Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
11 hours ago, MC39693 said:

Jimmy Buffett concert, first of this crazy year, just finished in Nashville. Fun to watch and see the whole band back together. I think they enjoyed playing for a live audience.

Never been to his concert, they say the parking lot hours before the show is worth going to see even if your not going to the show.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Have seen THE JIMMY, in Toronto, Vancouver and many times in Las Vegas.  Vegas is the most fun.  Everyone gets dressed up.  And when the concert starts everyone gets up, sings and dances the whole concert long.  If you don't like that, then don't go.  In Vegas, he used to hold a pre-concert party, big one at MGM or somewhere else along the strip.  It was big.  I only went once, couldn't do it and the concert in the evening!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
17 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yep hard to tell how who did what which way in Milwaukee or Dublin or one of the many towns outside Chicago where everything used to be made! Good choice.

After you said that I noticed this, I had no idea so many things were made in that area, 

image.jpeg

• Like 5

How about that!

Made HERE & Built to Withstand Time!!

It would be nice to have that sense of pride and self worth put into everything done here again. Hope it's not gone forever.

*Seems you NEVER lost it yourself @dtel

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

On a different note.

My headache is almost over, the new one is going to be finding a new set of wheels.

We sold the house we grew up in today on the year anniversary of our beloved mom not being in pain anymore. Bittersweet, necessary day. Buyer #2 got an appraisal good enough for the mortgage she needed... she was represented by a realtor facepalm.gif It's a racket I tell ya.

Brought my Polks back from Clt. could not find access to the amp in the storage bin it's too deep in there. So I bought another a hybrid with tubes that should do well. Being without tunes is bad for someone like me so youtube on the pc with good sound again will be nice. Oh it can do bluetooth too!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

It's a racket I tell ya.

Too funny.  You do realize you inadvertently stepped in a big pile don't you?  The higher up the RE chain you go, the worse it gets, but that's not important right now.  Real estate?  LMAO.

• Like 1

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

going to be finding a new set of wheels.

That can be a pain.

Alot of changes but I hope it's all for the good, as long as your happy mom would be happy. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You do realize you inadvertently stepped in a big pile don't you? 

Anytime lawyers can get involved it's possably a pain, more than likely. It's there job to confuse things to the point of appearing to be needed.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Anytime lawyers can get involved it's possably a pain, more than likely. It's there job to confuse things to the point of appearing to be needed.

And the real estate kings have plenty of those.  They don't always pay them though.

• Haha 1

The appraisers & the re agents is what I was suspecting there! Strange how much value the place gained within a month's time. Anyhow 4 big-uns is nice considering they paid 16k for it in `65.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6113-Montpelier-Rd-Charlotte-NC-28210/6259606_zpid/

The vehicle thing is crazy right now and searching gets me answers all over "the board" on which cars have less computers or which cars have chips that last longer, or how long do they last?

It's not cars though 2 row suv's and crossovers even wagons. Trucks? New ones are almost cheaper now.  I'll have to see if luck finds me again like when I had to move that darn 312 lb dry weight fridge! Gas prices have me looking at vehicles with a half a motor in them so it's gotta have a turbo or three. Can't have a vehicle that won't survive 80mph for 12 hrs straight (except for pit stops) or one that can't get out of it's own shadow. Well that one I only had the Charger that could almost do that!

• Like 4

Psychedelic guys with pompoms. Too Much.

Remember how we ate when we were teens and the folks weren't at home??? Maybe it was just me but I doubt that seriously. Haven't had good boiled peanuts since the 90s off the beaten path in FL. Good thing I had eggs for breakfast, this was dinner a few minutes ago. And they we not the plain ones.

PXL-20210708-213446837.jpg

• Like 3