Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Made some sweet rolls this AM.

Fudged the bread recipe by adding a lot of extra butter and more sugar. The dough was weeping butter when I had the rolls rising.  Didn't have to flour or oil things when I was working it..

no, I did NOT put ketchup in/on them

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Back home, I know I didn't say we were leaving last week, that gets old, who cares anyway.

But really glad to be back home.

And glad to see no one got crazy or crazier than normal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Get a box of disposable gloves.  I use those when I work with hot peppers.

Smart.

Remember a few years ago people here were swapping seeds, I picked about 20 peppers removed the seeds with no gloves. I couldn't feel my fingertips for a week and the first couple days they stung. It was a stupid thing to do, never again.

• Like 4

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Best  take a rest ---because going out again --

Your right, about 4 weeks from now. But no time to rest, 2 shop roll up doors are being delivered tomorrow and I am excited. They have been ordered for over 4 weeks now and once up I will be able to lock the shop. This means I can move all the tools into their new house. I started to move some things then realized the doors wouldn't be in until we got back so I had to move some stuff back into the old tiny workshop so they could be locked up. 

I had been waiting before moving all the more expensive/bigger tools in since we had to leave for 5 days. Can't afford to replace them.

I did get to make a bench for the compound miter saw with some shelves underneath to hold some things, the bigger tools will go on the opposite wall. 

image.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

I had been waiting before moving all the more expensive/bigger tools in since we had to leave for 5 days. Can't afford to replace them.

I always put a vehicle  in front , and back of the main tool shed  doors -dont look like much , but it helps-

I like the primer paint on the steel trusts --the brown stuff is the best ---great looking slab you got there -----well done---that garage is pretty tall, you'll be able to roll in a  big truck  box or a trailer , no problem -

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I always put a vehicle  in front , and back of the main tool shed  doors -dont look like much , but it helps-

That's what my wife said but I thought I'd just wait. But your right, the plainer or the joiner are about450 pounds each so you would almost need equipment to move it and if you blocked the door you probably couldn't get it out. But the drill press, grinder or bandsaw could be carried by two people, or all the other tools that could walk out easily. 

But if they wanted to break in bad enough nothing would stop them, they could just unscrew the metal on the side..........with the cordless drills they could pick up inside. :lol: 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Your right, about 4 weeks from now. But no time to rest, 2 shop roll up doors are being delivered tomorrow and I am excited. They have been ordered for over 4 weeks now and once up I will be able to lock the shop. This means I can move all the tools into their new house. I started to move some things then realized the doors wouldn't be in until we got back so I had to move some stuff back into the old tiny workshop so they could be locked up. 

I did get to make a bench for the compound miter saw with some shelves underneath to hold some things, the bigger tools will go on the opposite wall. 

image.jpeg

Looks fantastic.

• Like 4

On my first cup now and plan on drinking another. It is a commercial type, Folgers and your coffee sounds nice. The Keurig is alright but brewing one cup at a time would keep 2 drinkers here a little busier. On our 3rd Mr. Coffee maker here in as many years. We are looking ourselves to a more fufilling experience, and interested to see what the others have said and are about to say.

Thanks

•  
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Looks fantastic.

Thanks but things will probably  get rearranged many times before they end up where they will stay. Trying to make it organized to use without being cluttered up, trying anyway. 

I have a bunch of I beams so I plan to build a second level in the back 8'-9' high and wall to wall on the sides and 8' from the back wall, for a wood rack and storage to keep things from clogging up the floor space. Well I'm  going to try to not mess up the workspace anyway. It will not be tall enough to walk on but stuff that does not get used regularly can be put up there.

Have a long way to go.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JeremyRooks said:

On my first cup now and plan on drinking another. It is a commercial type, Folgers and your coffee sounds nice. The Keurig is alright but brewing one cup at a time would keep 2 drinkers here a little busier. On our 3rd Mr. Coffee maker here in as many years. We are looking ourselves to a more fufilling experience, and interested to see what the others have said and are about to say.

Thanks

•  

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 3