Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

on the news crawl......

robbers in NYC speed away on mopeds

dont worry , there are tons of  cameras in NYC  --plus face recognition , plate scanners that record 24h  --they will find them --you can run  ,  but you cant hide  -

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, babadono said:

I move considerably slower at these temps.

True, but you really don't have a choice, slow down or fall down, it's been 95-97 everyday the humidity has been around 70% or more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hardly struck a lick in 6-8 weeks.  Three days a week  at the Chiropractor for the lower back pain.  Friday is the last scheduled adjustment and decompression along with the reevaluation.  Want to bet they try to get me to sign up for more therapy and take another $6-7 hundred bucks.  Feel like I'm one of their many cash cows😐

• Like 2

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Want to bet they try to get me to sign up for more therapy and take another $6-7 hundred bucks.

They have that new car or boat to pay for so your probably right. 

27 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Hardly struck a lick in 6-8 weeks. 

How's the LF, OK I hope. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

dont worry , there are tons of  cameras in NYC  --plus face recognition , plate scanners that record 24h  --they will find them --you can run  ,  but you cant hide  -

Find them or not, just boys being boys. They’ll be back out on the streets “having fun” in no time. Wouldn’t want prosecutors to punish the little rascals. As a famous rocker once said “it’s a free for all” - . Some folks getting exactly what they asked for - 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandyH said:

27 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

and you can run them over !

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

Find them or not, just boys being boys. They’ll be back out on the streets “having fun” in no time. Wouldn’t want prosecutors to punish the little rascals. As a famous rocker once said “it’s a free for all” - . Some folks getting exactly what they asked for - 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, babadono said:

"we're on our way to nowhere now, can't bring the helm about"  - Al Stewart ,,Lord Grenville.

Oh my Jubilee friend. You Can bring the helm around. Just not with the current skipper on duty. Even Gilligan would jump ship at this point - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

A real damm shame this thread is on the road to nowhere, fast.

I was told this was the last bastion of civility and a politics free zone -- that the regulars love this thread so much that they self-police it.

Apparently the new/old skipper will be back in less than two weeks, so there is nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

A real damm shame this thread is on the road to nowhere, fast.

I was told this was the last bastion of civility and a politics free zone -- that the regulars love this thread so much that they self-police it.

Apparently the new/old skipper will be back in less than two weeks, so there is nothing to worry about.

What? We can’t even talk about The Golden Years of Television? I so miss The Skipper, Gilligan, Jedd, Granny and Jethro, Andy and Barney. You know the good ol’ days -  😉. Just another reason we moved to Green Acres - I could use an Eb -  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Can't leave the pc for too long now. From Barney with one bullet in his front pocket to Buicks in the loft. 

Pigs in the sky, but not the Ponderosa.

Vinny without that cool one half a second jump where he knocks that big guy down (Think it was edited it out, haven't seen that since the first five times I saw that movie).

& the points roundup for Deathrace 2000, It's happening here lately in this little berg, DBs vs the post office.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

What? We can’t even talk about The Golden Years of Television? I so miss The Skipper, Gilligan, Jedd, Granny and Jethro, Andy and Barney. You know the good ol’ days -  😉. Just another reason we moved to Green Acres - I could use an Eb -  

Oh my mistake. The context was in "waking up" i.e., waking up to the fact that Biden has us on a course for disaster, or possibly waking up to the fact that Trump was/is crazy -- which was in the context of suffering inflation on a trip to the store on a Monday, and a "cash cow" which was in the subsequent context of it will straighten itself out, but with a new skipper, all which flow back to Elden's earlier remark that he would hate to see this thread locked. 

I guess it must be Elden? He's always reading "political" into something that is purely nautical. Just the other day he was reminding me something about a rising something floating all boats.

I'm sure none of it had to do with anything related to current events and Elden was too quick to trigger the Lock Warning. Which no one has ever said, ever.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1