Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Plenty of gas here yet big oil raised the prices by .30 a gallon.  We're not even associated w/that pipeline.  Guess it is what it is.  😂

I just read that the pipeline company paid the cyber hackers ransom to get back on line.  It was between 4 and 5 million dollars.  What a horrible precedent.  I see that as emboldening them and this happening more frequently.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Sucks to be you eating like that all the time!  I couldn't handle it.  😂

I am lucky, I have an iron stomach, nothing bothers it.

Justin Wilson had some funny stories.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I just read that the pipeline company paid the cyber hackers ransom to get back on line.  It was between 4 and 5 million dollars.  What a horrible precedent.  I see that as emboldening them and this happening more frequently.

That is SCARY!

We've got a nuclear power station thirty miles north of here at the river north of town.

Why can't the govt follow it's d*mn job description?

& some great guests with him too @dtel

* Just saw that pic of your etouffee on the last page, looks like it is roux based. Haven't done that is so long I'd have to use "the book" for making it right!

Edited by JohnJ
* roux
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I knew this was a problem when WikiLeaks had so much influence back in 2015/2016. I then learned how Russia was orchestrating so much that went on in our Social Media and in turn all media...Everything from their weaponized propaganda using bots and algorithms to spread misinformation on the internet, while intriguing main stream media with stolen/hacked information to skew opinion.   

1 hour ago, babadono said:

I say we(the US of A) launch some cyber attacks of our own. A few well placed smart bombs would also probably cure this problem. And yes they(the NSA et al) DO KNOW where this is coming from.

I second the motion.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I think this hack and the one last year[?] are related...

Aren't these things on a stand alone "internet", not on the web????

Apparently not:)

Only way to make it fool proof is get rid of the fools------see my post above about smart bombs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I just read that the pipeline company paid the cyber hackers ransom to get back on line.  It was between 4 and 5 million dollars.

-any payments to these hackers cannot be traced  - it's either you pay or they shut you down -

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Why can't the govt follow it's d*mn job description?

Is the gov't responsible for private company's negligence?

Or put it this way---Does the gov't run that pipeline?

Enquiring minds should want to know.

(don't take it out on me---asking for a friend)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I have an inkling that it has been already precedented, and is why it is happening more frequently.

7 hours ago, babadono said:

I say we(the US of A) launch some cyber attacks of our own. A few well placed smart bombs would also probably cure this problem. And yes they(the NSA et al) DO KNOW where this is coming from.

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I second the motion.

You boys are dreamin’. We need to play nice, cause no provocation. I think a stern talkin’ to will get the message across - you know, like grandpa used to do - 

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

You boys are dreamin’. We need to play nice, cause no provocation. I think a stern talkin’ to will get the message across - you know, like grandpa used to do - 

I disagree, but it beats the last response.  After all, I don't know why it would be...

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Pay them to keep damage to the economy small then find them and remove them. The precedent set would then be yes they got the money and no they did not get to spend it. Consider it a cheap lesson and make sure the resistance to cyber attack is beefed up.

reminds me of a joke ....

---------------------------------------------------------

A while back a hummingbird built a nest on a string of Xmas lights, a couple feet from a swallows nesting site....was wondering how this might work. Hummingbirds are not very social, to say the least.... The hummingbird abandoned the nest when the swallows came back. i think it is still around. The passed few day, one has come up to the windows and in the door...The cats go crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, CECAA850 said:

I know a couple of folks who have paid. What they do to your system can't be undone... meaning you pay them to unlock it or kiss all the data goodbye.

• Like 1