Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I'm about ready to poke some holes in the roof, so it will rain.

even the weeds are starting to sag. 

That would cut into your nipping it in the bud later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/2/2021 at 1:52 PM, Tarheel said:

Hardly struck a lick in 6-8 weeks.  Three days a week  at the Chiropractor for the lower back pain.  Friday is the last scheduled adjustment and decompression along with the reevaluation.  Want to bet they try to get me to sign up for more therapy and take another $6-7 hundred bucks.  Feel like I'm one of their many cash cows😐

Have you tried deep tissue massage by a trained professional?  (I'm not talking about oriental Ho Houses LOL), but someone that is certified and trained?  My wife has terrible sciatica and it has changed her life, as well as my recovery from major shoulder surgery.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

...and even if the relief doesn't last long... it sure feels good while they're working on ya

--------------------------------

the county school supt is coming down to wife's school tomorrow, for a photo op with wife. A professional photog, even.  I could throw a wrench in the works by showing up... lol

I scared the kids last time I came to the school.  I think I'm the tallest person they had ever seen.... being horizontally challenged accentuates my height.

-----------------------------

cute/funny

SIL came down. Kid was scrambling to find a shirt/blouse to put on. She didn't want Aunt DeDe to see her bare chested... "Grandpa is OK. He sees me all the time"

• Haha 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

go to the beach... when your eyes get tired of "people watching", swimming is good PT

And very good excerise swimming away from sharks, been alot of that in the last couple of years, you would be suprised how quick the pain goes away when swimming for your life. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Pete H said:

Have you tried deep tissue massage by a trained professional? 

No but would love to try, Robert Craft recommends it.

2 hours ago, Pete H said:

(I'm not talking about oriental Ho Houses LOL)

Oh never mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

the county school supt is coming down to wife's school tomorrow, for a photo op with wife. A professional photog, even. 

I must have missed it, did she win ?

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

or it was just your time

It's aways my time, I just somewhat learned to control it on a good day. 

I contribute that to 42 years of training. 

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

No decision made yet. She has to go to Flagstaff for the announcement of the winner... I wanna say that is coming next month

Well tell her Congratulations on just being in the running, if I had that job you would have seen it in the news and I would be off to prison. I can deal with our grandkids but not with other feral kids.

• Like 4

Looked up "exercises for low back pain" and found a list by Kaiser Permanente.  Got out the exercise mat and did a few exercises a couple of times.  Bien!  Helped a lot to stretch out the back some.  And all along I have been very careful and resting my back rather than moving it a bit😐

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Looked up "exercises for low back pain" and found a list by Kaiser Permanente.  Got out the exercise mat and did a few exercises a couple of times.  Bien!  Helped a lot to stretch out the back some.  And all along I have been very careful and resting my back rather than moving it a bit😐

I have similar issues with my lower back, roll in arthritis, compression and bulging disc and you're there. Had an MRI and it was decided not to operate as they can fix one or two but not all four and none of them are off the charts. So stretching it is!! Makes all the difference in the world. I also go once a week to get stretched out. Not physical therapy (too costly) but sports medicine type of facility. Keeps me on task and having someone else bend you around gets more accomplished. Sitting still and resting is never an option for me. Something I need to work on but can NOT do currently.

• Like 3

Yes the daily stretching is what I've done for decades when I wake starting before I'm out of bed.

Hurt my back back when I was a teen picking up an awkward large desk that wasn't too heavy for me. It was the way I configured myself to lift it and bam! I was no good for almost a week, without the chiropractor that worked on me within an hour or so it would have been worse. For a decade I could feel the barometric pressure when it changed dramatically. Now it's just the knee that I can feel it in sometimes. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

And all along I have been very careful and resting my back

you're forgetting the VIP

a)  ZINC  tablets 2x per day  , Zinc heals the vessels that trigger pain -

b) lay on your back in the sun   , let the sun cook your back  -

c)  avoid driving sports cars with low bucket  seats after 70  :biggrin:  buy a minivan

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RandyH said:

avoid driving sports cars with low bucket  seats after 70  :biggrin:  buy a minivan

Ya forget who you're talking to :rolleyes:

Our Roger Waters doppelganger will not follow that recommendation!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1