Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Be gentle with the hospital staff Dave.

Looks like we're in for a storms this evening. Can see it coming. About a half hour away. I predict we will get some decent rain from this one. It's pretty dark

I would think the storms in the desert would be a little different than here, between humidity and temps ?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

15 more pages to 3000.  Who will win the coveted Klipsch toaster with a timely post?

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Who will actually send it?

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Now no multiple posts...........I know you want that toaster bad.

- very cool ‘Heel. A great thread indeed.

- yep. Has there been evidence the actual toaster exists?

- no multiple posts? No one would dare post thousands of meaningless posts, even for the coveted toaster — would they ?

• Haha 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

no multiple posts? No one would dare post thousands of meaningless posts, even for the coveted toaster — would they ?

There are other kinds of post ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Gray and two tones of red, nice. Like that red on the pulleys even though it brings `Bama to mind!

Thanks I just grabbed a spray can with a different color red since the pulleys are hidden, Bama, might have to repaint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

- very cool ‘Heel. A great thread indeed.

- yep. Has there been evidence the actual toaster exists?

- no multiple posts? No one would dare post thousands of meaningless posts, even for the coveted toaster — would they ?

33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Some might.

I still don't understand the whole toaster thing but was surprised and then saddened the meaningless crap to get post count up to join the BS Forum. 

22 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:
58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Some might.

I still don't understand the whole toaster thing but was surprised and then saddened the meaningless crap to get post count up to join the BS Forum. 

And how did that work out for everyone?  LOL

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pete H said:

And how did that work out for everyone?  LOL

Oh, I thought it was going to be a failure from the beginning. The difference was people putting thought into their posts on important subject matters compared to those who post pithy comments for banter...Let's face it, the Lounge section is definitely for the latter. Nothing wrong with that, but.... 

• Like 2

The Virgin Galactic space flight went well.  The mother ship VMS (Virgin Mother Ship) Eve (the name of Richard Branson's recently-departed mother) flew the rocket ship up to around 50,000 feet up, and dropped it.  The spaceplane's rocket engine fired up, and it accelerated rapidly past Mach 3.  The rocket engine shut down at around 115,000 feet, but the spaceplane had enough momentum to continue to climb, reaching over 124,000 feet altitude, then the plane glided down to a safe landing.

The climb with the mothership took about 15 minutes, then the rocket took less time to reach full altitude.  The whole flight lasted less than half an hour, but Richard was smiling all the way, for a number of reasons, no doubt.

• Like 4

I bought a bit of Virgin Galactic stock awhile back and it took off much like the space ship😊 Yep my good.

Regarding the toaster I forgot when or for what goal I offered a toaster.  Maybe one of the younger, fresher brains will recall. 

As for posts in the Lounge and for this thread in particular we don't use a lot of graphs or charts, not very technical at all,  most here wouldn't know a diode from a corn chip .    We are a friendly lot though and most of us know how to mix a proper Martini😉

• Like 3

• Moderators

Regarding the toaster I forgot when or for what goal I offered a toaster.  Maybe one of the younger, fresher brains will recall. 

Might have to go to a different section to find that.

We are a friendly lot though and most of us know how to mix a proper Martini😉

Yes mostly friendly, not sure about the mixing part but we know how to drink them if nothing else.

Good thing there is not a prize for crazy long mostly meaningless links when just a few words or a simplwe link would have worked. 

• Like 2