Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Son in law, his friend and I had a bourbon and beer session last night on the back patio.   Guess we got a little loud as the police showed up around 11:30.  Otto the rottie greeted them.  I wish I took a picture of their faces as he met them. Lol.  They were cool though.  I guess they didn't know what to expect as there were 3 of them.  Safety in numbers I suppose.

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Son in law, his friend and I had a bourbon and beer session last night on the back patio.   Guess we got a little loud as the police showed up around 11:30.  Otto the rottie greeted them.  I wish I took a picture of their faces as he met them. Lol.  They were cool though.  I guess they didn't know what to expect as there were 3 of them.  Safety in numbers I suppose.

True to the marque - “pissin’ off the neighbors” - 🤟

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So You couldn´t convert them to become Klipsch disciples?

58 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So did they like the bourbon?:)

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Just in case you were thinking about building something from wood, prices are very high. 

A 2" x 12" x 16'  at Home Depot is $77.98. I know that's a big piece of wood but all wood is up. Why I don't know, but a week ago I paid $52 a sheet for a couple of 3/4" sanded plywood and $6.98 for a 2 x 4 studs.

Wouldn't want to build a house right now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Just in case you were thinking about building something from wood, prices are very high. 

A 2" x 12" x 16'  at Home Depot is $77.98. I know that's a big piece of wood but all wood is up. Why I don't know, but a week ago I paid $52 a sheet for a couple of 3/4" sanded plywood and $6.98 for a 2 x 4 studs.

prices of lumber will never go back to what they used to be -

1 hour ago, dtel said:

My younger brother started his new home last October, I built him a safe room in the garage. He let it set over the winter because lumber was going up in price, but in that 5 months, his lumber package increased 65k. Everything is up....except labor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Kids these days, what can you do, not like it's the first time.  :unsure2:

I told my wife I was thinking about notching the speakers every time we got a visit from the men in blue.

Normally I'm pretty responsible with the volume.   Last night I wasn't. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I told my wife I was thinking about notching the speakers every time we got a visit from the men in blue.

Normally I'm pretty responsible with the volume.   Last night I wasn't. 

Just get them to sign the speakers, then invite them next time so they can take care of the visits. 

Maby not, they are not happy when they have to go to the same house more than once.  But it's been a while for you, it's a sign you need to move to the country.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Shiva said:

Hey Honey, bringing in the new speakers for the family room.  You'll love them. 👍

His problem is not that the speakers are to big, but the room is to small.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, dtel said:

In regards to the 2”x12” plank, could it be that trees big enough to cut 12” planks from are getting scarce?  There are lots of trees here in BC (British Columbia), maybe hundreds of millions, but the original huge old-growth trees are not so common anymore, since most of the province has been logged and replanted, so most of the trees are less than two hundred years old, and nowhere near the size of the old forest giants.  Those really tall and thick trees were often a thousand years old.

Protests against logging the last of the old-growth forests are seen on the TV news at least once a month, and the logging trucks on the highways are rarely seen carrying the really big trunks that we used to see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

In regards to the 2”x12” plank, could it be that trees big enough to cut 12” planks from are getting scarce?  There are lots of trees here in BC (British Columbia), maybe hundreds of millions, but the original huge old-growth trees are not so common anymore, since most of the province has been logged and replanted, so most of the trees are less than two hundred years old, and nowhere near the size of the old forest giants.  Those really tall and thick trees were often a thousand years old.

Protests against logging the last of the old-growth forests are seen on the TV news at least once a month, and the logging trucks on the highways are rarely seen carrying the really big trunks that we used to see.

the wood exports from Canada were affordable to the USA consumer up until a few years ago ---

cheap lumber exports were still profitable for Canadian producers    given the USA Dollar  was 1,25  CAN $   , then duties and tariffs were levied , and lumber  businesses were on the brink of bankruptcy as they were selling the lumber at a loss because they absorbed  the tarrifs -  that could only last a while , the prices had to rise sharply , sooner or later  -

---another consequence of the tarrifs , was that lumber production halted to 1/2 , businesses shut down ,  some lost everything , and  the costs to operate wood mills  at half capacity doubled the  production costs   as only 1/2 the revenue could be generated ,  in the end ,   lumber now costs 4x higher -

• Like 2