Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks Jimbo.  I talked with Ursula at the NT rescue about two weeks ago and am on her waiting list.  Norwich Terriers have small litters and a great following making them difficult to find.  Jake was a rescue, a former breeding dad, that we got at age 9.  A wonderful dog that we lost too soon.

I have been corresponding with a lady who may retire one of her male breeder dads.  Just this morning I got the news that they think their dog would be happy in our home so I may be making a loooong drive soon.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Great, good for you.  Hope it works out.

Ha!  Funny you should say that.  Was just sitting here watching a women's volleyball game thinking about cranking this system up.  Warming up, suns out, garage door is open so yea I could blow the neighbors up!  Buddies coming over for a t-bone and bringing the beer of which I "might" drink one.  Think I'll wake up those 17 year old "Brood" cicada's they're talking about.  Showing up in May and they say they're 100db loud.  Bwa ha ha...  Yup, It's goin down  Just think we could all be their worst nightmare!  :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I picked up a guy walking down I-10 with a gas can in LA

asked where he needed to go....

needed sub-titles to understand him. Sounded like a cross between French and English, spoken with a Bronx accent

French Canadian  ?  

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It was the perfect place to strip my 650 Yamaha . . . 

I shared a house with several college friends.  It was a great deal, as our landlords rented us a duplex that was not zoned for multiple unrelated adults, the municipality prevented us from moving in, so our landlords rented us their childhood home for the same rent.  It had four bedrooms, a huge yard, pool table, and laundry.  

I rebuilt a Triumph 650 Bonneville in the basement.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Before I got my Harley I had one of those 650's.  Think it was a 4 but can't remember.  Heck I can't remember who bought it but it flew.  

At the time they made a 650 twin like I had and a 750 triple. Mine was a 79 I believe.

• Like 1