Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Humidity roared up to 30%. Hard to complain.

:lol:

That's dry weather `round here!

We barely cleared 80, felt like cr*p after waking up at 4am today. Just my guts being weird, happens off and on since `01.

An hour ago had some Clam Chowder with saltines nope they don't have salt anymore, sprinkled some real stuff on it with the ground pepper. Got some of my good Luzianne tea and I'm headed out to trim these big bushes it takes me a six foot ladder to do for the very last time in my life 💪  :emotion-19:!

• Like 2

Got most of the big ones done, the 8' X 6' *(now) Bay Laurel is left and have the sides tamed already.

Met the newest mailman around here a while ago. 

Fitting along with my attempted naughty humor from yesterday I did my best not to chuckle when the man told me his name. Holmes. Oh Lordy I'm not good with the PG lately.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

rain stopped. We got over 1/2inch. Washes are running. First time this year, since...2 years ago...This is when we meet all of our neighbors.. "wash parties". Later into the season, if people are traveling the road at certain times of the day, the will have provisions.  I used to keep extra clothes and non-perishabe food in the car. We have waited several hour for a chance to cross running water a foot or more deep. That wouldn't be allowed in Tucson. I guess we are sposed to know when and not

• Like 3

Just kickin' and enjoying the humidity. .. I think I gained a couple pounds over night... rehydrating

This is why I like summer down here.  It really is the nicest time of year. Temps are moderated by rain w/o the humidity becoming oppressive.

We had a power outage last night. Planned repairs. At least they gave us a heads up. It was off for 7hrs. On in time to make coffee

• Like 3

Since you got your coffee on time I'm sure that's part of the reason you're a happy boy today...  Will the sarong still fit since you've re-hydrated?  Asking for a friend.  😂

Should get my old butt on the Cub Cadet and mow this place.  Guy behind me mowed 2 days ago, kid next door mowed last night and the other lady had her lawn service zip around hers in 20 minutes.  Then they walk around w/blowers and charge her $50.  Thing is, mines ready but I'm not feelin it  Tomorrow by 3 it's rain.  I'd like to try and get over on 'em just for giggles.  Don't think it's gonna happen though.  So I guess I may as well.  lolol

Amazon.com: Fart Gift Joke - Never hold you farts in. They travel up your  spine to your brain.: Kitchen & Dining

• Like 1

Saw this piece of furniture at Home Goods today.  As a fan of repurposing things for audio, this would make a nice shelf unit for ones gear, or for several cups of coffee, perhaps.   Nice looking, solid and not a bad price either.  

IMG_4153.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/22/2021 at 11:56 AM, Tarheel said:

Well that's the last time I move the Big Green Egg up onto the deck by myself!

just saw a picture of your DELUXE BGE island  ...... practical setup

https://biggreenegg.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/CookingIsland-76in_L-EGG_open_front-1080__70176.1572455651.1280.1280-370x370.jpg

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, grasshopper said:

rain stopped. We got over 1/2inch. Washes are running. First time this year, since...2 years ago...This is when we meet all of our neighbors.. "wash parties". Later into the season, if people are traveling the road at certain times of the day, the will have provisions.  I used to keep extra clothes and non-perishabe food in the car. We have waited several hour for a chance to cross running water a foot or more deep. That wouldn't be allowed in Tucson. I guess we are sposed to know when and not

Talk about weather we are building a equipment center in Moses Lake Washington. By Monday It's supposed to be up 114 degrees here.

This afternoon a couple of big dust devils blew through here. It's like being next to a mini tornado.

Tornado 5.jpg

Tornado 4.jpg

Tornado 1.jpg

Tornado 2.jpg

Tornado 3.jpg

• Like 4

That’s one hell of a big dust devil.  Mini-tornado is right.  Do you get many that size?

All the ones that I’ve seen, here in Canada anyway, were “personal-size”, big enough to envelop a person but not a car.  When I was a teen, I saw one catch up to an old lady across the street and wrap around her.  She tried to run away from it, but it followed her for maybe a hundred feet, wrapped around her all the while, then it collapsed, dumping all its dust and little bits of trash on top of her.

It was kind of sad and funny at the same time, at least to a teenager’s eyes.

• Like 3

...by the time my wife gets back from IL, I'll about be feral. She was going for a week ... with a half plan to stay an extra week. ..which she opted for. Today she calls, say her sister can't get her to St.Louis until the next week... She was asking me if it was OK.

as if I really have any say... told her it was fine.

I was telling her one week wasn't enough...no time to relax.... 3 weeks is a decent vacation. When I go, it is for a month.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Ok.  Who noticed that the word "your" is on there twice.  Obviously not the people that proofread the cup. Lol.

It was just misplaced.  The extra "your" should go before "shitty"...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Since you got your coffee on time I'm sure that's part of the reason you're a happy boy today...  Will the sarong still fit since you've re-hydrated?  Asking for a friend.  😂

Should get my old butt on the Cub Cadet and mow this place.  Guy behind me mowed 2 days ago, kid next door mowed last night and the other lady had her lawn service zip around hers in 20 minutes.  Then they walk around w/blowers and charge her $50.  Thing is, mines ready but I'm not feelin it  Tomorrow by 3 it's rain.  I'd like to try and get over on 'em just for giggles.  Don't think it's gonna happen though.  So I guess I may as well.  lolol

Amazon.com: Fart Gift Joke - Never hold you farts in. They travel up your  spine to your brain.: Kitchen & Dining

This must be the cup members of Congress are obligated to use - 

• Thanks 2

That keyboard that messed up on me a couple of months ago finally messed up so bad this evening I can't even log on to the computer so I split that sucker in half and tossed it in the trash can so I wouldn't try to ever use it again Good thing I had the phone to log on to Amazon I'll be back online this weekend I'm pretty sure

• Like 1