Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 4/4/2021 at 7:07 PM, JohnJ said:

That's the only way I can eat it besides vegetable/beef soup. Can't eat them slimy with tomatos like lots of southerners do.🤢

-the best comes from ---------

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

No reason? @dtel must have needed some good food!

I always need good food, but I eat almost everything so to me if it taste good I'm happy. I never got this size for no reason, part of my problem. 

Okra it' ok, breaded and fried is good also but it can get slimy when cooked a long time in something.

I used a box seasoning/breading on the fish, Zatarans,  it's seasoned pretty good. 

fba1987f6a7c30e1b9612e0d845b51cc.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Now I do eat Dates from over there, those trees don't grow here.

Always liked dates, my family always had them around holidays. They slice them almost in half and stuff with a half a pecan and a small piece if marshmallow then dusted with powdered sugar. I could do without the marshmallow and sugar but it's how they made them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Always liked dates, my family always had them around holidays. They slice them almost in half and stuff with a half a pecan and a small piece if marshmallow then dusted with powdered sugar. I could do without the marshmallow and sugar but it's how they made them.

& I understand that, I like the natural sweetness of fruits, nuts and some grains. I mean why add sugar to OJ? Recall folks here talking about stuffing the dates with cheese and baking a little around the holidays and that sounds good! I like slicing very sharp cheeses and putting them between slices of a pear or an apple... let sit in the fridge for a few hours... sweet&salty is very good sometimes. Right now at quarter until seven it's coffee.

Different Strokes...

Eh? ;) @RandyH000

I was hearing Bob & Doug ku ku ko kooo, ku ku koo koooo  when I wrote that because food prep does vary from one region to another.

• Like 4

A Tarheel neighbor [when I was a kid] showed us fried okra.  Only way I can eat it. Apples and cheese? All the time around here.

kid came back after the egg hunt. I have plans for her today.

Plant some tomatoes and maybe a trip to the lake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Need to flush the coffee machine. We have a red blinky. Time to get a box of filters.... Every 6 months..200 in a box.

Watched the NCAA women's final. Arizona put on a good show. Wasn't expecting it to be that close. Was entertaining, at least.

Cleaned the doghouse yesterday. Vacuumed, too. .... Most of what I cleaned up was green. Was a time, I could/would have saved the sweepings...lol Plugged in the A/C and gave it a test run.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

-the best okra comes from Egypt -it's not slimy  --

Ya know last time I was doing some light grocery shopping at my local Walmart I was greeted with the classic “deer in the headlights” look when I asked where I can find their Egyptian okra — 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Luftwaffe had 31 A400M on the 11-13-2019 - at RAF Wunstorf -  31-

3-- A400M were delivered by the 30 th of November 2020,  I just   wondered if the picture you took was actually  of these 3 planes

You´re asking questions  LoL ...no Idea whether these 3 A 400 M were the same you´ve mentioned . You better ask the CIA .  Finally you´ve found out where I´m right now in Germany. My sister lives in the state of "Niedersachsen" and the City is of course ...WUNSTORF , where the air base is located. 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

I always need good food, but I eat almost everything so to me if it taste good I'm happy. I never got this size for no reason, part of my problem. 

Okra it' ok, breaded and fried is good also but it can get slimy when cooked a long time in something.

I used a box seasoning/breading on the fish, Zatarans,  it's seasoned pretty good. 

fba1987f6a7c30e1b9612e0d845b51cc.jpg

your diet consist of  ...

you see food you eat !

• Like 3

7 hours ago, richieb said:

Ya know last time I was doing some light grocery shopping at my local Walmart I was greeted with the classic “deer in the headlights” look when I asked where I can find their Egyptian okra — 

6 hours ago, geezin' said:

Buying food at MalWart??? Ewwwww................

No doubt. I mean what a difference in quality on canned goods like Libby’s, Green Giant, etc. and/or name brand peanut butter, jelly, butter, again, etc. when buying at Walmart. Meat, I would agree. Everyday “pantry” items, ain’t a hill of beans difference. Oh yeah, did I mention beans. 

When your Ford Tarus transmission blows up on the way from Orlando to Boston for Christmas and you're on I-95 in SE NC? We all spent three nights in Fayette-nam at my uncles. There was live artillery fire, plus jets overhead, live bombs dropped for two of those dawns. He did not warn the three of us the first morning:blink:

• Haha 3