Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

15 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

hang in there ---are you closer to getting  done ?

Block work has basically been suspended...this time of year is all about weed abatement and planting. Also will be fencing property here coming right up.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dtel said:

I did get to make a bench for the compound miter saw with some shelves underneath to hold some things, the bigger tools will go on the opposite wall. 

You were AWOL young soldier!  😂  Looking great out there and the doors will finish it up.  Fill that fridge w/the essentials, kick back and relax.  Recliner picked out yet?   :)

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, babadono said:

Block work has basically been suspended...this time of year is all about weed abatement and planting. Also will be fencing property here coming right up.

I get worn out just reading your to do list.😀 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@dtel wow that's a shiny square on the wall.

Mine is from the 80s, sure it said stainless on it somewhere when I got it. One of the things I pulled out of the storage room last week and it might be time to hit it with steel wool again, did it once before and I could read the ruler on it again for years!

PXL-20210426-170619466.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, babadono said:

this time of year is all about weed abatement and planting.

Yes it is, here seems to be like a rainforest, weeds go crazy if you don't stay ahead of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

You were AWOL young soldier!  😂  Looking great out there and the doors will finish it up.  Fill that fridge w/the essentials, kick back and relax.  Recliner picked out yet?   :)

AWOL I get that way sometimes.

Yes the door will go a long way because everything can be moved in then. (still waiting on the truck)

That fridge might get used a different way. I really don't drink beer anymore so it might get used as a paint locker and cordless battery holder in the winter. I found out a few months ago your not supposed to let cordless batteries freeze, it can drastically shorten there life, I had no idea. And I do alot of painting so I can store paint in it also. We got a new fridge months ago and I held on to the old one because it works, it even makes ice, so who knows it may get plugged in one day for water or whatever in the summer and paint and batteries in the winter ?

I tend to be not sure of much.   Edit; well I was sure there was going to be speakers out there, positively. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Mine is from the 80s, sure it said stainless on it somewhere when I got it. One of the things I pulled out of the storage room last week and it might be time to hit it with steel wool again, did it once before and I could read the ruler on it again for years!

Mine looked exactly like yours, before I cleaned it, but I don't remember if I used steal wool or a light wire wheel. Knowing me probably a wire wheel, it was powered.

Your tile is square. :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

PXL-20210426-170619466.jpg

I had one of those for years before I learned out how to true it.  Now I check it every time prior to using it.

• Like 3

And this one isn't probably square anymore at all. Been since the 90s that I had a co-worker that trued it for me. It's been that long since I used it daily, but it does fall in the category of "Waste Not, Want Not" for me. The fixer-upper I was hoping to get sold last week I guess. It has the wiring in it but needed finishing 900 something sq feet.

I cant actively shop until I get the $, but this one was bookmarked.

gone.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

And this one isn't probably square anymore at all. Been since the 90s that I had a co-worker that trued it for me. It's been that long since I used it daily, but it does fall in the category of "Waste Not, Want Not" for me. The fixer-upper I was hoping to get sold last week I guess. It has the wiring in it but needed finishing 900 something sq feet.

gone.jpg

that should be your number 1 pick

• Like 2

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I like the way that looks, I could sit on that back porch and look out all day. Plus the neighbors are nice, maby a bear walk by sometimes ? Just don't get loaded and fall off the back porch.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

gone.jpg

--Fantastic floor plan ,,   you  could seal off the back porch very easily , and make an extra room in the house  , for 3 seasons or 4 if it's insulated  -  that  can be an extra 200 to 300 square feet  of living space depending on the length of the cabin --all you gotta do is move the windows further out --

• Like 3

I hear you @dtel And the inside is ready to be made into whatever the buyer wanted. If they hadn't taken down the other pics you would have seen why @129k it was #1 for months. there are a lot up there similar but the acre helped that one out.

New dream one is way over my budget but you'll see an almost luxury cabin here:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/764-Konnarock-Rd_Damascus_VA_24236_M93399-05921

It's got grass to cut but not a lot like here.

@dirtmudd Someone with one of those everything northern is better attitudes might have to worry about that. Besides the way I understand it some types get chased out like they did long, long ago in certain areas. I disagree with that hatred, and if I've got a couple acres I could play my Pterodactyl (Club) tape and not worry.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

you  could seal off the back porch very easily , and make an extra room in the house  , for 3 seasons or 4 if it's insulated  -  that  can be an extra 200 to 300 square feet  of living space depending on the lenght of the cabin --all you gotta do is move the windows further out --

Naaa... a porch is a nice thing to have if your an old rocknroll curmudgeon like I am.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Naaa... a porch is a nice thing to have if your an old rocknroll curmudgeon like I am.

beautiful porch  , by the way , bet you the view out must be something else

• Like 3

That darned dog had a unique outlook!

* & it's been since the 90s that I could see the Milky Way in my peripheral vision without even having to search for it! 

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1