Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

14 hours ago, Islander said:

Nice car!  I like the 4 headlights.  When I lived in Québec in the Sixties, 4 taillights was a popular mod for Mustangs, often enough that a Mustang with only 2 taillights looked like a stripper econo model.

Did the chin spoiler/splitter improve the top speed at all?

I think it helps reduce the air under the car and deflect it to the sides , Ford TransAm racers -of the late 60's-early 70's had the chin spoiler for Pony racing , it also aided front end stability with downforce  at high speeds -

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Trans-Am Race Car Photograph by Tad Gage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

anyone else have a problem with a car that parks and "unparks" itself -- driverless?.

I am reflecting on my trip to GreenValley yesterday.. I saw a person back out of a diagonal/angled parking space and then turn around to go the wrong direction down a one-way.  This was not a pull through space.  Mind you, a good friend of mine was struck by a car INSIDE Safeway..   Same town.  Retirement community.

................ maybe driverless cars isn't such a bad idea...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

tenor.gif.bcdec22c92a398ad05d376933dbcb8b1.gif

I loved that dude with his 007 type confidence, aura and attitude.

Yep I get to na naa na naa naaaa more that one of my relatives that has been a detractor to my "For Sale By Owner".

I told them they were mistaken to not recognize what is going on here down to the micro-level of my neighborhood with the real estate market. But that is only part of it. Mortgage rates going up, markets starting to convulse towards the wastefulness of this govt. The other thing my time frame due to my tax-bracket and the year end probate assessment report that will be unnecessary now.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yep I get to na naa na naa naaaa more that one of my relatives that has been a detractor to my "For Sale By Owner".

I told them they were mistaken to not recognize what is going on here down to the micro-level of my neighborhood with the real estate market. But that is only part of it. Mortgage rates going up, markets starting to convulse towards the wastefulness of this govt. The other thing my time frame due to my tax-bracket and the year end probate assessment report that will be unnecessary now.   

You can't imagine how expensive it is to buy land and real estate in Germany. A normal 4 head family must finance on average 400.000 € to buy a small plot of land (usually 400 m2) and build a correspondingly small house (usually around 120 m2 living space). For this, these people have to serve the banks for an average of 30 years before the land and the new house are paid.  Many do not manage this at all or have to sell because they can no longer finance. In the end, the banks are the winners on the streets of "Monopoly" .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yep that's what is going on here also. I have recently looked at the mortgage agreement when they bought this place in 10/65 for $16,000.00!

wow ... nearly a half million dollars less than my last house purchase. 

Talking to my late Aunt (who would be 98 now if she hadn't suffered from this condition called death -- at age 93) and she said they'd paid like $8,000 for their house. After she passed away, my cousin bought it and just sold it for over $700,000 ... and the place was only 1200 sf and in, what is now, a bad area. Definitely was the best place in that neighborhood though. 

• Like 3

& there he is!

How's it hangin' Stew?

That is an incredible turn around with the valuation. We're pretty radical with ours but it's not that great. Brother signed, and we are going to net very close to 400k!

The chasm between me and one of my relatives is no laughing matter. He's a retired banking president with forty years of tenure in that position. He could not accept that I do not have money laying around in increments of tens of thousands of dollars. And this man knows me! Not accepting his ridicule I finally had to ask him if he would give me the 3% of the selling price that I had several good realtors I've been using to garner knowledge from that I could call. To me it's akin to going to play the puppies. Right pocket is playing money left pocket is profit. If the right pocket becomes empty..... it's time to go home. My right pocket has been empty for twenty years now, I'm not going to give it away for something that I can handle myself.

• Like 5

glad you got a satisfactory deal.

A normal day ... temp wise. Been warm  enough that 80 feels cool. The 45` AM doesn't help. And it's overcast... no - no rain in the forecast. I don't expect any precip until late June

Rescued a hummingbird from one of my cats. I say "rescued" because after sitting in my hand for a minute, it flew away. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Traveled to Alabama Saturday and back Sunday to get the new pup.  A younger couple traveled from Missouri to meet me in Oxford, Alabama.  Swanky was retired as a stud (kinda like me) by the breeder at 5 y/o.  In the course of two weeks he was neutered, transported 1000 miles, and has met lots of new folks.  He has slept a lot since then and I'm allowing him to decompress at his own pace.  Thought about changing his name to Spanky but Swanky is okay.  Don't know the story behind the name though.

Here is the big boy!

IMG_1164.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

My adult rescue Lab was named Samantha (Sam or Sammy to her friends) and she was used to it, so we kept it even though we had other names picked out. Later found out that all of the pups in the litter were named after characters from "Sex in the City" which did not amuse me. Once I found out that Samantha was the slutty one, I was ok with it. I like that in a woman, and as a breeder, well you know the rest of the story.

• Haha 3