Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Death Valley is a good ways north & W of you isn't it @grasshopper ? But I guess the terrain isn't that much different where you are except a few more trees and foliage. Heard on the tv 120s hitting the valley soon.

We've had more 80s than 90s so far this June. Happy the wet air broke, even if it's only for a day. Imagine by Sept. that we are long overdue for a heatwave. Last bad one I remember was mid to late 80s.. > a year without rain, something like 50+ days over 95, 20+ over 100 in there. I literally watered our hardwoods and bushes with the garden soaker and let the lawn die that year. Ever since occasionally a big `ol tree falls down around here, not in this yard though.

Ten years ago on the road parallel to this one a hundred year old oak way over 50 ft tall fell one day. I thought a plane had nose dived into the earth but there wasn't an explosion after the ground shook. From one front yard to the back yard of the place across the street it was five feet tall. The crowd was separated by it. The Toyota was less than ten inches squished out around it on my side. The trunk touched the road on one side and the curb on the other. A junk yard car crusher couldn't have done a better job!

it's 53 here this morning !

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Victoria's Secret CEO said its Angels were no longer "culturally relevant."

the world is ending !

Another bites the dust - succumbing to PC/woke pressure coupled with having no backbone. This too shall pass - 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, richieb said:

Another bites the dust - succumbing to PC/woke pressure coupled with having no backbone. This too shall pass - 

https://people.com/style/victorias-secret-ditches-angel-wings-priyanka-chopra-megan-riponoe/

OMG.  There are so many things I could say here but discretion is the better part of valor.  Maybe I can just say that they're using less glamorous representatives now.  Is that OK?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, richieb said:

A ‘hundred predicted today and tomorrow. First time in 1200 + days for such an event. Although it’s been 95 + and high humidity for the past week. I mean really, what’s a few more degrees - . 🥵

Our humidity doubled the other day... and was still in single digits....

Temps has gained 8` since 6AM..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

the world is ending !

"aint no doubt about it"

& I'm headed for the hills:P

Actually moreso for lower taxes, better water and fresh air, hopefully the acid rain was just in the 80s!

That flat Toyota was parked, nobody in it so everyone was fascinated including the firemen and police.

We're up 14 here, 90s come back tomorrow.

Things have cleared the acct, copies of everything made & final accounting coming up.

OK has anyone else noticed that when it's warm and humid you have to cut your nails more often?

I first noticed when I moved to warm humid FL in `92, right now I've got to do it again and I think I just did it last week %$#!

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Maybe I can just say that they're using less glamorous representatives now.  Is that OK?

Understatement of the year!

Most tomboys are a lot prettier than that one!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, babadono said:

ugly women in underwear = less sales of said underwear. Human nature WILL NOT change.

I think she'll be more of a rep than a model but her in V.S. garb isn't really something I'd daydream about.

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I think she'll be more of a rep than a model but her in V.S. garb isn't really something I'd daydream about.

I was going to post a sports illustrated swim photo of her just for you, but it turns out I'm not that mean.

• Sad 1