Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' All

Hope y'all are enjoying the weather you're having...  I know there's a few of you west of me - this doesn't apply....We got a ripple in out temps. A 30` ripple. It will make 60 today. Not much more than that.  Then Sat or Sun, 100` is predicted for Tucson. There is an interesting coincidence. The record high for that day is 100`, set last year...

I'm paying for digging up a graythorn, yesterday.  Should have gone into that project clothed, head to toe, in leather. These are some of the most pokey bushes I have ever seen. Every growing end is tipped with a hard point. Everything that has died backed, results in a harder point. It grows as a bush...took me 20 mins with lopping shears to get to the stump.

graythorn2t.jpg

Then the pick, bar and shovel...

they do make an edible fruit. It's very small and is mostly seed... but, quite tasty. If you dare go after it. Another endearing quality.When it blooms, it draws flies and wasps.

Kinda limited as to what I can do. Hands are torn up and my back is telling me stories, plus the cold weather... Is it time for cocktails?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, JohnJ said:

And this one isn't probably square anymore at all. Been since the 90s that I had a co-worker that trued it for me. It's been that long since I used it daily, but it does fall in the category of "Waste Not, Want Not" for me. The fixer-upper I was hoping to get sold last week I guess. It has the wiring in it but needed finishing 900 something sq feet.

I cant actively shop until I get the $, but this one was bookmarked.

gone.jpg

So the house will stretch and the forest will tremble when you sit in the living room with your Forte III and SVS subs and listen to Rush at 100 dB.

johnjhouse.thumb.jpg.0c736f86044bbdb0e80ae6491bcdd730.jpg

• Haha 7

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

So the house will stretch and the forest will tremble when you sit in the living room with your Forte III and SVS subs and listen to Rush at 100 dB.

Bear and neighbor repellent, sounds like a plan.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

With the drop a hundred feet or so to the street below... it's better that it sold already. It could just slide down the almost a cliff sixty degree incline.

Planning Scheming for:

1. a new ride 

2. new digs 

3. Klipsch Fully Horn Loaded sound in the next year!

That's why the house has to be below a certain price tag!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

With the drop a hundred feet or so to the street below... it's better that it sold already. It could just slide down the almost a cliff sixty degree incline.

Planning Scheming for:

1. a new ride 

2. new digs 

3. Klipsch Fully Horn Loaded sound in the next year!

1 >  your new ride

mercedes-280-se-3kleiner.thumb.jpg.749bd1201c5f6eb498fb3a0e92f4974c.jpg

2 > your new dig

luxushaus_02.thumb.jpg.09ef8c3795d5d08dc56217ad93536491.jpg

3 > your new fully horn loaded speaker

jubileekleiner.thumb.jpg.5d7aea539f5bff6ff1e9737c0347505f.jpg

• Haha 4

• Moderators

Well the doors are here, now to just get them up. They took over a month to get here once ordered but that part is over now and time to get them into place.  This should be great fun.  :unsure2:

image.jpeg

• Like 4

And it looks like the weather will cooperate with you for the next couple of days Elden!

Remember when the weatherman used to come on around 5:15 right before the sportscaster? They would tell you what's happening, when it would probably change and include the how and why with their marker drawing the Highs and Lows across the continent. Usually they would be done in four minutes or less!

Don't know if you have this one bookmarked or not but it's simple and effective like the above used to be.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/NationalForecastChart/map.php#

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I'd sure like to be in that tax bracket though.

People who can afford this luxury naturally have the best opportunities to pay as little taxes as possible, or even no taxes at all. In contrast, the average household in Germany has to pay more than half (52.1 percent) of its income to the state in taxes and social security contributions. Of every euro earned, only 47.9 cents remain.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

@dtel What is that peg board made out of?  I had some of the fiber stuff for a while and the humidity around here really got to it

I could mostly only find 2 kinds but both were fiber, one with a different coating on the outside. I thought this will do until I can figure out what else can be done. 

There was one other pegboard made out of metal but not in any size I could use. They were not tall enough to have anything to fasten to and like 18"' wide and many times the cost. I would have to make a frame to hold it and have many of them put together to get any kind of coverage. I thought of painting the back of those but it's still fiber.

later I'm going to look for something to replace it but with standard pegs since I have way more of those than I could use and they are very heavy, not the little light ones.  I was really surprised I couldn't find a better pegboard. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

And it looks like the weather will cooperate with you for the next couple of days Elden!

I might have figured a way to put them up, just have to be careful not to mess up the door. 

Yes the weather is good for a couple of days, we have set records for rain this spring we need to dry out a little. The coming heat will help with that also.

• Like 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Doors look great!  Nice to see you're back rolling your own!  😂  😎

Never stopped, but this is MUCH larger than even Cheech and Chong did and would be terribly hard to light.

• Haha 2