Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 hours ago, rplace said:

First pot with my new Technivorm. An end of an era for my trusty Bonavita.

Man it brews fast

rps20210626_100642.thumb.jpg.84ce336e9c3d0a5f0cef5469bd1866f5.jpg

Very cool.

Didn’t Kirk Douglas and James Mason use the one on the right in 20,000 Leagues . ..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Expresso Machines always look cool, complex and confounding to me!

— said Howard Schultz. Maybe we can serve coffee from these complex machines direct to the public. Maybe we can grow to two or three of these “coffee shops”. Yeah - maybe -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d like to try an espresso machine,  but not enough to pony up for a new one.  Is yours for sale Rich @rplace?

I’d also like to publicly thank @jwc for taking time to reassure me regarding my upcoming HoLEP laser prostate surgery at The University of Michigan Hospital on Tuesday.  The more research I do, the more confident I am in my decision to put my urethra in the hands of the surgeons at U of M.  That doesn’t sound quite right. 😉

FYI, the following illustrates how HoLEP surgery works.

6E0BA264-A338-4602-889F-E72EB67C2322.jpeg

I’m glad I’ll be out cold during the procedure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

@DizRotus good luck with that.

I have had one of the better urologists I've ever had the past decade here. Had to put a stent up in me through an orthoscopic tube, hope I don't have to get the other kidney done. Irregardless of that, they did a great job and they all come from the other side now.

Now I see. Different issue probably the same kind of doctor with oncology on top of that. No cutting... that's nice!

Less coffee, more water.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Islander   can I borrow your room mate for my own gear ?

Islander.jpg.cedd9a2c93671a35da35a8201aa7643d.jpg

That depends.  She’s the Hi-Fi Fairy, and she sometimes flies in to dust my tweeters.  Just like the Great Pumpkin only visits the most sincere pumpkin patches, she only visits the most synergistic stereos, the ones where all the components play happily together in harmony.  Stereos like that give her the happy vibrations that she loves.  If you have a stereo like that, she might visit it.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Islander said:

That depends.  She’s the Hi-Fi Fairy, and she sometimes flies in to dust my tweeters.  Just like the Great Pumpkin only visits the most sincere pumpkin patches, she only visits the most synergistic stereos, the ones where all the components play happily together in harmony.  Stereos like that give her the happy vibrations that she loves.  If you have a stereo like that, she might visit it.

Sure she will fly over the atlantic someday while I´ll be asleep , hope to wake up before she leaves ...

LRC28_01.20212.thumb.jpg.f4125f60f050009d2d523a3d1012bd36.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2