Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Getting tired of the Columbian coffee

lately... Tried another brand both taste the same.. with the fruity taste after note... it sucks !

I like the chocolate note at the finish..

any suggestions ?

And it starts.

Bro, hate to tell you but you might not find that coffee nirvana ever again. I have not found that great Colombian flavor in several years. Too much has changed with the micro environments where they grow it. And the processes of drying then roasting.... If you get a hold of some good honey processed beans let us know. No sticky stuff involved, just that the mucilage isn't completely hulled from the beans and they do not get washed like other methods. :smile:

Ahh...  The scourge in HI then the volcanos a few years ago, I quit buying from there last year was the last time. Buying from Jamaica is hit or miss since the Marley kids screwed up their good thing there and $60/lb isn't for me. I went with harbucks for $10 a lb for a decade then theirs started having a taste that I... F'em wouldn't touch `em with a ten foot pole now. Past couple of years Volcanica or Belux both in Atl get it to me very fast and I stick with the $ varieties not the $$ or the $$$ for fu fu beans in a ten or twelve ounce bag.

It used to be the blue can or the red can. For about seven dollars.

I was for the red then it changed in the early 90s. Ten years ago I'd bag my own at whole foods and other places then every flavor started to taste the same musty yuck that harbucks had started with earlier. Like the air tastes in the dark corner of a cold damp dirty old basement. Came to figure that's a bean from a certain continent that I just don't care for. Juan Valdez did good for a few years until they opened up shop in the USA and you order through a company in CT. You could try your luck with them, I don't recommend it. Buy at amazon and you could get stale beans that's hit or miss too.

That chocolaty flavor that you can kinda sense after you swallow it? Just finishing up a single origin expresso that I dialed the grinder down fine so it  has gone through the two lb bag in two weeks and gives me a pretty close resemblance to the real thing. It's ten until 5am right now woke early gotta go and make some myself.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Getting tired of the Columbian coffee

lately... Tried another brand both taste the same.. with the fruity taste after note... it sucks !

I like the chocolate note at the finish..

any suggestions ?

Dunkin Donut whole bean.  Dont laugh.   It's awesome.  Original blend.

• Like 3

If you are going for a chocolatey finish, why fool around,  get a nice hard chocolate and grate a bit onto the morning grind in the filter basket, then brew. One can add a hit of cinnamon if desired as well.  Taste and see if its hitting the right notes for ya. Of course, some give a hit after the brew too. Experimentation is the key.     This is the coffee I've been using for years, from Costco.  Though I did not notice it before, it says it has "dark chocolate notes" 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

I'll get bags that say cedar, pear, rhubarb and just like other connoisseurs of stuff, I can concentrate and not taste most any of it. Speaker adverbs and adjectives are easier!

If I like the taste or not is easy, blends are great sometimes single origin more. Going back to a med roast after this I can make only 20 oz and get by with the amount of pep that has in it usually.

I've used chocolate ice cream to make mochas before too. Stale is hard to fix, weak I can modify with more grinds or brown sugar, maple syrup or a Werther's caramel. Plain is the best for breakfast, I'll make coffee-milk with the leftovers if there is any, this is good with the expresso.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

that looks like the Utica Auditorium

I know this is.... the stage is at the left... Seen more concerts there !

correctomundo  ----the hockey scenes were shot at the Utica Memorial Auditorium in Upstate NY -  the brawl in the Slapshot movie was inspired by a real life  Altercation  between 2 Defunct  American Professional  Hockey teams of  NY and PA  -

the  Mohawk Valley Comets Mohawk valley comets logo.gif  and   the Johnstown Jets Johnstown jets 68.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It sounds like some of you guys need a Master Class in home repair and maintenance.  To that end, here's Ricky from Trailer Park Boys to show you how it's done.  Today, Ricky is installing a towel holder in an acquaintance's home.  An easy $10 for a 5-minute job, right?  The clip is only 3 minutes long.

WARNING:  SOME RUDE LANGUAGE!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Our member from Rimouski, psg, hasn’t posted on the Forum in over a year.  I thought he might have been busy with other things, but someone posted last week that he was “no longer with us”.  Does anyone know if he has left the Earth, or just the Forum?  He visited me when he was in town in 2006, a few months after I got my La Scalas, and gave me some helpful tips.  He’s a very pleasant guy.  I hope he’s still around.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Islander said:

Our member from Rimouski, psg, hasn’t posted on the Forum in over a year.  I thought he might have been busy with other things, but someone posted last week that he was “no longer with us”.  Does anyone know if he has left the Earth, or just the Forum?  He visited me when he was in town in 2006, a few months after I got my La Scalas, and gave me some helpful tips.  He’s a very pleasant guy.  I hope he’s still around.

No idea.  Wonder sometimes what has happend when folks disappear like jacksonbart, Duke Spinner, or j4knee.

• Like 1

Coffee finished, bacon and blueberry pancakes down the hatch. 

Anyone watching the Memorial Tournament?  Interesting conclusion to yesterdays round.  Jon Rahm with a 6 stroke lead and looking unstoppable disqualified after testing positive for Covid!  He was told as he came off hole 18.

Time to walk the Swankster and then watch This Old House (as I have done for 30 years or more).

Happy Sunday gents.........

• Like 6

9 hours ago, babadono said:

Hey @Shiva what's up? No June gloom out my way so far. How's things your way?

Hey Babadono, everything is A-Ok my way.  Skies are grey this morning, ☁️ though the sun should shine later. ☀️

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Hey Babadono, everything is A-Ok my way.  Skies are grey this morning, ☁️ though the sun should shine later. ☀️

Sounds like you still have May grey! 🙂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Looking west this morning it looks like it maybe overcast at the ocean and it took a little time for the sun to break through this morning. It's all good.

The weed abatement season is coming to an end, YEAH! Time to get back to more interesting projects.:emotion-44:

• Like 2