Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

he gets quiet every now and then.  Hope all is well with him and his brother...

the last time , he posted , he  was talking about cereal that avoided WW3 , but I have a better joke , and yes it's real -

@BigStewMan  -------when I was in the service  , I wanted to  make the watered down  hot chocolate  tastier for the guys  , but I couldn't find any cacao,  but here were 4 big boxes of Chocolate  ex-lax  , on the shelves , at the exchange  , and they went into the big jug , it tasted delicious -

now I thought that the guys would fart like hell , but what actually happened was  --ooooops - ➡️Male Sign - Accessible Bathroom Sign, Transparent Png - 695x695 (#9902177)  PNG Image - PngJoy

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

the last time , he posted , he  was talking about cereal that avoided WW3 , but I have a better joke , and yes it's real -

@BigStewMan  -------when I was in the service  , I wanted to  make the watered down  hot chocolate  tastier for the guys  , but I couldn't find any cacao,  but here were 4 big boxes of Chocolate  ex-lax  , on the shelves , at the exchange  , and they went into the big jug , it tasted delicious -

now I thought that the guys would fart like hell , but what actually happened was  --ooooops - ➡️Male Sign - Accessible Bathroom Sign, Transparent Png - 695x695 (#9902177)  PNG Image - PngJoy

but what actually happened was  --ooooops -

received_1309300046119263.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I've just started using those red chili peppers instead of green jalapenos a while back. La Preferida had some hot ripe jalapenos in a jar that has been unavailable here for about a year now. That was after I got addicted to them. So I decided they looked exactly like the green jalapenos in the next bin on the produce aisle except for the ripeness. Soaking them in the leftover vinegar from a bottle of jalapenos for a couple months gives then a nice flavor!

That leads me to the chili-con-carne I made yesterday with them. Nice and hot, being stuck inside with all the rain isn't going to be good today.

Might add some water and reduce it over the fire after it gets up to room temp again. The two cloves, 3 tbsp chili powder, 1tsp cayenne, salt and the whole chili pepper made a nice flavor. Polished off the tea with it got to make more for today.

PXL-20210326-114855763.jpg

• Like 4

Hi again, lucky the license tag place is less than two miles away right now. Got a good walk in 70 degrees 90% and even a t-shirt was too much, but with my fifteen or whatever % body fat of an almost 60yr old I did not take it off. Couldn't have drawn interest any more than flies:P

That chili above the cumin cut the peppers some and the good walk... those flies would have died I think.

Carry on... got to make my Luzianne, get back to my painting where the walls sucked it up too much even though I piled on the millage. Then get the "Make Me Move" sign up by the road, mine is going to be different.

@Dave1291 saw that you mentioned rolling the doors then feathering them out with a brush. 

Right On Man!

That's the only way unless it's steel doors with alkyd paint and a 1/8" roller to pull it tight!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

His Les Paul neck is considerably larger than his Strat neck, he'll get used to it.

@BigStewMan    can sand , and smoothe the neck of the Les  Paul ,  it becomes as easy to play as a Strat  or a Tele with a Strat neck   -

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I've just started using those red chili peppers instead of green jalapenos a while back.

We have been using Ancho chili's in different things, a couple whole dried peppers adds a nice flavor to a good size pot. No heat at all but nice flavor, it's really just a dried version of a poblano pepper

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

We have been using Ancho chili's in different things, a couple whole dried peppers adds a nice flavor to a good size pot. No heat at all but nice flavor, it's really just a dried version of a poblano pepper

`Morning Eldon, I've tried the ancho chili powder before for making my non-TX chili. It is different to me like a sweet musty flavor, are the dried ones the same? They are in plastic bags on the intl. aisles here. Next time I used only cayenne and that was a good batch. Poblanos you say, good stuffed with monterey jack!

Kind of like the sweet, dark musty flavor of mesquite that I love. Haven't grilled big slabs of salmon in a while but try using mesquite chips when you do it next time, it's very good.  That with asparagus (has to have hollandaise if it isn't broiled) and some bread. Voila!

Man I get turned sideways in a flash recently, some days coffee is an insufficient breakfast.

• Haha 2

Mornin' All

We deviated from pizza Friday...

T-bone, baked potato and sauteed peppers.... tossed some onion and mushrooms in with them. 

boy is at the ranch for a few days,  Not all  work.   A lady.. Kind of a long distance affair She's in from VA and staying at the "ranch".  I expect he will be bringing her here. He cleaned the house... and then moved the Harley in. I doubt the bike [indoor] will impress her. I can tell you. I am less than happy about it being in there.  I have no tongue left, from biting it.  If I had said anything to him, it would have ended with me screaming at him... and I don't have the energy [to waste] for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2021 at 6:57 PM, jimjimbo said:

Thanks Jimbo.  I talked with Ursula at the NT rescue about two weeks ago and am on her waiting list.  Norwich Terriers have small litters and a great following making them difficult to find.  Jake was a rescue, a former breeding dad, that we got at age 9.  A wonderful dog that we lost too soon.

I have been corresponding with a lady who may retire one of her male breeder dads.  Just this morning I got the news that they think their dog would be happy in our home so I may be making a loooong drive soon.  Keep your fingers crossed!

On 3/24/2021 at 6:57 PM, jimjimbo said:

• Like 3