Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So I just mention to a fellow local SoCal forum member June gloom(or lack thereof) and BOOM we're socked in. Even a little mist on the windshield this morning. Could have used this cooler weather over the weekend moving rocks:)

Enjoy buds:emotion-44:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yep I've got a little June blue sentimentality going on myself, scheduling utility turn offs for the week of the 4th.

Believe this second time around (home buyer 2) is the one that will go through, and I'm whetting down to a new degree right now!

Members being scarce?

I am concerned a bit about a German friend that had a health scare at the first of the year. His activity here has changed a bit, but there are some of us that don't contribute on a schedule and never have. Tried to roust him a couple times have not pm'd yet. Best Wishes for ya @MicroMara

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Yep I've got a little June blue sentimentality going on myself, scheduling utility turn offs for the week of the 4th.

Believe this second time around (home buyer 2) is the one that will go through, and I'm whetting down to a new degree right now!

Members being scarce?

I am concerned a bit about a German friend that had a health scare at the first of the year. His activity here has changed a bit, but there are some of us that don't contribute on a schedule and never have. Tried to roust him a couple times have not pm'd yet. Best Wishes for ya @MicroMara

whats up with microwave

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 8:41 AM, babadono said:

So I just mention to a fellow local SoCal forum member June gloom(or lack thereof) and BOOM we're socked in. Even a little mist on the windshield this morning. Could have used this cooler weather over the weekend moving rocks:)

Enjoy buds:emotion-44:

Our "June gloom" is setting in this weekend. 110`+ predicted for Tucson.  ...the bright side of it is, we NEED this to happen or we don't get our summer rains. 

I hope it isn't like last year. It got hot, and stayed that way for 3 months w/o rain. I don't wanna challenge "worse", but last year was bad.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:11 AM, JohnJ said:

Members being scarce?

Isn't he given to travel?  Hope Geo is OK

-----------------------------

Yet to go up on the roof, again.  Kinda frustrating. I want to be up there at 6AM... And wife is sleeping. I don't want to wake her by tromping around on the roof. She is still working..... and we have the kid 4 days a week, right now. I don't mean "during the day" have... I mean 4 days and nights...

I'll get a chance to do the roof in a week. As soon as wife gets done at school, she taking off to IL for a week....when she gets back from there, she's going to MT and taking the kid with her... That will be exciting.  They are going to fly. Going to see the boy. I don't know how well this is going to work. He says they are booked solid... no extra rooms. Plus, he will be very busy.

I get a couple weeks to myself... well sorta. Cats and dogs. I have a few things I want to do while she's gone.... Dancing girls, loud music....Loud music anyway. Some things inside the house I want. Requires turning some things upside down before it gets better. Ya know how that is...

• Like 4

High school classmates getting together shortly at the local park.  Just a bring your own bag lunch BS session for most of us.  We naturally have a few of the wimmen planning this stuff to keep us all  in "touch."  We have to have that one though...  Everyone gets an email obit when someone passes and she always comes up with the dates for the get together.  I swear she's like the class Grim Reaper.  Today?  Yea, meet up during a solar eclipse.  We're doomed I tell ya...  Always a lot of laffs though from all of the flower children/rebels of the 60's.  Maybe I'll survive.   😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

High school classmates getting together shortly at the local park.  Just a bring your own bag lunch BS session for most of us.  We naturally have a few of the wimmen planning this stuff to keep us all  in "touch."  We have to have that one though...  Everyone gets an email obit when someone passes and she always comes up with the dates for the get together.  I swear she's like the class Grim Reaper.  Today?  Yea, meet up during a solar eclipse.  We're doomed I tell ya...  Always a lot of laffs though from all of the flower children/rebels of the 60's.  Maybe I'll survive.   😂

It can be good to touch base with high school friends.  My school has reunions only every 25 years.  I missed the last one, and it's 22 years until the next one.  I suspect that the number of people from my graduating class could be pretty small at that reunion.  Since there are no direct flights between where I live now and where I went to high school, it would be over 7 hours of travel time by air, so I took a pass on it, but when I looked at the guest list, there were several people I'd like to have seen, especially since it might well have been the last chance to see most of them.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Islander said:

It can be good to touch base with high school friends

It can be or not. :lol:

Went to one many years ago, all boys school. Went with my best friend and our girlfriends, walked in and thought this is the same bunch of jackasses we remembered, left and never went to another. Anyone we liked we still kept in toouch with, the rest were people we didn't bother with so there was no point.

Now it had been boys and girls it may have been different ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:31 AM, Tarheel said:

C'mon guys someone tell the gent with the bass problem that when Cornwalls are packaged at the factory they put the bass in a separate box😉

better yet , return the CW IV , buy a set of Chorus II  -save 5k$