Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

So sad to hear of the passing of Sancho.....one of our coffee klatch buds😢

Yea, no foolin.  

@grasshopper  A Harley in the house along w/a new woman in the area?  Welllllllll, the only advice I can give you on that is around here some do keep them in the house when they're NOT riding them in the winter.  As a kid growing up in the early 60's I remember a couple of guys who were founding members of the Outlaws.  They just rode theirs up the porch step and into the house every day.  Most stayed away from them but all of us kids loved it. lol  Sort it cause he's not Peter Fonda  The steaks sound great though.  70 here today "they" say so have a couple t-bones thawing!  😂

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I told wife, if he was a biker, I would expect it. He NOT.  And I still wouldn't approve of it being in the house. He bought it thinking how cool he would look on it.... until he has to pick it up... lol

He doesn't know how to ride it with any degree of proficiency.  He learned that 10 miles into his first attempt. Bent handlebars, dented tank, broken mirrors and front turn signal lights...

Ride it in???? HaHaHa...He and a buddy pushed it into the house...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

He doesn't know how to ride it with any degree of proficiency.  He learned that 10 miles into his first attempt. Bent handlebars, dented tank, broken mirrors and front turn signal lights...

Yea, remember that all happening.

You're lucky though.  :)  Vance & Whitey are the two guys I knew from here.  They had no fear riding and I mean ZERO they did what they wanted when they wanted.  The end result? A double murder for hire conviction.   Bennett went to trial in September and October 1990. All three men already convicted testified against Bennett at his trial. He was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison with a chance of parole in 20 years. Bennett filed for a motion to be released from prison in 1999 due to health concerns, but the motion was denied. He died in 2006.

• Like 2

@grasshopper maybe the t-bones need to be the norm then deviate to pizza every now and then. I rode my bike into the house once when there was a hurricane hitting the coast 40 miles away... dropped to a ts quickly so it wasn't that bad in Maitland.  He did get that stuff fixed and buffed out didn't he? Should be getting better by now with his riding prowess!

Ken going to the icu for low blood pressure was not good. That meant it could not be handled pharmaceutically. 

Folks was Mr. Sancho pulling our legs with his birthdate at his info page here?

If it is factual he was a well lived gentleman at 102.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Folks was Mr. Sancho pulling our legs with his birthdate at his info page here?

Thinking he was in the Navy during Nam so I suppose he was an older curmudgeon like most of us!  Great guy though.  Leg pulls are a good thing at times or no?  lol  I had enough trouble chewing thru that southern and I mean southern accent!  hahaha  :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Should be getting better by now with his riding prowess!

Uhhh, no

He's afraid of it.  Consequently, it doesn't get ridden. He might start it and ride it around the block.... which is really what he needs to do a lot more of. Low speed on dirt with ruts and loose rock/dirt...

I think he likes horses better. They have a self-righting mechanism..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ya just have to l i s t e n instead of hearing speech like glazing over a paragraph in a book.

Now Cajun, real Cajun took me by surprise 40 years ago and I had to ask him to slow down and please repeat what he said. Within a couple of days we could talk almost at a normal speed!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Uhhh, no

He's afraid of it.  Consequently, it doesn't get ridden. He might start it and ride it around the block.... which is really what he needs to do a lot more of. Low speed on dirt with ruts and loose rock/dirt...

I see. Yea he needs dry asphalt for a while, and different degrees of turns at different speeds.

Nothing like taking a 90 degree turn at 35 then noticing the layer of pine needles all over BOTH sides of the road.

When I switched to a safety razor a couple months ago I kept cutting under my chin and under my lip. When I quit being apprehensive and used short deliberate strokes I've been able to put the styptic pencil away now.

• Haha 2

A friend and i rented a nice brick house in the early 80s.  All we had for furniture was a cheap couch and chair set and our beds.  Really didn't need anything else.  Off the kitchen was a dining area with room for a good sized table and chairs. It was the perfect place to strip my 650 Yamaha to the frame and rebuild it.  Loved working in the ac

• Like 4
  • Haha 1