Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I'm a leg/butt man... Never considered one Bunn a complete set.  Sorry... to easy

Ah H@!!, :happy: me too, but I was talkin' coffee pot!

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

We love our Bunn too.  Best coffee maker we've ever owned in regards to consistency, quality of the coffee it produces and reliability. 

I recall that, and your talk of the newer less wasteful RO filtration had me looking at that. Wasn't it you that talked about that Rancilio grinder? When my last little bodum burr died and I looked at how much I'd spent replacing them over twenty years.... got a Rocky... dial it in loose for drip and I love that too! I won't ever have to buy another, heck I'm gonna put it in my will after I get set up and reconfigure my life later this year! That bodum never got static, worked great while it worked but a 24-36 month lifespan isn't very good. Had static when it was cool... plastic hopper I'd think, this last season a bit.

The door can stay open for about twelve hours now longer if I keep the dehumidifier running. Might have to do that anyhow darksky says 99% humidity out there now.

Fresh alkyd always looks good Benny Moore Impervo keeps looking good for years!

PXL-20210331-132038759.jpg

That reflection of the overhead looks splotchy but it is that wet all over, no Penetrol used at all today, I'm slower and it took an hour to pull all those shadow boxes out there's three more on the bottom.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Ah H@!!, :happy: me too, but I was talkin' coffee pot!

I recall that, and your talk of the newer less wasteful RO filtration had me looking at that. Wasn't it you that talked about that Rancilio grinder? When my last little bodum burr died and I looked at how much I'd spent replacing them over twenty years.... got a Rocky... dial it in loose for drip and I love that too! I won't ever have to buy another, heck I'm gonna put it in my will after I get set up and reconfigure my life later this year! That bodum never got static, worked great while it worked but a 24-36 month lifespan isn't very good. Had static when it was cool... plastic hopper I'd think, this last season a bit.

The door can stay open for about twelve hours now longer if I keep the dehumidifier running. Might have to do that anyhow darksky says 99% humidity out there now.

Fresh alkyd always looks good Benny Moore Impervo keeps looking good for years!

PXL-20210331-132038759.jpg

That reflection of the overhead looks splotchy but it is that wet all over, no Penetrol used at all today, I'm slower and it took an hour to pull all those shadow boxes out there's three more on the bottom.

Yes, I talked about the Rocky.  Still have it.  Still grinding away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

ah yes.. coffee and pot...a good morning

Maybe that's what I need to motivate me into finishing up these hallways!  Never thought of that!  Btw, about the only things cd's are good for is listening to as you paint.  Just my opinion though and we all know about opinions and how everyone has one.  :)

• Haha 2

Cassettes will work too, especially the 120s.

Had Fat Man, Bouree, Skating Away the MU best of Tull earlier. Now the waking two hours are over, storm has passed I uncovered the thresholds I'd painted with that dark green after the door. That eight foot slider took a bunch of cardboard.

My mood-music for a rainy morning:

PXL-20210331-153133201.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

No doubt about it!

If you've got a Velocity Brew do you know about the dripper head that makes it take a little longer to complete the brew? Shared that with someone here, it makes a big difference.

I have the A 10.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I have the A 10.

That's a serious coffee maker, mine is the ST directly from them when my STX croaked under warranty.

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

rainy days put me in the mood for ElectricLadyland... except for the "filler" track ... I think they only put one in???

Well then you would love this, just took the trash bin out for tomorrow's pickup and our streetlight has turned into a blacklight. It's one of those brighter than the sun led streetlights put in a couple years ago. It was normal last night, but now I'm out of lemon darnit!

PXL-20210401-012523008.jpg

PXL-20210401-012541429.jpg

Not even half as bright as it was. It's bizarre over here tonight, wish my rig was still set up... I could play something appropriate for the neighborhood

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Ever heard Electriclarryland? Awesome album.....

i was there.... ice t did not perform cop killer but 9inch nails did !

Band Line-up

Details

Date:
August 13, 1991
Venue:
Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC)
  • Like 2

Warm enough to start thinking about "rehydration". 

don't think trying to do it one shot at a time is working... back to cold coffee.

ambition?  not today

Spose I should rummage around and see what dinner might be.  We had deep fried bluegill, sauteed peppers w/onions and fried potatoes last night. Hard to beat that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 3/31/2021 at 7:57 AM, oldtimer said:

Many years ago my wife had a bunch of house plants in her office, at the time she drank regular coke and when the drink got warm she would pour them in the plants. They grew like crazy and always looked great. We didn't know if was the sugar or the caffeine, but they always looked amazing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1