Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks @dtel this place has always looked like a pumpkin to me with the salmon brick and green shutters and door. Newest iteration of shingles is driftwood, so the brown on top looks like the stalk! It took a long time to dry with the deluge half the day so I cranked the heat up to 70 and the dehumidifier on full blast to help out.

• Like 2

Mornin all together ... How´re you today ?

I got in my car yesterday and drove to my sister's house. She lives 300 miles away from me. She lives in another state at a good 30 km2 large lake with the name "Steinhuder Meer".a wonderful landscape.

hejfish-angeln-steinhuder-meer-niedersachen.thumb.jpg.918db06aca1549ef4650484c20fc7420.jpg

I have decided over the Easter holidays to stay with her to relax a few days. My wife and child agreed that I would be away from home for a few days. Today we visited the nearby air base. That was already impressive.

tag-der-bundeswehr-wunstorf-transportflugzeug-Katharina-Kobienia.jpg.212c4ab3cf086105dedfdc6483ba54be.jpg

Unfortunately, we have unusually cold weather at this time of year. But ..no problem if you wear the right clothes...stay tuned ..I´ll keep you update .........

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Today we visited the nearby air base. That was already impress

Airbus A400M-------amazing picture ---the  Luftwaffe  has the biggest fleet   -2x more than France or the UK -

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Mornin all together ... How´re you today ?

I got in my car yesterday and drove to my sister's house. She lives 300 miles away from me. She lives in another state at a good 30 km2 large lake with the name "Steinhuder Meer".a wonderful landscape.

Hey George, doing alright here today, we had a late freeze this am and will tomorrow also. Not a cloud in the sky here today, the first Good Friday at least since 2003 when I moved back that it has not rained here... but our weather has been backwards lately. Taking boxes out of my bedroom and the pc room and cleaning the wood flooring even though they would probably get refinished by any new owner. Maybe trim the shrubs later and tomorrow. Cut the grass at the highest level (outside the guides) 4.5 inches. Hoping the cold killed the weeds overnight! Getting down to the nitty gritty, could be out of here by May. On to a new adventure as Tolkien would state.

• Like 4

Had some running then grabbed a garbage can on wheels and took a walk around the yard.  Had to pickup sticks so filled the can and left two 6' leaners against the tree trunk.  I'll put the grands on the rest of the junk in the morning.  Hit the new butcher shop earlier and snagged some bratwurst and a pound of bacon.  Those two kids eat bacon like there's no tomorrow.  We'll see how that goes.  lol  Brats can go down any time.  :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Had another 900 mile day in the Jeep.  Glad to be back.  Time for a toddy.

Bought a motorcycle out west on ebay, flew out and rode her home. My longest push was from eastern Kansas to home. Left in a lot of light rain and heavy Kansas cross winds to heavy rain through STL, both took a lot more time. Left at 7am and got home at 3am, but at least it wasn't a Jeep. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Avg. 70 mph.  Still a long day.

Something like 13 and a half hours in the seat.

That brings up something.  With the very light traffic on the roads due to COVID-19 shutdowns, in places like Toronto and Vancouver, the cops have been stopping more extreme speeders than usual, like a BMW sedan going over 300 km/hr (186 mph).  There have been quite a few drivers and riders racking up really high speeds, plus some late-night skateboarders took to the Queen Elizabeth Way (the QEW), an expressway that starts in Toronto and leads to Niagara Falls, about an hour and a half away.  They were on the Toronto end, zipping toward and down some off-ramps.

The police actually came on the evening TV news to say that the highways are not racetracks, and should not be treated as such.  It looks like it may have been a brief trend.  Have you seen anything like this on US freeways?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2021 at 4:04 PM, dirtmudd said:

i was there.... ice t did not perform cop killer but 9inch nails did !

Band Line-up

Details

Date:
August 13, 1991
Venue:
Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC)

Spectacular lineup....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Islander said:

That brings up something.  With the very light traffic on the roads due to COVID-19 shutdowns, in places like Toronto and Vancouver, the cops have been stopping more extreme speeders than usual, like a BMW sedan going over 300 km/hr (186 mph).  There have been quite a few drivers and riders racking up really high speeds, plus some late-night skateboarders took to the Queen Elizabeth Way (the QEW), an expressway that starts in Toronto and leads to Niagara Falls, about an hour and a half away.  They were on the Toronto end, zipping toward and down some off-ramps.

The police actually came on the evening TV news to say that the highways are not racetracks, and should not be treated as such.  It looks like it may have been a brief trend.  Have you seen anything like this on US freeways?

No such thing as light traffic in Baton Rouge.  Its always a parking lot. 

13 hours ago, Islander said:

Islander, when I lived in FL in the 90s had to go to Miami. It was `98 I think. The exotics and the 60s and 70s factory domestic hot rods I'd dream of having but in perfect condition left me in the dust like I was going backwards on the expressway way down south. I'm guessing 150+ but you're talking NASCAR speeds there! And believe me I was doing 80-85 mph in the Silverado because it is a toll road and the troopers would pass me at that speed also. It was noticeable, an hour north of the big metro of South Florida speeds of all others just went up 20mph.  And that's not to mention the Rolls with diplomatic tags that just about ran me off of southbound I-95 once. I refused to travel in the breakdown lane for that a$$.

I'd already matured just a little bit in my 30s then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Spectacular lineup....

actuall line up

show opened 

Rollins

Butthole surfers

ice-t / body count  body count blew me away wow !

living colour sucked !

then it got dark out and the atmosphere changed !

9in nails

Woodside & the Banshees

Jane's Addiction Kicked f...in azz !

it was a weird place to be...

it was in August 90 degrees And horrendous humidity...

people or weirdos in white face makeup and black trenchcoats....A young Girl or collage kid in superman underoos and no top...

most damage done at spac

first 6 rows of seats ripped out

by concert goers... for the mosh pit....

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Islander said:

Unfortunately, illegal car racing has also become very fashionable in Germany. Most of them end with terrible accidents or even deadly.

raser1.thumb.jpg.99f89d4aadfcb69c05c8f5d5a9d450ad.jpg

I find these illegal car races irresponsible. Too many uninvolved people have already been killed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Today I went with my sister to see a few sights . It was a beautiful but still very cool spring day. The first blossoms sprout, the trees show their first shallow leaf green. We spent a beautiful day. 

955464894_steinhuderhausamseekleiner.jpg.970e84d9b826c11bac6bb9fc86b6a6f8.jpg

139670552_Steinhuder-Meer-Frhlingsluftkleiner.jpg.69b3cc0b861978582c42bf274c33534e.jpg

hagenburgkleiner.jpg.62384bd3bd5c4c4d6a1b9475655a2f5e.jpg

Steinhuder-Meer-Bootekleiner.jpg.da47b529f446e7579419d068bac7028f.jpg

bootsverleihkleiner.jpg.94568d04c5d9a32bee66b2482d18d1c3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3