Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good thing, a slower setting would be nice. Probably 3.8 gallons is if you make pot after pot quickly.

There's no settings.  You just put the coffee in and pour the water in that corresponds to the amount of coffee you used.  It's one scoop for 8 oz of water.  the 3.8 gal/hr is the max it will do if you do pot after pot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I had seen that.  The one you linked is probably the replacement.

I've never seen a commercial bun n break down.. maybe a 20 year old unit with continuous water feed..

where the switch failed...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I have a retired Army medic friend who said they always carried superglue, it could be used to close wounds in an emergency. Might be close to the same thing as new skin ?

my boy was a medic in the service... they call that "Liquid Stitches"... it burns like crazy, too. 

the dumb question

How do they keep from getting stuck to their work?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

I've never seen a commercial bun n break down.. maybe a 20 year old unit with continuous water feed..

where the switch failed...

The one you're getting and the one I have are basically commercial grade units made for the home.  There's 2 switches.  One for power on/off and one for the burner.  They're heavy duty switches.

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Dang they got pricy in the last eight or so years since I got my last Bunn.

Hey @jimjimbo that gal changed her first post that I tried to tell you about. It did have a graph with price ranges for the speakers to elicit offers.

Dumpster fire…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The one you're getting and the one I have are basically commercial grade units made for the home.  There's 2 switches.  One for power on/off and one for the burner.  They're heavy duty switches.

this is a single switch....

pour in water activation...

switch for warming plate..

stainless-steel-bunn-drip-coffee-makers-

• Like 4

On 5/23/2021 at 3:50 PM, dirtmudd said:

@BigStewMan

189708020_10159154149214659_865994613940

Close ... my first was a Fender Telecaster though (not counting the toy guitar that I got at age five). I actually just bought my first Gibson a couple of months ago ... a Les Paul nonetheless ... the guitar that I said I'd never buy and now I own a very beautiful one. Go figure.  Stupid heavy; but sounds really nice and has incredible sustain. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:
19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

measure twice, cut once. 

it does not matter what or how many scoops of coffee... it sucks !

just looking for a different type...

one with a chocolate taste or finish at the end... but no chocolate in it...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

ust looking for a different type...

maybe some bright person in the world has invented Ketchup coffee?   Now there's a million dollar idea ... take it and run with it my friend, and I hope life is treating you well.

I can't compete I'm serious coffee discussions as I drink decaf because of a heart rhythm issue and I've eliminated caffeine from my life. But I've found a Hazelnut Creme Decaf that tastes pretty good ... I think it's made by Kiva.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

let's call up the Hanson Brothers

My favourite bit was always the one where he skates past the opposing bench and smacks them all with his stick.

Edited by Islander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2