Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

PYes, but not 54 years.

Have you heard 50-Mission Cap by The Tragically Hip?  It refers to that, and mentions Bill Barilko, who was a star Leafs player who disappeared, only to be found the last year the Leafs won the Cup.

EDIT:  That’s odd.  Twice I’ve added the YouTube link to the song, a 1993 live performance, and it automatically switched from the link to the large-sized thumbnail for the song.  All as normal, but when I come back a few hours later, the thumbnail and the link have disappeared.  I’m not going to add the link a third time.

Has anyone else seen this happen?  Is there a glitch in the Forum program, or did I do something wrong?

FURTHER EDIT:  I use a MacBook and an iPad.  The link doesn’t appear when I look at the Forum on the iPad, but on the MacBook, there it is.

What are you seeing?  This text, or the link with the full-size thumbnail here in the post?

• Like 1

I had planned to get out and do some things today, but I powered up the system and sat down to eat brunch, and then started listening at quite a bit higher volume than I usually do.  The music really came alive, and I stayed and heard more, and more, and now it's only a couple of hours until suppertime.  Oh well, sometimes doing what you like is more important than doing what you should.  I didn't need to go out.

BTW, I'm really enjoying Radio Paradise, from Paradise, California, near San Diego, on Net Radio.  They play a pretty eclectic mix of music, and the sound quality is quite high.  The mix of familiar and unfamiliar music is north pleasant and informative, which is good.  I hear music I'm familiar with, and music I'd like to know more about.  The nameless DJs don't mention who they are, but they do speak a bit about the music they played in the last arc, as they sometimes call a session/set.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Remember when we were in Africa?

The world on fire. Taxi from Africa. The grand hotel. He was drunk. A big party last night. Back, going back in all directions. Sleeping these insane hours. I'll never wake up in a good mood again. I'm sick of these stinky boots.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

The world on fire. Taxi from Africa. The grand hotel. He was drunk. A big party last night. Back, going back in all directions. Sleeping these insane hours. I'll never wake up in a good mood again. I'm sick of these stinky boots.

Yes., rather than the taxi from Africa, I'd rather ride on the bullet train from Tokyo to Los Angeles, as Shirley Manson of Garbage sang.

Stinky boots?  Have you got python boots that won't come off, and now you have Stink Foot, as Frank Zappa sang?  Good rock music really does cover everything!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Yes., rather than the taxi from Africa, I'd rather ride on the bullet train from Tokyo to Los Angeles, as Shirley Manson of Garbage sang.

Stinky boots?  Have you got python boots that won't come off, and now you have Stink Foot, as Frank Zappa sang?  Good rock music really does cover everything!

podobromhidrosis

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 6:45 AM, JohnJ said:

Got the alkyd almost wrapped up yesterday the soffits, fascia and dental molding are looking better. Next appraisal should come in a bit higher than that tree fiddy wasn't enough to get the kids what they needed from the mortgage. Not as important this go round, just keeping myself busy.

So having to plant my step ladder into the bushes several times to get up there I got spider bit again.

HATE spiders, I'd even say I like yellow jackets better!

Forgot about it until Friday when my calf muscle was hurting. Cleaned it with alcohol stuck it with the corner of a new razor I put under fire, then have kept Caladryl on it to get the rest of the poison out. Better today, but still sore enough to limp. Never even saw it but I got it smashed between my jeans and my leg right when it happened.

If you are sensitive to spider bites, watch out for this one:

This 'Harmless' Spider Could Send You to the Hospital, New Study Says (msn.com)

• Like 1

YIKES!

Since I've been taking immunosuppressants I've been like the proverbial "Canary in a Coal Mine"

But even as a kid yea bees, wasps their pain starts immediately then goes away quickly. Hornets? never got stung by one of them until I was halfway through my thirties. I've had where they got me (three of them at once) throb with pain for a few hours even a decade later.

Spiders sting for a second then like a pulled muscle that hurts the next morning, their pain starts a few days later when their poison is messing with your muscle. Whenever I've seen one since my Z-Rock days I can hear "Die mfr Die" in my memories before I spread them out! Scraping then priming that window I spent too much time in that bush before he bit me and died. Back to normal now, treated it similar to a snake bite and it worked for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Worst sting I have had was a bee on the tender part of the bottom of my foot.  That cured me of walking on a lawn barefoot.

I have to relate this: When I was 5 and in kindergarten (private, public was not available in those years) it was always a race out to the "recess" area. I had never been the first to get there and that day I was in the lead! I was yelling with my mouth open and running when a bee flew into my mouth and stung me on the roof of my mouth. I still remember that feeling of that 64 years later!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Worst sting I have had was a bee on the tender part of the bottom of my foot.  That cured me of walking on a lawn barefoot.

15 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Inside the arch is very sensitive, No Doubt.

I've been stung in more sensitive areas....

One night, we were moving some hives. I needed to take a leak.  ....  and I got it. 

------------------------------------------------

got a smattering of rain yesterday afternoon. Hope it is the beginning and not the end. Last year, we got a little rain in late May, and that was all we saw for the rest of the year.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

One night, we were moving some hives. I needed to take a leak.  ....  and I got it. 

got a smattering of rain yesterday afternoon. Hope it is the beginning and not the end. Last year, we got a little rain in late May, and that was all we saw for the rest of the year.

Yep, I imagine getting stung in the “hive” would be painful —🐝

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

If the swelling lasts for more than 4 hours consult your Doctor.

• Haha 6