Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, babadono said:

This is your very nice way of saying I'm getting old? Bless yur heart.

Ummmm.  You're the one that said that you were old enough to retire.  Remember????  Oh no, the short term memory is starting to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, babadono said:

Ah... the crux of the biscuit....when am i gonna die?...:)

.."if I ain't dead already your the reason why".....   John Lennon.

I started getting mine as soon as I reached full retirement age. Too many advisors said get it now so you can make use of it. Now that I'm more than four years in, I'm glad we've had it to use.

• Like 3

Just now, JohnJ said:

Never had an Akita but their faces are expressive, and they are beautiful animals, bet they are fun!

Fun? Hmm. Let's just call it an adventure. They require you to run your household like a pack, and you must establish that you are alpha at all times. You don't have to be cruel, just assertive (voice and demeanor are sufficient). Once they understand that, they will be the most loyal friends that you will ever have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Folks down the street have one.. they've offered it to me several times when I commented about that movie I like, Hachi !

It's mostly beige but I'd only want a dog from a pup so it knows me and knows where to go and to ask to go out to "do" it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Traveled to Alabama Saturday and back Sunday to get the new pup.  A younger couple traveled from Missouri to meet me in Oxford, Alabama.  Swanky was retired as a stud (kinda like me) by the breeder at 5 y/o.  In the course of two weeks he was neutered, transported 1000 miles, and has met lots of new folks.  He has slept a lot since then and I'm allowing him to decompress at his own pace.  Thought about changing his name to Spanky but Swanky is okay.  Don't know the story behind the name though.

Here is the big boy!

IMG_1164.jpg

Good luck Chuck with the new to you pup !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Edgar said:

Fun? Hmm. Let's just call it an adventure. They require you to run your household like a pack, and you must establish that you are alpha at all times. You don't have to be cruel, just assertive (voice and demeanor are sufficient). Once they understand that, they will be the most loyal friends that you will ever have.

Thats true with my rotties as well.

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Here is the big boy!

Just seen this, Congratulations, good looking puppy.

9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Swanky was retired as a stud (kinda like me) by the breeder at 5 y/o.

Well that explains why your thin, should have had a side job so you wouldn't almost starve.  :lol:

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

Since I've gotten to around 140, I've started carrying more pocket change so I don't blow over in a breeze... 😉

You and me... I'm lucky if I'm up to 130. Last time I scaled --127lb.... on a 6'1" frame. That is good. I've gained back 10lb from being sick last spring......A lot of the gain is hair.

@BigStewMan

Good to see ya back.  I've been around less, myself. Spring activities. Paying dearly for it now. May be carrying the big stick. My back is  talking to me in four letter words.

• Like 4

Well shit... I was resting until the boy's dog started barking, incessantly

drag my butt out of the bed and look. We have/had a guest. A cow. Came over a 42in fence.  Sorta over. Crushed it down enough to let herself in. Fortunately, the calf stayed on the other side. She wasn't too difficult to herd out....

Not a problem most folks have living in a town... Welcome to Arivaca. We have cows wandering the streets. If you don't want them in your yard, it's the property owner's job to fence them out.... One good thing about the situation... we don't need a permit to put up a fence.

• Like 3

That's funny.😀 To find a cow wandering in your yard. Definitely not the norm around these parts. 

it made me think of this vid landed on the other day. Here, this guy is having a conversation with his Donkey-Steve.  Who may have been doing something he shouldn't have.

it gave me a chuckle. I subscribed to the dude's channel, to give him a little love.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

@BigStewMan

Good to see ya back.

Thanks my friend ... likely won't be a regular again; but may pop in every now and then. 

I'm in a good mood today.  Decided that a move next Spring is a DEFINITE GO.  Picked California's Central Valley.  Little over an hour south of San Francisco. Agricultural area so it will be like living in the country. 

plenty of relatives my age range already living in that area so it will be good to have a bunch of Portuguese women to cook me some good meals. Just making that decision feels like a burden lifted off of me. My brother is onboard with that decision so that is another relief. Making yourself happy and trying to make someone else happy can be a challenge, especially since we're polar opposites. But, since his disability doesn't give him enough to live alone on ... I think he's with me for the duration ... and that's okay too. glad to help.

• Like 4