Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

we're "suffering" another "normal" day of monsoon.Has rained, at least a little, every day for a week.

I must be saturated... there is water oozing from my skin, This is not familiar... is it what you call sweat?

Gonna have to check the lawn mower. I can see it getting used this year. I did water the lawn a couple times prior to the rains... just to soften up the dirt. It was baked so hard that it couldn't take any water. Just runs off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Thats the wrong way if you have a cat.

Our cat used to shred the whole roll onto the floor when we went away on a weekend.  We thought we’d outsmart him by removing the roll from the holder and placing it on the tank.  Oh, yeah?!?  He took the roll onto our bed and totally shredded it there.

• Haha 5

Funny that's they way I've always hung my tp, and haven't been a cat person since I was twelve. Oh and to heck with anyone telling me how to do anything:P once a bonehead, always a bonehead!

Wooo Hoooo!!

Just got the "All Clear" call from the closing attny. They had thrown me some last minute screwballs, curves or hurdles the past week. Guess they just had to cover their butts with a deal having a couple things that don't happen everyday in it. Sent them info, it jived with the courthouse downtown so I'm going suv, crossover and or truck shopping this week!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, dtel said:

Or at least a dead mouse at the door.

15 minutes ago, Islander said:

Our cat used to shred the whole roll onto the floor went we went away on a weekend.  We thought we’d outsmart him by removing the roll from the holder and placing it on the tank.  Oh, yeah?!?  He took the roll onto our bed and totally shredded it there.

Ha! The juxtaposition of these two posts reminds me of a stressful time and the night we were taking care of a convalescing German Shepherd (didn't end well) that took a toll on my wife and I...In the middle of the night our cat jumped on the foot of the bed and seemed overly excited. We had a nightlight on to monitor the dog and in a fraction of a second we saw something race across the foot of the bed from the cat and flew over the dog and realized it was a mouse! Freaked me out to this day....On that note, I never was a cat person until I realized chicks dug them and in fact my current wife trapped me with one and the rest is history. I still consider myself more of a dog person but was continually amazed at how our cats through the years have tried to impress us by bringing live and partially eaten crap through the years. 🙈

• Haha 5

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I need a cat for a few days to take care of the mole in the front yard......but just for a few days.

Dermatologist, much less painfull. :o 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Islander said:

Our cat used to shred the whole roll onto the floor when we went away on a weekend.  We thought we’d outsmart him by removing the roll from the holder and placing it on the tank.  Oh, yeah?!?  He took the roll onto our bed and totally shredded it there.

ever read The Fabulous Furry Freak Bros?  Fat Freddy's cat....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of cats I've been in this house for six nights tonight. The cats left behind until their new hacienda is ready have been here six or seven years, so I am the guest. The deaf one about broke my neck the first morning tripping me up when I had to go still half asleep. The room with the internet is too small for my bed so I have two rooms blocked off. Don't want my aero-bed to go flat and can't have that cottony white fur in my computer. The top box has some metal racks in it now but that cat bowled these two over yesterday. It's got skills!

PXL-20210707-003348302.jpg

• Haha 4

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey @dtel are those power cords the original fabric covered ones? They kind of look like it.

One of them was fabric covered so I replaced it. Others like the last one was rubber but a different kind of rubber than modern wires. I shortned the cord of the last one and it was rubber but had like strands of fiber in the rubber ? I would have replaced the whole thing but the wire went inside the motor in not a normal way so I just left it, if it causes a problem I will have no choice.

Even the switch was odd or not modern, if it were I could have replaced if, look how shallow and tall it is. If it let's the magic smoke out I will have no choice. :lol:

• Like 4