Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

While browsing another forum, I came across this post:

"This is the LAST ever B-stock version of the $200,000 Hyperspace Supernova Clear 2m!  It's a brand new build but with slight cosmetic flaws, and red wiring for the ground instead of green. Very limited edition, only 3 of this cable has been built! Sold for 100th of retail price! "

Since I'm looking for two cables and there is only one, I guess I'll have to spring for the non-B stock...:pwk_bs:

41 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm in St Pete currently. Needed to come see one of my last remaining uncles who is on home hospice.   He's been fighting cancer for 15 years.  I hate cancer.  We had a good visit yesterday and while I was there fixed a few things for my aunt.  Tomorrow we head across and up the state to celebrate my oldest brother's birthday.   We're going to surprise him as he doesn't know we're here.  Friday we go back home.  The trip over was 923 miles and we did it in 13 1/2hours.  Traffic and weather actually cooperated for once.  I hope we're as lucky going home.

Sounds like a good visit/vacation/family time expedition Carl, I'm sure your help meant a lot to your aunt. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Sounds like a good visit/vacation/family time expedition Carl, I'm sure your help meant a lot to your aunt. 

The battery went dead on her car and ever since then her touch screen quit working.  No nav and more importantly no blue tooth for her phone which she needs in case a caregiver calls her when she's out.  She's had several people try to get it going but couldn't.   She doesn't have time to go to the dealership as she can't be away from home that long.  It took me about a half hour but I got it back up and running.   She was so happy she started to cry.  I fixed a watch and a door while I was there as well.   Little things to me that meant a lot to her.

• Like 7

Damn Carl

923mile in 13.5hrs.... Averaging  ~ 70mph.  At least one fuel stop...

A charged battery fix aunt's car? My limited computer repair flowchart begins with turn it [completely] off and restart it.

------------------------------------------------

We're in for another windy day. Red flag fire warnings. 85`... humidity is normal [low ....10% or so..]. Was chuckling at  @JohnJ's comment about the humidity dropping to 30%.   We don't have to close the potato chip bag... or the soda crackers.. however, raisins turn to sweet little rocks.

watching the NCAA Women on espnu... Baylor and UConn... coming a good /close game  

We had the little girl last night. She wanted to spend the night at Grandpa and Nana's.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Damn Carl

923mile in 13.5hrs.... Averaging  ~ 70mph.  At least one fuel stop...

A charged battery fix aunt's car? My limited computer repair flowchart begins with turn it [completely] off and restart it.

------------------------------------------------

The battery died and she had someone replace it.  Once the vehicle was running the touchscreen wouldn't work.  She's been driving so the battery is good and charged.  I disconnected both battery cables and held them together for 15 or 20 seconds.  That discharges every capacitor in every module that's used for module memory.  After I hooked it back up the touchscreen wouldn't work still but it would make a noise every time I touched it.  I took the key out of the vehicle and let it go through a sleep cycle to reset everything.  After that everything came back on line.  The only other thing I had to do was calibrate the door glasses, pair her phone and set the seat memory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FINALLY! A topic for me! 😁

Two of the most important things for the best cup of coffee:

1) Use GOOD water. Your coffee coming out is only as good as your water going in. Filtered coffee is a good step. Something that still has a little minerals in it is great. Reverse Osmosis water is BEST! Not a fan. But use good bottled water if you can get a hold of anything else.

2) FRESH ROASTED AND FRESH GROUND! Stay away from grocery store coffee. It's mostly likey been sitting on the shelf for months since it's been roster. Explore your local coffee roasters and find something you like. Best recommendation is having a burr grinder and grind EVERY time you want to brew your coffee. The more time your coffee has been 'exposed' to air after it's been ground the more stale it gets. 

Just those 2 steps will GREATLY increase your coffee quality experience.

Lastly, enjoying coffee is like growing a beard. The only ones doing it wrong are the ones telling you you are doing it wrong!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mornin' All

I'm nowhere as scientific as some when it comes to brewing coffee. I do grind my beans fresh and consider them freshly roasted... The roaster is 3 blocks from the house. @Nowhere27  Welocme !!!

Went to see what the "used food store" had yesterday.  They give "cast off" produce away.

Brought some apples and bananas home, along with... kiwiberries, habaneros, mangos, ginger, tumeric, shallots, strawberries, red bell peppers, a jackfruit [never had one -- even after living on Kauai for 8 years] and something I had never heard of... a a kiwano melon.  

Looks like something from outer space.  Orange with fleshy spikes. It's good. Tastes like a cross between cuke and kiwi. Did a little research. Related to cukes. Native to sub-Sahara Africa... Oughta grow here...so, I'm saving some seeds from it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Alright @Nowhere27 I'd be willing to bet that you have your coffee maker spitting good water at 205 degrees over the grinds too!

It's been four minutes, got to go get mine.. love my Bunn.

Welcome to the forums!

We love our Bunn too.  Best coffee maker we've ever owned in regards to consistency, quality of the coffee it produces and reliability. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

curious if your climate will accept those seeds, it just might.

from pics... looks like a cucumber vine. Growing instructions are very similar, too

I think they might make here.

wind???? red flag yesterday... Yeah we had some. 

I define Spring as sunrise to sunset wind, here... Not 30mph, though...

• Like 2