Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

47 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

First black chinned hummingbird sighted in my town yesterday.  No ruby throats yet.  Well, looks like one a few miles away.   I think the deep freeze screwed up a lot of blooms and is changing the migration pattern this year, pushing them farther east.  On the bright side, at least a couple of possums have reappeared in the yard after quite an absence.

Hummingbird migration in the Spring and Fall through the United States and Canada, Spring Hummingbird Migration Map, migration patterns, migration times, hummingbird sightings (hummingbirdcentral.com)

how far are you from a large city  --------or are you in a large city

Been kinda busy , for a Sunday. puttering/cleaning. Did see enough of the games to know who won.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

we have resident hummingbirds and summer visitors. The out-of-towners are starting to show up. A pair[?] that come with regularity are here.  The red-wing blackbirds are passing thru.  I expect the swallows will be nesting soon... under the porch roof. The cats go crazy.... and the birds keep coming back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Been kinda busy , for a Sunday. puttering/cleaning. Did see enough of the games to know who won.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

we have resident hummingbirds and summer visitors. The out-of-towners are starting to show up. A pair[?] that come with regularity are here.  The red-wing blackbirds are passing thru.  I expect the swallows will be nesting soon... under the porch roof. The cats go crazy.... and the birds keep coming back.

It was overload for sports yesterday.  2 different USA men's soccer matches, the U-23 team failed to qualify for the Olympics, but the big boys beat Northern Ireland on their home turf, plus frozen four regional finals---3 out of the 4 finalists are from the state of hockey, Minnesota, but the Golden Gophers didn't make it up against Minn St.  NHL games too.   No room or interest for roundball.  This morning still working on the big bag of Lion brand hawaiian original roast...

• Like 2

lot of options.. I watch the GrandSumo and AustrailianSuperTruckRacing. Bobtail semis racing on a course.

---------------------------------

Gonna be a nice day, temp wise. We'll see how the wind is.

Think the neighbor/s may get a "concert" today. Yard work requires music.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Gonna be a nice day, temp wise. We'll see how the wind is.

Think the neighbor/s may get a "concert" today. Yard work requires music.

Oh heck yea, I couldn't cut the grass and listen right now, but if there isn't any traffic folks walking by could hear the boom-box with my well recorded high-bias live Genesis tape from forty years ago!

Cooled down here yesterday with the storms, 11am and upper forties outside, the humidity is down in the 30s so I opened up and turned the fan on. Freakin' monsoonal weather pattern here is getting old after five or six years now:mad: 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, RandyH000 said:

yeah , Comfiest seats----I see you kept the  rear floorobards -----so you can swap seats at will -

nice trail bike ---

The rear floorboards make for a good optional riding position, especially when combined with really low handlebars and a lower windscreen.  That puts the sport in sport touring.

Bought a new PC from Best Buy yesterday.  A Microsoft  Surface Pro.  The demo  in the store had a key pad but  this one  is touch screen.  Yikes!   So I Spent  a few hours learning how to navigate and learning  windows 10.  Fun  right?  So my post will be shorter with more errors! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Bought a new PC from Best Buy yesterday.  A Microsoft  Surface Pro.  The demo  in the store had a key pad but  this one  is touch screen.  Yikes!   So I Spent  a few hours learning how to navigate and learning  windows 10.  Fun  right?  So my post will be shorter with more errors! 

I'm in St Pete currently. Needed to come see one of my last remaining uncles who is on home hospice.   He's been fighting cancer for 15 years.  I hate cancer.  We had a good visit yesterday and while I was there fixed a few things for my aunt.  Tomorrow we head across and up the state to celebrate my oldest brother's birthday.   We're going to surprise him as he doesn't know we're here.  Friday we go back home.  The trip over was 923 miles and we did it in 13 1/2hours.  Traffic and weather actually cooperated for once.  I hope we're as lucky going home.

• Like 5