Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

11 hours ago, dtel said:

The problem with Houston is the speed everyone is going,  you better get in the turning lane you want way before or you will not get in.

I ran into that in Atlanta. Missed the turn off for the "by pass".... went straight thru. I was solo, no gps...Glad I was driving a MustangGT. About got aced out of the lane I needed, again... I dumped it into 4th. Don't know how fast that is good for, but, I used it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

It's been years since we did anything but drive past Houston but last time we had to make an extra loop or get off another exit, can't remember except it was not worth dying for to make our exit.

Last time we were going to San Antonio I was shocked how far Houston went past what we remember was the city. The other thing was how fast once you past Houston the landscape changes to a West Texas looking landscape.

And then there's  Buc-ee's, now that's different, the one we stopped at had over 100 gas pumps and 95% of them were being used.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I ran into that in Atlanta. Missed the turn off for the "by pass".... went straight thru.

Been there and done that one Sunday evening about 11!  Got the t-shirt AND the bumper sticker.  Some dude passed me running warp 5 in a big black Benz SUV.  Flipped me out cause he came outta no where.  About 10 miles South there he was w/two troopers handcuffed over the hood of that Benz.  I smiled and putted on by @ 75.  😂 :)

• Like 2

Nice to see one of the best threads back at it.

Busy again in and out! On the phone half the day!

Now to feel 38 again would be better. A week of messing around outside when its 90 wasn't that bad days ago but with the 60% today it had me tired by 5.

Live Clapton, good live REO, Scorpions, Lou Reed, BOC & Ted today. 

Buyer 1 got dismissed unfortunately, buyer 2 is out of the gate STRONG. * Now I've got a third wanting to get in here, dang... nice folks again but they might have been beat already.

Phone has not stopped today after I let the still interested parties in on what was up.

Then the iron skillet, evoo, butter, garlic clove, mushrooms, red wine with this strip in the middle :smile: Yup the grill is packed away too.

I just love beef & mushrooms

PXL-20210526-000847739.jpg

Put the shrooms in a little early but the carnalized flavor is so good I'll do it on purpose next time.

Lifted it out a little to soon... and you see the blood?

Arrroooo beerwolf.

Well at least I've got some EC A121 left.

Beat, and my belly's happy now, shot of EC with a shot of cold water was a nice finish to that all entree meal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Just stir fried some cut up chicken, added a bag of broccoli and a bag of mixed vegies with some onion and garlic, salt and pepper. Easy quick and over with, for me it's harder to figure out what to cook that we hadn't had recently. 

Cooked at Rodney's when we were there, 7 x that etouffee recipe I posted a while back, it was a LARGE skillet. It was shrimp and crawfish etouffee, we added 10 pounds of shrimp and 4 pounds of crawfish, they loved it. The next night we baked potatoes and everyone covered it in leftover etouffee, they ate it up again, it's hard not to like with plenty of seafood in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Played with `em at a particular creek here when I was a kid.

Not sure if the eaten variety is fresh or salt water? Only place besides a good restaurant here called The Cajun Queen that I've had them at is Popeye's a decade back when they had them.

Man that owned that place had the music store up on the blvd here, played a mean jazz clarinet and had some recordings plus his band entertained at the restaurant. Fleet Green RIP!

• Like 3

Got my coffee, Rx, forced some granola and a banana (don't like eating in the am... just coffee) so I can take my supplements and have them utilized.

By the way if you ever miss your B-complex vitamin in the am?

DO Not take it with dinner at 6pm:mellow2:, I was awake until 4 am that night searching for stuff to watch on the tv. Band of Brothers, Chernoybl, Game of Thrones, True Blood (cheesy sci-fi RULES) skimmed all of those that night a week ago. Since I detoxified in `01 with the new filter I'm a serious lightweight with "substances"

* Offer 2 pdf's just came in, got to check dates, see if we can comply.

Woo Hooo! This one is better/more! 

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

B vitamins can do that....

Overcast this AM... and warmer than usual. 60` instead of 50`.   My "squash" that came up in the compost appear to be melon of some sort. The blossoms are not squash, unless they are spaghetti squash... Never grown them, so, I don't know if they make a big flower. These are small and not the typical large squash blossom.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Not sure if the eaten variety is fresh or salt water? 

Fresh water, mostly farmed.

12 hours ago, grasshopper said:

can't say I have eaten crawfish. We don't get many down here.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Crawfsh need water.  Lol.

True, not much water in the desert.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

compost

The blossoms are not squash,

Never grown them, so, I don't know if they make a big flower.

Smokeable?  You could be onto something yanno...  😂  😂  😎

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, babadono said:

Vitamin B keeps one from falling asleep?

Not if taken with a slushie.

Man it does to me, maybe it's the bioavailability of the brand/formula I get. I can tell you it negates the lethargy induced by my time-released coreg that I have to take. Fighting with the two piece then one bar to make the big storm part covering the picture window. At least it's not heavy & I think I have the order figured out. Wind picked up like a storm was coming last evening and I pulled it inside so I would not have to clean it again.

PXL-20210526-164419792.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Man it does to me, maybe it's the bioavailability of the brand/formula I get. I can tell you it negates the lethargy induced by my time-released coreg that I have to take. Fighting with the two piece then one bar to make the big storm part covering the picture window. At least it's not heavy & I think I have the order figured out. Wind picked up like a storm was coming last evening and I pulled it inside so I would not have to clean it again.

PXL-20210526-164419792.jpg

How much for the fig newtons?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6