Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

When you live near a SAC base.... 

and we get air to air combat training over town... The only reason I can think for "over town" is to give them a point of reference to the border. 12 miles isn't much when you're doing 500mph.  was chuckling about some of the newcomers to town asking about "air quakes".... sonic booms. lol

Well, that men's championship game wasn't near as entertaining as the women's.  I went to bed. before it was over.

Wife has a couple of visits to the ophthalmologist coming up. Her cataract surgery needs a follow up laser treatment. They say it's quite common.An in and out thing. No "recovery" time, except for her eyes will be dilated.

• Like 5

Put the For Sale sign up on the house. Stalled enough.

Wanted to put up a "Make Me Move" but with all the signs supporting violence around my side of town figured that was an invitation that might not be nice.

Hope to have a new place in the middle of a good bit of trees so I can Shake Rattle & Roll again soon!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Wanted to put up a "Make Me Move" but with all the signs supporting violence around my side of town figured that was an invitation that might not be nice.

Hope to have a new place in the middle of a good bit of trees so I can Shake Rattle & Roll again soon!

Good luck with the sale, it's a good time to sell, but a bad time to replace it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Wanted to put up a "Make Me Move" but with all the signs supporting violence

John , good decision , best to go where it is , much safer -

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Where do you live?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Where do you live?

South side of Charlotte. Trying to list at zillow, but they didn't call back like they said they would to verify. Need to get that straightened out, two offers already one lowball, one decent but not quite there. Would do the link but I think that might clash with regulations here. Three more of my bookmarked places sold this past week.

& @Ceptorman is correct about that but I'm looking for half the size. Not tiny but 700 to 900 something square feet. They have gone up more than ten % in the mountainous areas. Tennessee has some tempting places, not sure about that. Since I have to get wheels too, my budget shrank and if I'm going to be two or more hours from a transplant center got to be able to trust the drivetrain.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

...but with all the signs supporting violence around my side of town...

I know what you mean, Trump Pence signs with black spray paint through Pence are all over my area. Scary.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rplace said:

I know what you mean, Trump Pence signs with black spray paint through Pence are all over my area. Scary.

Not quite, those are all long gone!

It's the ones that quote the Reverend Martin Luther King on one sign, sheer hatred... the destruction of life, livelihood and property on another.

No high water here ever, but I'm "Headed for the Hills" anyhow. Beautiful cabins up there, some without 1/4 acre of grass to cut👍

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

That scooter might make a 2hr run....I think distance traveled is the issue, though.

I live 60 miles from a big/ger hospital.  Only an hour drive.

--------------------------------------

We have a patch of lawn on our acre.  Just a patch. House 800 - 900sq.ft.  @JohnJ, like I need to remind you... size up rooms for the stereo. We have 3 rooms that aren't twice as long as deep. One room is 14ft square... unfortunately, it's the kitchen. Another room that's ~10 X 10, and the bathroom - it's 8 X 8... No room for LS in them. Our livingroom is 12 X 25....  I had to put speakers on the long wall.

Still considering making a sub out the the old upright piano. Not getting rid of the wood in the piano. It's near 100yr old. A '29 Packard...if my memory serves me. Moving the sound board might present some challenges...

• Like 4

My 13 X 14 that had the 14 side opened to 19 halfway up was the best so far that I have ever heard any of my systems sound.

Places I've looked at that look decent and under 150k just don't have this kind of space. I'll adjust like I always have, fully horn loaded sound still isn't impossible.

Those old sound boards are heavy!

20.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

My 13 X 14 that had the 14 side opened to 19 halfway up was the best so far that I have ever heard any of my systems sound.

Places I've looked at that look decent and under 150k just don't have this kind of space. I'll adjust like I always have, fully horn loaded sound still isn't impossible.

Those old sound boards are heavy!

20.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

that house is made for a piano

• Like 1

Ok guys, been on my phone so much today that I had trouble talking on the phone today. There is a lull right now! @dirtmudd that's one of my early favorite records! He was great back then!                                                                   

@RandyH000 correctumundo!! There has always been one on the left in that picture until last fall. I noticeably missed hearing it this Christmas, Palm Sunday and Easter! Mom kept this roof over our heads worshipping with her music and directing her choirs simultaneously for God.

• Like 5