Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I told my wife, before we married, that most of my friends are women. Don't know what the neighbor thinks of the gal that comes over ... in her bath robe.

--------------------------------------------------------

since it was brought up....

BBQ

What fuel do you prefer?

Briquettes, lump, wood burned down to coal

or gas???

Me? I like lump mesquite charcoal.  Have to be mindful of how hot it gets.  Good stuff. When I was on Kauai, I kept hearing of this magical BBQ wood...kiewe.  Come to find out ....... kiewe is mesquite

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

since it was brought up....

BBQ

What fuel do you prefer?

Briquettes, lump, wood burned down to coal

or gas???

Wood on it's way to being coals.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

are pensions even offered any more? None of the jobs I ever had gave one... kinda figures ... considering I barely made blue collar.

Had a lady friend drop in yesterday.  It was a little awkward.  We haven't seen each other for several [7 or 8] years. You know how that works... the phone call asking if the number still belongs to...and is the other person still "around"...  We had a nice visit.

I hope you took her phone number this time around ,and you'll stay in contact -

• Like 4

• Moderators

Boiled 3 sacks of crawfish, son in law putting some out. Everyone ate and there is about 25 pounds in the fridge, tomorrow were going to make some potato salad with some crawfish and a small amount of the water they were boiled in just for flavoring. Added some sausage and mushroom's, (my favorite) and some potatoes, garlic and a bunch of other stuff, the potatoes will make the potato salad.    

yard-1.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2021 at 5:52 PM, CECAA850 said:

That's great wood for bbq.

And if you've never tried mesquite with some big thick juicy Salmon, I'd say try it.

Yea my opinions aren't shared by all here but the singed exterior and the smoky flakey insides are great with asparagus and some yeast rolls...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Boiled 3 sacks of crawfish, son in law putting some out. Everyone ate and there is about 25 pounds in the fridge, tomorrow were going to make some potato salad with some crawfish and a small amount of the water they were boiled in just for flavoring. Added some sausage and mushroom's, (my favorite) and some potatoes, garlic and a bunch of other stuff, the potatoes will make the potato salad.    

yard-1.jpg

Looks like you're doing you're signature justice.

Even without the sides after a couple lbs I'd be good to go for the rest of the evening!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

happy mudders day for all you mudders.. 

And happy Mothers Day to all the Moms 

Bet the mudders outnumber the Mothers by a wide margin on this forum!!!

Happy Mothers Day if it applies!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This weeks been tough. On several fronts and then one serious ^up of mine.

We finally kept our promise to mom and interred her with her clan. Beautiful windy day yesterday here in the (real) ACC territory. A real gem that came out of yesterday was my brother turning his spoken epitaph into a R&R moment. He quoted a couple passages from Ecclesiastes that were clearly the basis for one of The Byrds greatest hits. Ten months plus a day on VE day and Mothers Day weekend!

& have you ever worked hard on something that after six or seven hours you are mentally exhausted and frustrated... but relieved you've got it figured out? A preliminary final accounting was a pain to get it done right. Carried it downtown and turned it in, when we got back here I realized that even though I refilled the ink in the printer last week I didn't make a copy of my hard work. AAARRRGGGHHH!

Gotta do it from scratch again, and it has to match my previous work `cause it's a legal document that I'm liable for.

O*%((&^%(&

Y'all have a good day/week, got to cut the deep grass first then I'll make second coffee and tear into it again!

• Like 2

Nothing exciting goin; here.

The boy is on his way to Montana... the people he works for have a dude ranch up there... He'll be gone for the summer.  Hope he has enough warm clothing... I see snow in the forecast for the drive up there.

I expect he can see snow any ol' time up there. Last time I was in MT, it snowed... and it was the end of April.... and when I was in CO, Idaho Springs - 50 miles west of Denver and 2000 or 3000ft higher, it snowed in August....

Yeah... I got the keys to the Harley.... it will get run while he's gone. He didn't seem too keen on that. Too bad...It will NEED to be run during the 4mo he will be gone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

happy mudders day for all you mudders.. 

And happy Mothers Day to all the Moms 

Last night my wife told me happy mudders day, she was not really kidding. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Last night my wife told me happy mudders day, she was not really kidding. :lol: 

Saw her posting yesterday. She hasn't been on much lately.

I have a feeling you weren't the only forum member she referred to as a mudder!

Tell her Happy Mothers Day!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Even without the sides after a couple lbs I'd be good to go for the rest of the evening!

Well I had alot more than a couple pounds. Have about 25 pounds in the fridge, for now anyway.

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Ditto to that.  Man that's a lot of crawfish! 

Can't have to many, it was about 95 pounds total 3 boils, 0 will get wasted.  

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Yeah... I got the keys to the Harley.... it will get run while he's gone. He didn't seem too keen on that. Too bad...It will NEED to be run during the 4mo he will be gone.

Rule #1, do not let a Sarong get hung up in the spokes when riding. :lol:

Rule #2 don't let the wind lift the front open as your riding, this one is for others sake, they will appreciate it. Well except for maby old lady friends. :emotion-21:

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, dtel said:

Fabulous  Dinner, ---in Greece , they drink  Ouzo with  crawfish  , 

• Like 3

On 5/8/2021 at 5:54 AM, grasshopper said:

are pensions even offered any more? None of the jobs I ever had gave one... kinda figures ... considering I barely made blue collar.

Had a lady friend drop in yesterday.  It was a little awkward.  We haven't seen each other for several [7 or 8] years. You know how that works... the phone call asking if the number still belongs to...and is the other person still "around"...  We had a nice visit.

A little awkward is pretty good.  Years ago, I made contact with a high school girlfriend after about thirty years.  We met for dinner at a restaurant and it was like sitting across the table from a complete stranger.  There was almost nothing about her that I remembered.  We did have a good chat, and she told me about her husband and two teenaged sons, and I was happy for her, since I certainly had no feelings towards her.

She invited me to a barbecue at her place a week or two later, and I met her husband and sons.  Everyone was quite friendly, possibly more than I would have been if my wife’s high school boyfriend showed up out of nowhere.  Anyway, I haven’t seen her since, which probably is for the best.

Sometimes I’m reminded of the George Strait song that goes,

“All my exes live in Texas, and that’s why I hang my hat in Tennessee... “.  

I left more than just memories back in Toronto...

EDIT:  I heard Willie Nelson sing that song, but it turns out that it’s a George Strait song.  Still rings true, though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

Fabulous  Dinner, ---in Greece , they drink  Ouzo with  crawfish  , 

In Greece, don’t they drink ouzo with everything?  Or am I thinking of Russians and vodka?  Or Irishmen, Scotsmen, Englishmen, and beer? Okay, I guess that’s enough national stereotypes for one post.

• Like 3