Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RandyH said:

bumped my  post -

Well you got me thinking, ( I know it's scares me also ) but not about a virus but about a poster. I ordered one this morning. After looking for you I stopped to look at it good and decided I wanted one, cool looking poster, I will need to figure out a frame next, probably bring it somewhere and let them do it. 

• Like 2

Talking about Otis  ,  you're not gonna believe this

https://madhousemagazine.com/wv-to-remove-don-knotts-barney-fife-statue-following-complaints/

WV to Remove Don Knotts Barney Fife Statue Following Complaints

Read all of it.

*BTW – This is Satire – Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental !!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Well you got me thinking, ( I know it's scares me also ) but not about a virus but about a poster. I ordered one this morning. After looking for you I stopped to look at it good and decided I wanted one, cool looking poster, I will need to figure out a frame next, probably bring it somewhere and let them do it. 

Tx For your  efforts ,  I'm  gonna order the poster  as well , been waiting a few days  now , ideally , you can laminate the poster and frame it or mount it with Gatorfoam for a Gallery look

• Like 1

• Moderators

For something different 

Next project, well already spent a few days cleaning them up. It will be to make a second level inside in the back for storage of things not used often,. 8' from the back wall and 20' wide x 8 feet tall at the lowest part.

6" I beams, I collected a bunch of metal over the years and now have a use for it, these are free, wood is not as strong and expensive right now. 

image.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dtel said:

For something different 

Next project, well already spent a few days cleaning them up. It will be to make a second level inside in the back for storage of things not used often,. 8' from the back wall and 20' wide x 8 feet tall at the lowest part.

6" I beams, I collected a bunch of metal over the years and now have a use for it, these are free, wood is not as strong and expensive right now. 

image.jpeg

You’ll be able to store a Buick on that back shelf Edlen.  Just remember to lift with your legs, not your back, when you lift it up there.

• Haha 4

Last evening we were enjoying a pleasant evening on our deck when a sudden storm hit.  Sudden high winds were immediately followed by heavy rain.  We had to scramble to lower the umbrella and get everything inside.  Within a few minutes it was over, but I had to cut up a large limb in our front yard.  Fortunately, no damage done, but had it fallen on a person or a car, different story.

Happy Monday.

• Like 4

that sounds like the storms here.

----------------

The kids start school today...

"normality" returns.. We'll see how long this lasts.

What I don't understand, is why they start school so early here. With monsoon typically running through Aug and into Sept, it would seem that a Sept through June school schedule would avoid a lot of "rain days". Wife was checking it out. The school schedule is this way for the folks in ag....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Bacon may disappear in California as pig rules take effect

glad not I don't live there !

Man, this could certainly go in several directions, none of them good. And the idea is to keep Mr. ‘Heels famous thread free and open - right?

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

but eventually find a use.

They were going to be a sawmill frame for the carrage to ride on but the cost to get it running would have been the same as buying a new bandsaw. So I never did either maby one day?

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

You’ll be able to store a Buick on that back shelf Edlen.  Just remember to lift with your legs, not your back, when you lift it up there.

Almost a Buick, I tend to overbuild things. I have thought more than once lift with legs not back, being old slows everything down. It's been hot and I have to go inside to cool off a few times a day and by the end of the day I am worn out.

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

glad not I don't live there !

I have said that many times, very pretty but I do not care to live there and have to deal with all the crazyness.

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Pigs rule! 

My favorite animal.......to eat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1