Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

To not think about punks other than me, this punk has been busy, I have to be or I get in trouble.

Only one before picture, thought about it after I started taking it apart. It also now has a rolling stand.

Before

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• Moderators

See, better than looking at fluffy girls in swim suits, or thinking about RW ideas, RW just play music and shut up.

Reminds me of an Eagles concert we went to, half way through you got a 10 minute political speech. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, dtel said:

See, better than looking at fluffy girls in swim suits, or thinking about RW ideas, RW just play music and shut up.

Reminds me of an Eagles concert we went to, half way through you got a 10 minute political speech. 

Damn.  Even worse than here, almost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dtel said:

I like some of RW music but he is a punk. 

It’s that age-old thing, going back centuries:  quite a few great artists have been and can be unpleasant people.  We might as well continue to enjoy their art, and try to forget much of what we don’t need to know about them.  Do we need to know that Wagner was a real jerk who died owing money to a number of people and always acted like he was something really special?  In the long run, his work was pretty special, even if you wouldn’t have wanted him to show up if you were having a BBQ with your friends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Islander said:

It’s that age-old thing, going back centuries:  quite a few great artists have been and can be unpleasant people.  We might as well continue to enjoy their art, and try to forget much of what we don’t need to know about them.  Do we need to know that Wagner was a real jerk who died owing money to a number of people and always acted like he was something really special.  In the long run, his work was pretty special, even if you wouldn’t have wanted him to show up if you were having a BBQ with your friends.

Since he spoke German we wouldn't have understood him anyway.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I remember protest songs....

the politics were in the music. We didn't have to suffer a speech

I saw the Eagles in 1977 and 1980, and both times they were content to play their music for us, except that as they walked onstage at the 1980 concert, they walked like they were “wild and crazy guys”, like Steve Martin and Dan Aykroyd.  The audience loved it, then they began to play, and it was a great show.  

What I remember most clearly was that the temperature that evening was just right. My friends and I had spread out a blanket on the concrete floor of the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) Stadium in Toronto, and we were able to recline and eat snacks without sweating or freezing, while everyone else reclined on their blankets as well.  Nobody was standing up and blocking our view, unlike what happens lately, when I get a 3rd row or 5th row seat, but hardly get to see the show, because the front row feels the need to stand up for the entire show, causing the second row to stand up, and so on, until all the audience is standing.  At an Elton John show?  That’s not dance music.  Do they stand up to get a better view of the musicians’ shoes?  Standing up during the encore is understandable, but not for the whole show.

RANT MODE OFF.  That been a pet peeve of mine for a few years, spoiling what should have been great evenings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Islander said:

That’s a pretty fine workshop you have there

Thank you, everything was jammed in a small space before and it was hard to do anything. It's why I wanted a bigger workshop for a long time but something always came up, until now. So I thought since I have the room now I might as well get the tools in better shape. Some of these were my dads, old and well made but all work perfectly so I need to get them back into the shape they should be in, someone can use them long after I am gone. My dad would be happy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Thank you, everything was jammed in a small space before and it was hard to do anything. It's why I wanted a bigger workshop for a long time but something always came up, until now. So I thought since I have the room now I might as well get the tools in better shape. Some of these were my dads, old and well made but all work perfectly so I need to get them back into the shape they should be in, someone can use them long after I am gone. My dad would be happy. 

Well said!

• Like 1