give your puppy to transition to your family.

Our Puppies

• Are checked by our veterinarian at around five days old.
  • Most litters have their tails docked and dew claws removed by a veterinarian.  Some litters have natural tails.
  • Every litter is registered with the American Kennel Club, as is every individual puppy.   
  • Are checked by our veterinarian the week prior to going to their new homes. 
  • Are microchipped (ISO compliant radio frequency transponder) for identification, security and safety. 
  • Have their core puppy shots.
  • Come with our Puppy Handbook on receipt of the deposit.
  • Come with a collar, lead, blanket, toy and some food.
  • Have a two year genetic health guarantee.
  • Come with a lifetime return if that unfortunate need arises. 

Health

All our adults over two years of age are health screened for hips dysplasia, patella luxation, and eye examinations (by boarded by ACVO Ophthalmologists) to meet the recommended protocols for the Norwich Terrier Club of America and receive a Canine Health Information Center (CHIC) number. We exceed those requirements by doing additional testing!  We consider genetic health screening as a preventative measure that is essential to being a responsible breeder and the reason for our success. Not all breeders test their dogs. You can see our dogs on-line genetic health testing records at the links here.  

Norch_terrier_puppies3.jpg?timestamp=1454010344212

Contract 

• All our puppies are sold with a Non-Breeding contract. We want you to know what you can expect of us and equally, what we expect of you.

Ancestry

• Parents and lineage are generations of American, Canadian and European Champions. We use the adage “The best or nothing” when it comes to our breeding choices. 

Breeder Support

• We will re-home your dog for its lifetime should the unfortunate need arise.
  • Puppies come with our exceptional breeder support. We are only a phone call away.
  • Puppies come with our "Wildgoose Norwich Puppy Handbook", a booklet that answers all the questions you might have when bringing a new puppy into your home. Training, vaccine protocols, feeding, grooming and numerous other issues are all addressed.  We will also give you access to the locked grooming pages if that is of interest to you.
  • We regularly show our dogs in the U.S. and Canada to validate our breeding program by judges and other breeders. We are active members of The Norwich Terrier Club of America, and The Canadian Kennel Club and The Rideau Terrier Club (Canada).

NEXT LITTER: FALL 2021

If you are not on our currentlist you are looking at 2022

Norwich%20Terrier%20Puppies%205.jpg?timestamp=1612218784218

VISITORS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME

If at all possible we strongly encourage you to come and see our dogs in our home. It is best to make an appointment. This will give you an opportunity to ask any additional questions to make sure this is the right breed for you and for us to tell you more about our dogs. You are also welcome to telephone (757) 316-7111. We strongly believe that a dog is a lifetime commitment. Since your puppy will be a member of your family and you will live with your choice for years to come (average lifespan is 12-16 years) you will want to put in the time to finding a quality puppy over something that you may regret for the same lengthy period.

To begin the process of getting on our waiting list, please: 

1. Complete and return our Puppy Questionnaire. That puts you on our radar and we will respond to you.  The more detailed your response the better we can understand the temperament of puppy you are looking for.
  2. Come and visit, COVID permitting!  While not essential to be considered for a pup, and we appreciate that distances may be great, we like to offer everyone the opportunity to see where their pup comes for, meet the mom, and our crew ranging in ages from 2 to over 15 years!
  3. Read our Companion Contract.  We want you to know what you should expect from us and what we expect from you.
  4. Send us an email once a month simply saying "Still Interested".  That lets us know you are serious.  For us it quickly weeds out the mass mailings looking for a puppy from anybody. 
  5. Once we have a puppy available we will let you know.  Once our puppies are a week old, your non refundable deposit will confirm your intentions and secure your puppy.  Full payment for the pup is required once it is 12 weeks old.

The internet is an excellent source to find things conveniently but lacks the personal touch necessary for us to place a dog responsibly. To that end if you would like to pursue this we suggest that you contact us.

Tel: (757) 316-7111
Email: wildgoosenorwich@mac.com

Wildgoose Registered Norwich Terriers
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved

• Like 1