Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

"How y'all are?"

I enjoyed watching Yooostan.

chewed thru a stack of bluegill fillets tonite... and they were good. 

Wife will be home sometime soon/ish. She'll be in Tucson Sunday.  That doesn't mean she is coming straight home from there. I don't expect her until Tuesday... She has plans to visit her niece, who is in Tucson from Boston...

by the time she gets home, it will be time for her to get ready to go back to work/school. She has a couple video conferences and a trip to Flagstaff related to this "teacher of the year" thing..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

She has a couple video conferences and a trip to Flagstaff related to this "teacher of the year" thing..

Congrats again to the wife. 

Oh,  she did get teacher of the year,  or in the running ? Either way congratulations I didn't realze that. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, grasshopper said:

"How y'all are?"

Fit as a Fiddle & out of c-card debt today. One issue tamped down two to go! :emotion-19:

Made Red Beans & Rice today. lovin' that Cajun flavor lately!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It is a great feeling to be out from under that debt. On SS for a couple decades. Trying to maintain that house when every last appliance died in the last decade.. was a pain. Plus some interest, it all panned out when we sold it though! 

With housing skyrocketing  I'm going to look at a prefab place this next week... these are tiny and really nice though. It will be a half day up and back I think.

https://www.greenriverlogcabins.com/

If this pans out I know someone used to looking at land that could help confirm if I would go that route.

• Like 5

SIL and BIL flying in from Peru, we will pick them up tomorrow morning. There will be coffee AND cocktails going on I'm sure:emotion-44::emotion-46:. We will use some cables but probably not build or dissect any of them.

Cheers groovy guys and groovy gals.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I'm going to look at a prefab place this next week

there's one a few houses down from my sis. Looks pretty nice

----------------------------------

before you ask

Yes, there was a tornado warning for [near] here. Storm passed us by. We got a little rain. I'm still needing to water ... little.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

It is a great feeling to be out from under that debt. On SS for a couple decades. Trying to maintain that house when every last appliance died in the last decade.. was a pain. Plus some interest, it all panned out when we sold it though! 

With housing skyrocketing  I'm going to look at a prefab place this next week... these are tiny and really nice though. It will be a half day up and back I think.

https://www.greenriverlogcabins.com/

If this pans out I know someone used to looking at land tha t could help confirm if I would go that route.

Nice looking, on a nice piece of land it would be all that's needed.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Those warnings make me nervous after being too close to one a while back!

Check to see if you own the land.  Before I found my present home, I looked at a couple of prefab developments, but was put off by the fact that I would not own the lot, I’d be leasing it, and some development owners were known to unexpectedly jack up the land rent.  If that happened, and the new rate was unaffordable, what could you do?  Sell at a loss, and lose the equity you should have had built up by then?  I wound up buying a condo.  That was bad enough for neighbours setting rules that you have to live by, but I make sure to always be on the Strata Council, as they call condo corporations here.  That way, it would be hard to get blindsided, since I already know what may be coming around the corner.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

thanx. We're pretty excited

it's a state award. She made the first cut. The winner hasn't been determined yet... that's what the conferences are about [I guess]... The winner will be announced at a deal in Flagstaff.

Congratulations   ,  teachers work very hard ---what does she teach  ?    special ed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Oh I'd have to buy the land first before starting them building the home @Islander. That seems like a bad thing to happen to put $$ into something on leased land.

The houses looked nice, and leasing the land was cheaper than buying it, so starry-eyed first time buyers might think it was a great deal, because it made the normally unaffordable available to them.  They wouldn’t realize the trap they were in, and it might be years before it was sprung.  Then, one day, they suddenly realize what a poor bargain they bought.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

thanx. We're pretty excited

it's a state award. She made the first cut. The winner hasn't been determined yet... that's what the conferences are about [I guess]... The winner will be announced at a deal in Flagstaff.

Married to The Kimono King and still able to win awards for her job? Women must be a Saint, or thereabouts 😇

• Haha 5

• Moderators

He wears a sarong, so he says but we still have not see a pic, that would be good. :lol: 

OK grasshopper I will break the ice for you by putting a pic of an old man in a sarong, this way yours will look better and you will not have to be shy. 

elderly-sri-lankan-man-polonnaruwa-polonnaruwa-sri-lanka-may-elderly-sri-lankan-man-ancient-city-polonnaruwa-110669943.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4