Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 hours ago, dtel said:

OK this is a smart little girl.

A little girl is the youngest to be admitted to Mensa, her IQ is  146,  what is amazing is she is 2 almost 3 years old.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/toddler-admitted-american-mensa-iq-146-history-youngest-member

Kashe, who is nearing the age of 3, has made several academic strides that many toddlers her age have yet to reach.

According to Fox 11, Kashe can count to 100, identify all 50 U.S. states by shape and select elements on the periodic table. 

Her communication abilities are also advanced with 50 sign language signs memorized so far in addition to learning English and Spanish and how to read.

- Show off - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Any of you Canadian gents ever try Quatreau by Constellation Brands?  It contains CBD oil and THC. We can only get it here in the States minus the THC.
  • Impressions?
  • Ten days alcohol free and looking for a little "pick me up"🙂
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tarheel said:
  • Any of you Canadian gents ever try Quatreau by Constellation Brands?  It contains CBD oil and THC. We can only get it here in the States minus the THC.
  • Impressions?
  • Ten days alcohol free and looking for a little "pick me up"🙂

Let me get this straight (not what you're after it seems  LOL), you want water infused with pot extracts because you're not drinking (a depressant) for a pick me up, and THC might be the answer?  LMAO

Might I suggest, adjusting your alcohol free goal to 10 days, check the box, get a nice stiff drink, smoke a big spliff, take a really long nap and you will be fully refreshed and feel great, or that's what I've read.   LOL  You know I'm just busting stones. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Pete H said:

drinking (a depressant)

Yes it is, a week ago a friend came in town for a couple days. We sat out in the bar and one night drank tequila shots untill late listening to music. The way I felt the next day was quite depressing. :blink: 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Don't worry Chuck got you covered !

Need some Lorna Doone's to ?

1622059874582173020437.jpg

Yea Mike I even saved the fortified newton box for throwing utensils in they were $6 a box for years. Just ate my last of `em after hotdogs for lunch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, dtel said:

OK this is a smart little girl.

A little girl is the youngest to be admitted to Mensa, her IQ is  146,  what is amazing is she is 2 almost 3 years old.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/toddler-admitted-american-mensa-iq-146-history-youngest-member

Kashe, who is nearing the age of 3, has made several academic strides that many toddlers her age have yet to reach.

According to Fox 11, Kashe can count to 100, identify all 50 U.S. states by shape and select elements on the periodic table. 

Her communication abilities are also advanced with 50 sign language signs memorized so far in addition to learning English and Spanish and how to read.

in  ASIA and some countries in the ME ----Kids go to school at 3 years old ,

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

"computers" when I was a kid, were relegated to NASA... and had the computing power of a digital wristwatch. The computer in the Gemini capsule took about 2/3 of the cabin....

color tv's were new and for the wealthy, when I was a kid.

Can we be honest? Computers when you were a kid were called the abacus 🧮- . Just sayin’ - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I think my wife teaches kids about an abacus.... I don't believe she knows how to use one

figured it was time to get my "air conditioner" up and running. It's a Rainbird. I still marvel at how this stupid sprinkler works.

I wet down the place where grass comes up... it is dirt right now. Drops the temp outside enough to make a difference indoors. This is also a measure to keep what little topsoil I have......I'm being optimistic about the rain happening in a month..  .

the garden is doing pretty good. The things that came up in the compost heap are kicking. Several mystery melons, a watermelon and a bunch of peppers. Most likely bell peppers. Kinda surprised I'm not seeing tomato plants in it.

I went for a taste of that Glennfiddich scotch... It's not gonna last much longer.  Maybe 4 shots left. I got it for Christmas. 

• Haha 2

they do....

for the most part, we don't need cooling, as temps rarely get over 95` outside. Temps still get cool in the AM.... 60` or so. The house stays comfortable until late afternoon... and then a fan is all that we need. We aren't in the "low desert"/cactus type desert...We're 1000ft higher and 10` cooler than Tucson. Hardly any cactus here. More scrub trees and grass.We can grow apples... too cold for citrus...

I do have a little A/C in the doghouse.  Temp is set at 87` on it... and that is quite comfortable, for us.

• Like 2