Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 6/6/2021 at 8:32 AM, Tarheel said:

No idea.  Wonder sometimes what has happend when folks disappear like jacksonbart, Duke Spinner, or j4knee.

1) Duke Spinner's last post  will be 10 years old in February 2022  ------the coolest --but never insulting -

2)jacksonbart 's last post will 4 years old in February 2022 --always-very direct ---just the way it is ---

3)J.4knee 's last post will be 6 years old in January 2022 --it was at the time of the Death of DaddyDee  RIP , the most gentle soul of all ----that loss of a Friend was too much it would seem -

Duke Spinner

• Klipsch Fanatic
  •  
  •  
  • Heritage Members
  • 5390 posts

I heard that he had moved over to a Bose forum and had cut all ties here.

Buy Other Sound Equipment ...????

Bwaaaaaahahaha ....[:D]

Not Likely ..

====================================================================================================

jacksonbart

• Klipsch Ultra Fanatic
  •  
  • jacksonbart
  • Heritage Members
  • 9295 posts

Loved Lynyrd Skynyrd before the plain crash. The music biz can ruin some talent

•  

Driving Miss Daisey since 2001 &

Pyrokinetic since 1998.

=================================================================================================

J.4knee

• Forum Ultra Veteran
  •  
  • J.4knee
  • Regulars
  • 4351 posts

This is truly sad news. Dee was such a kind man and wonderful soul. I had honor of meeting him at one of the pilgrimages in Hope. Prayers and peace to his family. R.I.P Daddy Dee you will be and are missed

twistedcrankcammer reacted to this
  •  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate the moving, but once it's done and the dust settles, it's usually fine. Hopefully, not many more moves planned in this life, the next will be to the Philippines, but we'll not be taking much with us.

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Sounds like a good time!  Happy birthday!  You've caught me till January.

No hurry, my friend. It will be here before you know it.

• Like 6

On 6/6/2021 at 8:32 AM, Tarheel said:

No idea.  Wonder sometimes what has happend when folks disappear like jacksonbart, Duke Spinner, or j4knee.

I miss Dr. Bill as well. He was PWK's pastor, but when he was on here, I think he had moved to Dallas (can't even find his name listed).

Back in the day, we even had some great theological discussions and no one ever complained.

• Like 3

Happy b'day Bruce

----------------------------------------

as much as I really didn't want to.... I went upon the roof and finished coating it. Was up there at 6:30 or so.  I can rest on my laurels for a minute. I still have 5gal to put on this roof. I was working on the "cottage" roof.

give me a couple weeks and I might feel like doing ours.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Marvel said:
20 hours ago, dtel said:

Happy Birthday Bruce, nice picture of you and the daughter. :tongue:

I should post a pic of when we were together in the Philippines in early 2007...

So... here we are in Manila in Feb, 2007

... and she's definitely not my daughter.

manila_2007_cr.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As PBS Passport members we were perusing the PBS channel through Roku and stumbled across the Classic Albums series.  The making of many classic albums is covered in documentary format.  We watched the episodes regarding No Secrets and The Plastic Ono Band. They were very interesting.  There are many more.  I strongly recommend the series.

EDIT: 6/17/21

Apparently, the documentary series originated with the BBC, but is now available on several streaming platforms.  We watch it on the PBS channel through ROKU.  Our donation of $100 per year makes us “Passport” members with unlimited access to many excellent PBS offerings in addition to the Classic Albums series.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Albums

The episodes about DSOTM and American Beauty were also very interesting.  I look forward to enjoying more episodes.

• Like 6

On 6/12/2021 at 4:19 PM, Marvel said:

So... here we are in Manila in Feb, 2007

... and she's definitely not my daughter.

manila_2007_cr.jpg

It can go the other way, too.  One time, I was at the beach with my daughter, who was 14 at the time, while I was in my late thirties.  A guy who barely knew me complimented her, but in an unexpected way.  He said my girlfriend was pretty cute, so I had to clue him in that no, she was my daughter.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Mornin' Afternoon folks!

Been productive today, first coffee at 5, second at 8:30 and I'm finishing it up right now after being on the phone &  bleach + TSP-ing my 1980s Rubbermaid Roughneck trash cans so they can hold stuff from the storage room in them. Made a quick run to the UPSstore too with the help of that now-not-estranged-aunt. Asked her if I had worn out my welcome with requests yet and nope... she brought homemade oatmeal-raisin cookies with her!

Out of creamer, but had a few of these leftover from my birthday week splurge. These aren't as good as the homemade ones but the added orange zest to the Koulourakia isn't that bad really!

PXL-20210614-155047425.jpg

Oh yea, my desk is an old tv box now.

• Like 6

We're sittin' at 84 with 35% so I popped all the windows and turned the ceiling fans on high (Casablanca 54" 4-speeds RULE!)!

Nice, nice day...

and nope I'll trim the bushes next week so I don't have to do them twice before I leave!!

• Like 3

Pacing yourself...

We're doing the AZ Ironman. Surviving record heat for a week w/o the benefit of cooling beyond a fan.

I am pacing myself. I did get productive today.... Was up at 3AM... Mop and vac done by 5.. Nap time around 9... Some dimass left the back door open [bad move] and I woke to it being a little warm ... an hour later. W/o cooling... it has been a tad warm in the house. Taking a lot of quick showers and sitting in the kiddie pool to cool

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Death Valley is a good ways north & W of you isn't it @grasshopper ? But I guess the terrain isn't that much different where you are except a few more trees and foliage. Heard on the tv 120s hitting the valley soon.

We've had more 80s than 90s so far this June. Happy the wet air broke, even if it's only for a day. Imagine by Sept. that we are long overdue for a heatwave. Last bad one I remember was mid to late 80s.. > a year without rain, something like 50+ days over 95, 20+ over 100 in there. I literally watered our hardwoods and bushes with the garden soaker and let the lawn die that year. Ever since occasionally a big `ol tree falls down around here, not in this yard though.

Ten years ago on the road parallel to this one a hundred year old oak way over 50 ft tall fell one day. I thought a plane had nose dived into the earth but there wasn't an explosion after the ground shook. From one front yard to the back yard of the place across the street it was five feet tall. The crowd was separated by it. The Toyota was less than ten inches squished out around it on my side. The trunk touched the road on one side and the curb on the other. A junk yard car crusher couldn't have done a better job!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1