Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Vinny without that cool one half a second jump where he knocks that big guy down (Think it was edited it out, haven't seen that since the first five times I saw that movie).

I dunno John.... The punchout happens some time later in the movie.

here ya go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Oh my mistake. The context was in "waking up" i.e., waking up to the fact that Biden has us on a course for disaster, or possibly waking up to the fact that Trump was/is crazy -- which was in the context of suffering inflation on a trip to the store on a Monday, and a "cash cow" which was in the subsequent context of it will straighten itself out, but with a new skipper, all which flow back to Elden's earlier remark that he would hate to see this thread locked. 

I guess it must be Elden? He's always reading "political" into something that is purely nautical. Just the other day he was reminding me something about a rising something floating all boats.

I'm sure none of it had to do with anything related to current events and Elden was too quick to trigger the Lock Warning. Which no one has ever said, ever.

I think the "cash cow" remark (meme) was a response to my statement about Chiropractors keeping you in treatment forever to have "cash cows". Nothing to do with politics what so ever. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:
42 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Rolling Stones at the Cotton Bowl November 3rd.

Not sure i want to go because I might be the youngest guy there.

I'm going and I'm waaaaay younger than you.

Ha! I've already seen them at the Cotton Bowl when I wasn't too old to rock-n-roll. 🤠

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Oh my mistake. The context was in "waking up" i.e., waking up to the fact that Biden has us on a course for disaster, or possibly waking up to the fact that Trump was/is crazy -- which was in the context of suffering inflation on a trip to the store on a Monday, and a "cash cow" which was in the subsequent context of it will straighten itself out, but with a new skipper, all which flow back to Elden's earlier remark that he would hate to see this thread locked. 

I guess it must be Elden? He's always reading "political" into something that is purely nautical. Just the other day he was reminding me something about a rising something floating all boats.

I'm sure none of it had to do with anything related to current events and Elden was too quick to trigger the Lock Warning. Which no one has ever said, ever.

Ahhh yeah, that’s it. Let’s call it your mistake, place a bit o’ blame on Elden just cause, and move on. Nuthin’ to see here - 😏

9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Feel like I'm one of their many cash cows😐

-- stretching is VIP --this is  called an  inversion  table , it relaxes the column  --swimming is also an excellent way to stretch naturally--

3 Machines to Relieve Back Pain - stack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Mother Superior jumped the gun Mother Superior jumped the gun Mother Superior jumped the gun Mother Superior jumped the gun Mother Superior jumped the gun Mother Superior jumped the gun

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Feel like I'm one of their many cash cows😐

I fed 3 of them here for years then I went to my Doc, got an MRI and then 4 big bone spurs removed.  Moonwalkin now on a good day.  Mooooo...

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

We have weeds 4 feet tall

Take your lunch in there with you when you tackle it.  Take a whistle in and blow it hard and someone will come get you out if you really get lost.  Maybe  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yep but I'm not like them.....I'm a wimp for pain! 

You can get your lf to take care of you for the rest of the day and snap a pic of yourself reclining, living like Bacchus for a little while.

Check Eldon's signature for additional instructions.

Good Luck Chuck!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, RandyH said:

-- stretching is VIP --this is  called an  inversion  table , it relaxes the column  --swimming is also an excellent way to stretch naturally--

3 Machines to Relieve Back Pain - stack

My ophthalmologist recently cautioned me against subjecting these old eyes to inversion.

Actually, I asked, “So, boxing’s out?” To which he replied, “Yes, and so is inversion.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

My ophthalmologist recently cautioned me against subjecting these old eyes to inversion.

What? Why?

You don't have to go fully perpendicular to get relief from minor back pain and stretch out the spinal column.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks Randy H

I stay away from Chiros , never believed in their temporary cures , all they do is soothe the area , but do they cure it , nope , but bio-mechanics in motion , exercise , does  -

another way to build lower back muscles  naturally is riding a mountain bike or a stationary  bike  for about 1/4 hour  twice a day ,  2 things are essential ------gears must be on the lowest , so the hardest -----and  raising your body off the seat , this will cure a back pain in no time  as you are working the lower back muscles  when the butt is up in the air , vertical is  about as loose as a column can be and the lower back muscles start   tightening  on their own with the leg motion  as the body rocks  -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Actually, I asked, “So, boxing’s out.” To which he replied, “Yes, and so is inversion.”

ok no inversions  -then do  wide bar stretching and  let the legs dangle and stretch that column  --you can also do hanging leg raises -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Yep but I'm not like them.....I'm a wimp for pain! 

Pfffffft, think about the pain pills and slushies!  Get your priorities straight!  

My oldest took me down and brought me home.  YOU on the other hand have the LF to chauffeur you old A$$! 

Hi Dad, you ready?  OK Dad there ya go we're home.

I walked to the fridge, grabbed a Heineken and took my "medication."

The rest is history.  😂

• Haha 2

go to the beach... when your eyes get tired of "people watching", swimming is good PT. Careful when body surfing. Going over the top of the wave WILL wrinkle your back when you spear the bottom head first. ... 1st hand experience...

--------------------------------------------

I'm about ready to poke some holes in the roof, so it will rain.

even the weeds are starting to sag. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1