Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Regarding the toaster I forgot when or for what goal I offered a toaster.  Maybe one of the younger, fresher brains will recall. 

It was before my time here, but was it the race to see who hit page 400 first? Your post at the top of page 399 seemed to kick off the competition! 😂

• Thanks 1

Mornin' all

Wife is in Tucson. Not really expecting her home until tomorrow. Weather can be a consideration getting here. We typically get rains mid-afternoon. The roads are touch and go...

I cleaned the house... not too good. Wouldn't want her to  think I don't need her. I can't say I didn't enjoy her vacation..... with the plague, we spent a lot of time together this year. A little time apart and now I'm looking forward to having her home

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Meanwhile, In California, soldier smashes through roof of a house and lives.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9779477/British-soldier-smashes-ROOF-lands-kitchen-parachute-fails-open-exercise.html

Hey Buddy,  you okay?

45338123-9779477-A_British_soldier_has_cheated_death_after_crashing_into_someone_-a-1_1626089302771.jpg

So that all will know that the "Son of Man" has power on earth to forgive sin, I say pick yourself up and walk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Tarheel said:

As for posts in the Lounge and for this thread in particular we don't use a lot of graphs or charts, not very technical at all,  most here wouldn't know a diode from a corn chip .    We are a friendly lot though and most of us know how to mix a proper Martini😉

That is very, very true - a proper Martini of course being made with Gin. Fortunately, for those with a less complex palate, or with an aversion to botanicals there are also many here that know how to mix/shake a proper vodka Martini. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Fortunately, for those with a less complex palate, or with an aversion to botanicals there are also many here that know how to mix/shake a proper vodka Martini. 

I just happen to like potatoes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Shiva said:

According to the article, minor injuries only. Quite Amazing.!

lucky , the roof absorbed the fall   -- I did not know , that they build roofs  in California  with 1/2 inch  pressed wood  -

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

Yeah, what a lucky guy - falling through a tile roof — 

And between the trusses! Wow!

Martinis? The perfect one is the one not in front of me!!

Talking with a friend earlier, told him I got some tubes and would be jamming tonight...

Forgot that DAC thingy... couldn't find that either, new one will be here tomorrow.

Close, but no banana!

PXL-20210712-221032974.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/12/2021 at 7:16 AM, Shiva said:

Meanwhile, In California, soldier smashes through roof of a house and lives.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9779477/British-soldier-smashes-ROOF-lands-kitchen-parachute-fails-open-exercise.html

Hey Buddy,  you okay?

45338123-9779477-A_British_soldier_has_cheated_death_after_crashing_into_someone_-a-1_1626089302771.jpg

I'm guessing that the paratrooper's big soft backpack probably helped break his fall.  If it was long enough to cover his buttocks, his whole spinal column would have been cushioned.  However, I have a theory about luck.  It goes like this:  everyone has a certain amount of luck in their lifetime.  Some people cruise along, with nothing terrible or marvelous happening to them.  Others have great luck, following or preceded by something terrible, like the lottery winners who die of cancer a few months later.  In both cases, it averages out.  Do you agree, of do you have your own theory about luck, or about karma?  Do you think the paratrooper should buy a bunch of lottery tickets, or would a win be followed by a deadly car crash or the like, so he should just carry on, with a great attitude of gratitude, but remember that he owes the Universe one, and hope that it does't collect on that debt anytime soon.

Stan Lee's Lucky Man was a TV show that ran for 3 seasons, form 2016 until 2018, starring James Nesbitt as a detective who's addicted to gambling.  After his gambling debts pile up, he's on the verge of losing everything, even his family, when one night he meets a beautiful woman who gives him a magical bracelet.  Suddenly, Harry wins at everything he touches, but he finds that there's a cost.  Whenever he comes out ahead, someone else suffers, sometimes really badly.  Once he realizes this, he tries to get rid of the bracelet, but it won't come off.  Harry's smart, and basically a good guy, so he tries to work with his new reality.  I found it thought-provoking, which is a rare thing on TV these days.  It was an English production by Sky One, so it wasn't normally avail;able, but I was able to get it on one of the sci-fi channels.

It looks like the paratrooper is writing in his jump logbook.  It would be interesting to see what he wrote.  Maybe something like "That was the last bloody time I'll ever jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane!!!"  Or maybe "Memo to self:  next time the Sarge says 'Jump!', I'll tell him to sod off, or 'You first, ya bastard!'"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Hee was very lucky, the ground would not have been  so cushioned, or 6' away he could have landed on a cactus, after all of that a cactus.

I do beleve in karma and luck, I try to do the right thing with karma and I do seem to have good luck, related or not who knows.  

• Like 4