Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

one thing I really wonder about on this Naked and Afraid... where were the BorderPatrol? I bet they did a lot of editting. I can't imagine the helicopter/s didn't buzz them more than once.... not to mention the smoke from the fire. I saw smoke from that direction when they were doing the thing and asking if the contestants didn't build a bigger than intentioned fire?  In one shot I saw an awful lot of smoke for a campfire...

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, babadono said:

Happy to be back at work so I can rest.:emotion-44:

Well what you do on the weekend is a little more physical than your job so it makes sense. Looking at your yard most of that is enough to kill an average person, or make them feel dead anyway.

• Like 5

Geeze, fought with winten for a long time today. Totally deleted then reinstalled my hp printer. Got that to work again then it would not scan what I printed and signed! Got that working and knocked my k810 keyboard off the desk... now it's toast. I would have crawled back into bed except I'm not tired. What a day, at least I didn't have to get any walls built!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Well what you do on the weekend is a little more physical than your job so it makes sense. Looking at your yard most of that is enough to kill an average person, or make them feel dead anyway.

must keep him in great shape --stone work , is tough work-

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Frustration nation, what's your station?

Makes me feel like some kind of crustacean...

That's what it's felt like for a couple hours. Made some late lunch and I'll be alright till amazon gets a new one here Wed.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 5:57 PM, oldtimer said:

Yeah.  You're such a bad boy...lol.  Guess what?  Aunt Jemima pancake mix isn't going anywhere.  Just the picture on the box has changed.

Original | AuntJemima.com

"Soon to be known as..."  The product will be the same, but that bothers you...

Please note that on the link at the top you can click and tell them what you think, because I don't care---tell them, not me.

If you want a better box mix, try Krusteaz, it ain't cha mamma, but tastes much better.  LOL

• Like 4

• Moderators
7 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

must keep him in great shape --stone work , is tough work-

Yes it is, along with just about any other kind of work after a certain age. :huh:

He is not fat, must be all the hard work ?

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Three hours of yard work (pruning, bagging, blowing) and then some vodkas with soda and lime.  Can't imagine building a wall.  Save that for you young fellas.

I can go "almost" all day, but it's surely not at the speed of just 10-20 years ago, so I just settle for slow and steady. It's all I have now, and it's hard. :blush2:  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

nothing new about that type of trap. He just made a commercial product of it. They do work

------------------------

I did go to the lake for a couple of hours yesterday. Caught a few fish. Nothing to bring home. I need my boat to get to the 'gills.  Lake is quite low and I was able to walk the "beach". Not having to bushwhack is nice.  Just not roll my ankle on the loose rock.... I hiked about a mile. Fishing along the way.. and back.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

nothing new about that type of trap. He just made a commercial product of it. They do work

Well, this trap was designed and made by one of his viewers.  I've seen hundreds of traps tested over the years for my amusement, some have the teeter totter mechanism, but none built into a lid for any old 5 gallon bucket, exactly like this one.  Quite effective and mesmerizing in its efficiency.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Three hours of yard work (pruning, bagging, blowing) and then some vodkas with soda and lime.  Can't imagine building a wall.  Save that for you young fellas.

three hours of pounding drinks ad cranking the tunes while thinking about you guys working.  whew. life is tough sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4