Stance Orthodox
Boxing record
Total fights 46
Wins 38
Wins by KO 25
Losses 6
Draws 1
No contests 1

James "Buster" Douglas (born April 7, 1960) is an American former professional boxer who competed between 1981 and 1999. He reigned as undisputed world heavyweight champion in 1990 after defeating Mike Tyson to win the title.[1] His victory over Tyson is regarded as one of the greatest upsets in sports history.

Douglas was a 42-to-1 underdog going into his 1990 fight against Tyson, who was undefeated and considered to be the best boxer in the world for his domination of the division over the previous three years. Defying expectations, Douglas knocked out Tyson in the 10th round to claim the WBC, WBA, and IBF titles.

Made a couple bucks that night!  :)  Amazing fight.  

• Like 2

Right HERE is the back story to the Douglas/Tyson fight and WHY Buster fought like he did.  John Johnson was his manager and the first one to hug him after the fight.  Yup, John grew-up here and went to school with me back in the day.  So the video is why Iron Mike got his whuppin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A toaster Richie......just think.  No more waking your neighbor up to make a slice of toast😀

He may still, have you seen his neighbor, it's where he goes to get his bread toasted. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

is that what the kids are calling it these days?

I don't know, they have so many names for things I couldn't keep up even if I cared, maby I just made up a new one ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

w/o this going political ...

booster vac shots for pfizer and/or moderna....what about J&J/Jannsen? Did that vaccine fall into disfavor? Curious, because that is what I got.

J&J was a one shot only vaccine.   Dont know about the other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

w/o this going political ...

booster vac shots for pfizer and/or moderna....what about J&J/Jannsen? Did that vaccine fall into disfavor? Curious, because that is what I got.

When I got my J&J shot in early May I inquired about a booster. The guy giving the vaccination said he believed the annual flu shot will incorporate C-19 boosters. Don't know if he was a doctor or just a pharmacist. Knows more than I do regardless.