Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Some older folks living in larger cities in the South used to pass away in the summer because they were afraid to open their windows (or they were painted shut), out of fear, living in bad neighborhoods, and they had no air conditioning. When I worked in TV news in Memphis in the '70s, it happened far too often.

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The Guinness world record is 134F/56.7C in Death Valley, CA, USA.  Something is terribly wrong when Canadians are dealing with Death Valley type temperatures in their homes.

Wonder if anyone from Guinness has been to Iraq or Saudi Arabia?

50 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The Guinness world record is 134F/56.7C in Death Valley, CA, USA.  Something is terribly wrong when Canadians are dealing with Death Valley type temperatures in their homes.

Until this week, the only time I’d seen temperatures of 40C on a North American weather map was on Phoenix, Arizona.  Death Valley rarely shows up on the weather maps here, presumably because it’s not a major city.  Then, this week 40-49C appeared on several Canadian cities.  Yes, something is terribly wrong.

• Like 2

I prolly shouldn't tell y'all that I had to put on my robe because it is cold. It's been raining enough to drop the temp to 65 or 70`F. 

that's cooler than when I got up this AM...

----------------------------------------------------

I was under the impression that Kamloops got some extreme temps normally...?

• Like 2

Its a nice cool 80F outside here tonight! Pretty good hour long thunderstorm right at dinnertime tonight.

Set for the move tomorrow and the closing lawyer just had to throw a screwball at us... Sent a doc... wants me to sign... as executor of the estate and that has nothing to do with the home. Yea I know it's a peculiarity but it's the law here. Have to enlighten the lawyer about this law and get her to rewrite the doc for us before both of us leave town tomorrow.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hey bud, tired but got a lot done. Just turned the fridge off, had to give some unopened food away but it wasn't too much. Did good with whetting things down but I did have two bags of frozen veggies, Pict-Sweet the good stuff. The neighbors next to me have been more nice than I thought possible the last year so they deserve a kickback!

• Like 3

Mornin' all

A quick weather report... it's nice. Air is a little sticky and cool. We're happy

Been fielding some of the wife's school related phone calls...

...yesterday a guy calls and wants to talk to the wife. I explain that she's out of town.. He asks if he can leave a message.

"Tell her she has been nominated for rural teacher of the year"

of the state, county or country... we don't know. And wondering who nominated her?

• Like 3