Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

My brother is doing alright.

Glad to hear that he is at least free of the cancer, as much a problem as his other things are at least they will not kill him. I was afraid to ask how he was doing, sorry.

I think as soon as you can get back around more family the better, it will be good for you. As strange as you think you are your not strange enough to fit in well in Portland. With the move the more fimilar area alone will help alot. 

Glad to see you checked in, I hate to bother you and was really worried something happened to your brother. So this may not feel like it but it is all good news, well except for the microwave zip lock bag thing.

• Like 5

I got my wife back, finally. A one week trip turned into a month... a couple of the cats were spooked by her... and she is the one who feeds them [until her trip]

and the things she brought back.????.. A coat tree. .we don't wear coats. A glass cake cover... I spose a pie will it under it.

good to have her back

• Like 2

I must be getting old. When we first got married, she would go to IL for the summer to help her grandmother... every year. Now I miss her when she's gone for 3 weeks.

Boy has decided to move out when he gets back from MT. Gonna need another sound system for the space he occupied. The cottage has usable corners... maybe a pair of Khorns. I see some in Phoenix for $1300.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ele/d/phoenix-klipsch-klipschorn-1974-speakers/7332876221.html

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Boy has decided to move out when he gets back from MT. Gonna need another sound system for the space he occupied. The cottage has usable corners... maybe a pair of Khorns. I see some in Phoenix for $1300.

Now do realize a Khorn has the same 2 top drivers as a Lascala, the bass bin is the big difference in why it sounds so different, ,and the room shape and corners are very important for it to work well. 

When looking for our last set of speakers we listened to khorns in a few different rooms, every room sounded different we came home more confused then when we started. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

it would seem that khorns are particularly sensitive to the room, by design. Almost need a room built for them

But when everything is right it's really good, and to think it's as old as it is and can be had used for less then many not even average  sounding new speakers.

The listening room in Hope at the factory is about the best I have ever heard them, it sounds like the whole back wall and side walls are the speaker. 

pilgrimage 2015 (23).JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

never worry about that my friend. yes, hopefully it will be better when I'm back around loved ones and by the way, I'm no where close to the wildest in my family!

I don't doubt that, maby at one time but things like trucks and health problems tend to make people take a easier route. I am nothing like I once was, probably why I am still alive but it was not from being hit by a truck or health problems it was much more dangerous, marrage and kids. But I feel very lucky for them and to still be here around them. It's all I have really.

It's going to be fine, nothing is permanent and all things pass, be happy for the problems you don't have, it's all we can do in the end. 

• Like 6

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

a beautiful sunny day. Bluebird skies.  I predict torrential rain this afternoon

Same here, because they say 80% this evening but sunny now also 80% for the next 3 days here.

It has been a very wet winter/spring/summer, they say were 20'' above normal so far this year, and our average is 60'' a year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

a beautiful sunny day. Bluebird skies.  I predict torrential rain this afternoon

Wet here too.  Took the grands ouuta Dodge City to a trampoline trap last night so they could jump and relieve grandpa of $100.  Came back into town and there was water everywhere.  Checked the gauge and had 2.5 inches.  Got ANOTHER 1.5 last nite.  Ohio, the heart of it all.  hahahaha  Day off today so gonna fire up the gear SOON!  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It hit us badly in the west of Germany, we had thunderstorms and a good 200 L / m2 of precipitation. It rained for days, now we have a flood disaster in our part of Germany. There were already over 145 dead. Thousands of settlements, livelihoods are destroyed. The people it affects are simply stunned. Good that it stopped raining a few hours ago. The damage to the environment, nature and infrastructure runs into billions. We were lucky, no major damage to the house, the small streams below our house have become torrential floods, but are deep enough in the valley. A dam threatens to burst, a catastrophe  alert has been issued in western Germany.

Some real actual pics ....

Hochwasser-in-NRW.thumb.jpg.ccf6f194b0861528315ba23062ad32e3.jpg1051608367_Hochwasser2.jpg.834480851ba0d55eb7336f21926cfa93.jpgHochwasser3.thumb.jpg.b2529326c8ad1181c09d7dd663eae318.jpgHochwasser4.thumb.jpg.3c460cce594150693350ff272a734a09.jpgHochwasser5.thumb.png.8fa5e026f98edc49d19ab75adf44e7e9.png

• Sad 9

Not to diminish Micro’s disastrous storms, we just had a thunderstorm dump 2.5 inches in a little over an hour. We’re out with large plots of land where some now look like ponds and ponds like small lakes. Glad we just bought two kayaks - 🚣‍♀️

• Like 2