Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 5/4/2021 at 7:09 AM, Tarheel said:

I gave Swanky some light reading but he's holding out for a Lassie or Rin Tin Tin book.

IMG_1285(2).jpg

He might like Tin Tin and Snowy, but they will probably be taken off the market as inappropriate. All three of my kids learned to read with most of the Tin Tin comics in the house.

tin-tin_and_snowy.jpg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

What's up Chuckie?

Not much happening here....life in the slow lane.  Getting Swanky acclimated to his new digs.  Funny when LF and I are in different parts of the house he lays down some where in the middle.  Just realized I haven't had music going since he got here. 

How are things in your neck of the woods? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Not much happening here....life in the slow lane.  Getting Swanky acclimated to his new digs.  Funny when LF and I are in different parts of the house he lays down some where in the middle.  Just realized I haven't had music going since he got here. 

How are things in your neck of the woods? 

Plodding along.  Made it to under 2 years till I retire, that's if I go out on my terms.  Still finding and grabbing the occasional hard to find bottle of bourbon.  I've made a conscious effort to stop buying bottles but it's hard to break the habit.  I've got about a 5 year supply at the house now, LOL.  I tell my wife that it's for when I retire and my disposable income is gone.  Other than that it's status quo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Feel a little like a stranger... haven't been around much. Nothing exciting. just been busy working in the yard/garden.  I pruned some of the mesquites yesterday. You can really see any difference, except the brush pile grew substantially.

part of what make maintenance tough.  Nobody notices that everything is the way it is supposed to be.... but, you will hear about something wrong.

think I lost 2 pomegranate bushes over the winter. They aren't showing signs of life

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Made it to under 2 years till I retire

Awesome when you can say I'm done. ..

I signed the paper work to pull my pension starting June 30th.

I will continue working full time for the next 7 years gathering my normal paycheck along with with pension check.

Time to adjust living only off the pension payout 🍻

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

Awesome when you can say I'm done. ..

I signed the paper work to pull my pension starting June 30th.

I will continue working full time for the next 7 years gathering my normal paycheck along with with pension check.

Time to adjust living only off the pension payout 🍻

Congrats! 

Pension?   That word is foreign to me.  Lol.  I have a self funded 401k.  Thats about it.

• Like 3

are pensions even offered any more? None of the jobs I ever had gave one... kinda figures ... considering I barely made blue collar.

Had a lady friend drop in yesterday.  It was a little awkward.  We haven't seen each other for several [7 or 8] years. You know how that works... the phone call asking if the number still belongs to...and is the other person still "around"...  We had a nice visit.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Had a lady friend drop in yesterday.  It was a little awkward.  We haven't seen each other for several [7 or 8] years. You know how that works... the phone call asking if the number still belongs to...and is the other person still "around"...  We had a nice visit.

:o That sounds scary,  scary as in you know there's going to be a big problem and your going to be cause of it no matter what you do or say. Your  brave.

• Haha 2