Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Today is national BBQ day, got some ribs going. 

And the sky is leaking here...SOB..I'll have to celebrate it another day.

Did my tankless water heater annual maintenance today. First time without surprise leaks. I am ecstatic:biggrin2:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@Tarheel are you seeing the gas without the ethanol at pumps over there? Seen those for several months here. 

Wonder what that means for corn futures:wink:

Sorry I missed that.  Really didn't look past the 93 octane.  Not sure about ethanol. Going to try the fuel injector cleaner again in the fall.  Bought a case of Techron from Amazon.

• Like 2

I saw the extra pump last at a QT near here this week.

A case of Techron? Dude give some away as BBQ party favors! 

You'll never need that much for any of your super-clean automobiles.

Moderation, even if you buy gas from places where upkeep of their facilities is in serious question. Too much is BAD for the fuel system. Just like too much fertilizer on your lawn kills the grass.

• Like 3

@JohnJ

ethanol mix is what they call winter blend down here.

Sub-normal temps for a few days this week. Quite OK... normal is in the mid 90's We'll take low 80's... whether it's OK or not.  Oh... it's 45` right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------

psyching up for a trip to the lake... with boat. Think I've figured out how to get the boat in the truck w/o removing the tool box first. Tying it down was the bugger...There's a short 5th wheel hitch to get around, too. Gonna try to tie onto the ball of the hitch. It's a 12ft boat and will be 4ft passed the end of the tailgate. Not like I have to take it down the interstate. I prefer to cartop the boat.Ain't got the arse to load it any more.  I have a trick way to load it, never have to lift the whole boat at any time. Still to wuss to do it. Getting old does have its disadvantages at times.

• Like 4

Gasoline used to irritate my hands-wrists-arms fiercely if I got it on me. That or bleach. The gas for the last decade or so I've got on my skin and actually forgotten to wash it off until later!

• Like 4

... a successful outing.... after I repaired the boat. One of the benches came loose.

brought home a mess of bluegill. Big ones. I could barely hold most of them with one hand. 9 - 10 in+. Make more than a potato chip size fillet.

Caught so many, I was letting them go.... more a case of how many I want to clean... as it is, I brought home 20.  I'd be guessing... but, I wager they were in the half to 3/4 pound [ea] range. Nice ones...

good thing I caught... we just ate the last of what we had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Just approved a first post, it's a guy looking to sell his Khorns.

Just North of Miami is someone is interested, I would think they won't last long at $1800 and nice looking Oak.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

had a liquid candy in a bottle..

for the first time in years ...

9213159849056676941.jpg

now I'm a full fledged member of c,c,c,&c...

had the cables , coffee , cycles , down !

and made the final check mark on the 

cocktails...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1